Is Windows phone dead or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
my entire household has windows phones, we are all windows insiders and LOVE it!

its not dead, 11 million sales over the holidays and amazing Markets in India and South America. It takes time but we are getting there...LOVE MY Lumia 1520!

Lol at 11 million, Apple sold as many iPhone 6/6+ on their opening weekend. There's a difference in context here. By itself it could be an impressive number, but next to its competitors, and that part is important, that number is laughable.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't matter where it is, first , second or ninth. Honestly, who cares? I have tried all platforms and yet I keep coming back to windows. The platform works for me and I get everything I need from it. Added to this I actually quite like that when I go to a meeting I don't slap an iphone down like all the other sheep. Is the iphone good? Certainly. Is it exclusive? Hardly. Every one and there dog in my neck of the woods is sporting one of some vintage it seems. I like being a little different. Silly I know.

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I get where the OP is coming from. It's been stagnant for a long time now. But we can forgive them why. With Windows 10 around the corner there's no point in them making any more major changes to WP 8.1. Dead? No, not dead. It's really the 'calm before the storm'.

"Lol at 11 million, Apple sold as many iPhone 6/6+ on their opening weekend" Yeah well my reply to that is so what? Apple is the designer jeans of the phone world. You have to look at WP's accomplishment within its own niche rather than always compare yourself to the designer brand. One day people will begin to realise that there are other phones out there on the market and Apple will begin to lose the cult status.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
One day people will begin to realise that there are other phones out there on the market and Apple will begin to lose the cult status.

People have been saying this for seven nearly eight years, since the original iPhone launched basically. Has it happened? It actually has; where iPhone used to stand as a market leader, Android took over. Has the cult status disappeared? Not one bit, everyone knows about the iPhone. It's still super popular. The mind share is truly what matters, and that's not going away why? Because as much as people hate on it, the iPhone is actually a technological marvel. It's an amazing piece of hardware that just works because Apple knows what they're doing.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone is dead yet Microsoft sold 11 Million Lumias last quarter, their biggest quarter ever since the launch of WP7? The best Lumia quarter of the past 4 years?

I find it funny that I see LG's impressive growth articles EVERYWHERE but I can just count on one hand the articles about Lumias having their best quarter ever.

Don't believe the media. Most of them are rubbish anyways. Windows Phone is far from dead.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone is dead yet Microsoft sold 11 Million Lumias last quarter, their biggest quarter ever since the launch of WP7? The best Lumia quarter of the past 4 years?

I find it funny that I see LG's impressive growth articles EVERYWHERE but I can just count on one hand the articles about Lumias having their best quarter ever.

Don't believe the media. Most of them are rubbish anyways. Windows Phone is far from dead.

It would be a waste of most media outlets' time as they know most people don't really care about WP. Those who do already have a dedicated website for news.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
At OP.
Yes Windowsphone is dead, really dead.
Its sucks bigtime,
If i was you i stay far away from it and spend my money elseware.
The entire platform sucks just like the apps, remember al those rumours about those apps who arent really there?
Well, its al true, there arnt any.

Psssttttt.................................did he buy it?
Jolly, now i can keep al those goodies to myself.
Nobody needs to know that Windowsphone is one of the most solid and safest platform around.
It is smooth as butter even on low budget phones.
There are plenty apps to discover and they are al working.
People don't have to know that we are looking at the dawn of a new era.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
It would be a waste of most media outlets' time as they know most people don't really care about WP. Those who do already have a dedicated website for news.
Your definitely trolling hard. I feel you though but I either have to or want to wait till summer because I do love windows phone but poor market share numbers followed by apps leaving just doesn't sound like a growing os. I really hope this win10 flips the switch but man its tough to believe it will .

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Your definitely trolling hard. I feel you though but I either have to or want to wait till summer because I do love windows phone but poor market share numbers followed by apps leaving just doesn't sound like a growing os. I really hope this win10 flips the switch but man its tough to believe it will .

I don't mean to be trolling as this is my legitimate honest opinion but if people don't believe me then fine that's their prerogative.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
At OP.
Yes Windowsphone is dead, really dead.
Its sucks bigtime,
If i was you i stay far away from it and spend my money elseware.
The entire platform sucks just like the apps, remember al those rumours about those apps who arent really there?
Well, its al true, there arnt any.

Psssttttt.................................did he buy it?
Jolly, now i can keep al those goodies to myself.
Nobody needs to know that Windowsphone is one of the most solid and safest platform around.
It is smooth as butter even on low budget phones.
There are plenty apps to discover and they are al working.
People don't have to know that we are looking at the dawn of a new era.
LOL! You had me there for a second!

