Windows Convert!

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So recently I started a new temp job as an assistant to a sales manager for a new home community. My boss (she's not really my boss as I work for another company but that's what I'll call her) was readily complaining about her slow Acer computer. I mean it's really slow. Painfully slow. It's so slow that it has literally slowed her down with work and clients. She also has been frustrated with her Galaxy Note 3 which has been giving all kinds of trouble. The store sales person told her it would be the best thing for her business. It hasn't turned out that way as she can't even get around the thing.

In comparison she was really impressed with how functional my SP3 was with potential clients. Here I am the new guy... the temp and I'm pulling up information, showing site maps, walking the community showing where their house is being built, etc. all with SP3 in hand. She liked it so much that yesterday she went and bought one for herself. So now I'm not only working with/for her but pre-training her before her Windows classes start next week :). Then today she comes in with her new bag of goodies from the Microsoft Store including the Microsoft wireless display adapter. When I showed her how it worked on our screens and how it can help her communicate with our buyers wirelessly she almost fainted!

It's funny. I came to this job minding my own business and ended up converting an IOS and Android user. Take that Microsoft store! You should've hired me back in Nov. :).

Anybody else have a story where you converted an IOS or Android user to W8 or WP?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Way to go Byrese!! Yea mine is not as impressive though. A colleague of mine desperately needed a new phone (one that would bring her into this century :/ but at the same time she wanted a reasonably priced phone, because she has to keep the majority of her money for bills and she wanted sth simple; so no bells and whistles weren't a problem), so when she told me what was going on, I recommended my phone (920) and she loved it. I would have recommended a 635 instead, but I wanted her to have a phone with at least 1 gb of ram, not that she knows why that is important and since she only cares about whatsapp, skype and messenger, it was a right fit :)

Potentially I've also converted my gf's dad from Android to WP; He wanted a phone with a large display and immediately told him that based on that he could go for the Note or the 1520.. I kept pushing for the 1520 though and if everything goes well he'll be getting one of them in May :D

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Way to go Byrese!! Yea mine is not as impressive though. A colleague of mine desperately needed a new phone (one that would bring her into this century :/ but at the same time she wanted a reasonably priced phone, because she has to keep the majority of her money for bills and she wanted sth simple; so no bells and whistles weren't a problem), so when she told me what was going on, I recommended my phone (920) and she loved it. I would have recommended a 635 instead, but I wanted her to have a phone with at least 1 gb of ram, not that she knows why that is important and since she only cares about whatsapp, skype and messenger, it was a right fit :)

Potentially I've also converted my gf's dad from Android to WP; He wanted a phone with a large display and immediately told him that based on that he could go for the Note or the 1520.. I kept pushing for the 1520 though and if everything goes well he'll be getting one of them in May :D

Sweet. I had a 1520 but now with a 930. He gonna but new or used?

On another note, I've been helping my boss get around in W8.1. After using great Vista OS I don't know why people had a problem with W8. I'm literally using both right now and even she's admiting that it looks and is easier to navigate. But I get it...businesses won't retrain employees.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
A new 1520; he doesn't believe in refurbished lol

W8 is great on a touch device and I can understand why so many had issues with it (on traditional laptops/desktops).. Most people use their PC's for certain things, but never go very "deep" into, so when things change they get confused and lost :p

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
A new 1520; he doesn't believe in refurbished lol

W8 is great on a touch device and I can understand why so many had issues with it (on traditional laptops/desktops).. Most people use their PC's for certain things, but never go very "deep" into, so when things change they get confused and lost :p

Yeah true... Maybe I'm just young (I'm 33) but I think people are just lazy. But hey what do i know.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I had fun trying to convince an Apple employee to buy an SP3 as she was trying to sell me an iPad mini (which I was going to buy anyways for my fiance). As long as you compliment Apple products in between statements, they are more willing to listen to your reasons why an SP3 is a cooler and more productive device. Almost had her I think...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes