It is my opinion that there is too much coincidental timing and alignment of goals (ie Apple Pay). I wrote an email complaint to the Department of Justice and posted it on my blog. I think I described enough observational flags to warrant at least a questioning of the parties. If you agree with what I presented, maybe you can write your own email (​askdoj@usdoj.gov).

https://jeffdalydose.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/doj-complaint/

01-30-2015 12:13 PM
    It is my opinion that there is too much coincidental timing and alignment of goals (ie Apple Pay). I wrote an email complaint to the Department of Justice and posted it on my blog. I think I described enough observational flags to warrant at least a questioning of the parties. If you agree with what I presented, maybe you can write your own email (​askdoj@usdoj.gov).

https://jeffdalydose.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/doj-complaint/

I've written to them in the past about a similar issue and they referred me to the FTC. You may want to write to them too.
    Guytronic, aximtreo and dalydose like this.
    01-30-2015 12:19 PM
    If they really were in collusion they would be targeting a platform with significantly larger marketshare, i.e. android and not one that's barely on the map.
    01-30-2015 12:33 PM
    Sounds like a stretch.

A coincidence, and I've seen the theories - I play Deus Ex - but it still seems like nothing sinister.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    01-30-2015 11:27 PM
    DOJ won't have much to do with this.
    Any valid complaint here would definitely be a trade law violation.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    01-30-2015 11:35 PM
    DOJ won't have much to do with this.
    Any valid complaint here would definitely be a trade law violation.
    I agree. The FTC would most likely be the agency to handle that type of complaint.
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-31-2015 12:29 AM
    Depends on the strategy. Android might be TOO big to target and maybe they feel like they can compete better with Android in a duopoly without a pesky little Windows Phone lingering around. Squash the little one first and move on the bigger prey.

Actually, DOJ investigates anti-competitive cases. They sued Microsoft and have investigated Google. Hey, I'll send to the FTC, too, but I hope that I'm not the ONLY one.

Sounds like a stretch.

A coincidence, and I've seen the theories - I play Deus Ex - but it still seems like nothing sinister.
    Big coincidence since they are the headline Apple Pay banks and their announcements were so close to each other AND so close to the Microsoft event.

Forwarded to antitrust@ftc.gov
    Report An Antitrust Violation | Federal Trade Commission
    Last edited by Guytronic; 02-02-2015 at 06:15 PM.
    02-02-2015 12:53 AM