Goosinurwife

Banned
Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
hello folks.. soo is windows phone doomed? will microsoft kill it off? will things keep gettin better and better? ( windows 10 )

thanks in advance

i can answer ur question honestly since i got a windows phone liked it and had it for a while then got a lumia 1320 now after using windows phone along time a year an some months the answer to ur question is yes windows phone is doomed and DOA why u ask well becuz all the good aps an best apps and nesesary apps are on android and iphone an seems windows phone wont ever egt them also windows phone has alot of bugs n hardware problems its freakin annoyin as heck id just thro my windows phone in the trash if i hadnt paid almost 300 bux for it so im just gona try an pawn it or sell it for whatever i can get then im gona go an buy me a moto g an so long windows phone thans for bein a crap phone

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
To me, WP is not dead since everything is functional like the store and we will receive updates like W10 for phones. To the OP, if you enjoy your 930 keep it.

I really enjoy my 920, only gripe is the battery but for everything else i use it as daily driver even i have some Android devices around.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
No, it's not dead and people telling you otherwise would be horribly misinformed.

Windows Phones are selling better than ever, there's more public presence than there's ever been, and the app situation is improving all the time. Just in the last year I went from having no method of paying my bills on mobile, congregating all the banks I use, having smart wearable I can talk to or using NFC payment method to having all four, and the "It doesn't even have Instagram or Candy Crush!" argument is outdated much like all the rest of the anti-WP propaganda. That only highlights a couple of the tens of thousands... the revamp of Xbox Live means more games can use the service without the traditional hassles, and we actually have a pretty nice app growth rate.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No, it's not dead and people telling you otherwise would be horribly misinformed.

Windows Phones are selling better than ever, there's more public presence than there's ever been, and the app situation is improving all the time. Just in the last year I went from having no method of paying my bills on mobile, congregating all the banks I use, having smart wearable I can talk to or using NFC payment method to having all four, and the "It doesn't even have Instagram or Candy Crush!" argument is outdated much like all the rest of the anti-WP propaganda. That only highlights a couple of the tens of thousands... the revamp of Xbox Live means more games can use the service without the traditional hassles, and we actually have a pretty nice app growth rate.

Not dead... Yet. The "still doesn't have" argument has evolved to: Still doesn't have Snapchat or the latest Instagram/candy crush etc. The app gap has been slightly alleviated but it's still abhorrently present.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It's all in your personal preference. Since you own a flagship and Windows 10 is on the way, I recommend you stick around a few months longer.

Me, I fell in love with windows phone. Admittedly my first smartphone was a ZTE android phone. Only kept it for about 2 months, horrible experience on all fronts and horrible battery, and rooting it was next to impossible since I couldn't find any online solutions. I then came across a great deal at WalMart. Lumia 521 for 80$ and a TMo prepaid plan of 30$ a month (which fit my needs perfectly price and offerwise). For the next 6 months I enjoyed my new Lumia, it had its bugs, only app it lacked was nyan cat lost in space, and worked great and last me all day long. Now I'm on my Lumia 635 and I'm here to stay so long as the platform exists. Even after I'd still buy the phones while I could.

@Luisraul924 I get what you're trying todo, you like your iPhone and you want to provide an option to the OP while rooting for your personal preference, you wont make any friends here but the honesty is appreciated. I personally don't like iPhones for the simple fact its UI just seems really ugly to me, and it's hardware is pretty dated. Despite its incredibly demanding premium price, its worth maybe 250-300$ to build one. Another reason I call iPhones just complete BS. Not everyone has the luxury to get 80$ a month plans or drop 1100$ on an unlocked new iPhone, I'd much rather get a great good quality gaming PC with that money. Just straight up ridiculous. smdh

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Very distant third
Um, why do you care? If you think your cool because you have an iPhone, then go brag to someone else. Diversity is key, it's what leads to new innovations. That's what Microsoft is doing. Oh and by the way, the app gap didn't have any effect on me. The game are there, and the needed apps are there. Nothing that severely damages the experience.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Um, why do you care? If you think your cool because you have an iPhone, then go brag to someone else. Diversity is key, it's what leads to new innovations. That's what Microsoft is doing. Oh and by the way, the app gap didn't have any effect on me. The game are there, and the needed apps are there. Nothing that severely damages the experience.

I care because I like Windows Phone just as much as I like iOS and Android. It would be nice if Microsoft acted like they cared about their mobile OS and did something about the app gap that definitely affects people more than it affects you apparently.

Edit: My daily driver is a Lumia 635 btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo