Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I agree totally with the agentm. Microsoft must stay loyal to it's tiny 3% if it hopes to have a shot at staying relevant. It's absurd to expect developers to work for Windows when it doesn't develop such a key app for its own platform...

FYI.
Microsoft did not develop this app from scratch. They bought the company which basically made it for android and iPhone and only needed to do some tweaking for android and iphone.
So I do not see what this has to do with loyalty it's misplaced loyalty.

With your reasoning i also could argue that Cortana should not be available at all until it can be used in all the countries of the world.
Because i am Dutch and Cortana is not locally available Microsoft should be "loyal" to all wp users so disable the function till it's available to all?

Last edited:

simon.b

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
You obviously have no experience growing a business, but thanks for coming

So whats your experience then? You might have a point if releasing outlook for WP first or exclusive would result in more windows phone sales. But do you honestly belive that this would significantly result in more market share for WP?

Seems it would rather be the other way around and the small group of windows users would hold back the office business.

Of course I would also love to be first in line and there is a negative feeling when your not first class citizen althought your sololy in the MS ecosystem. But from a business perspective as a whole it seems to make sense.

apupatel6565

Banned
Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
In my humble performance as business owner, I would always perform to the benefit of my existing customers first. It would guarantee their loyalty as I pray to gain new customers in my store.

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
In my humble performance as business owner, I would always perform to the benefit of my existing customers first. It would guarantee their loyalty as I pray to gain new customers in my store.

Yep. MS has an army of loyalists. In my business word of mouth advertising from my loyal patrons has made me successful. They have then brought me new customers. Analogous

BlackJack1979

Banned
Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes and the net result, which is the point of the OP, is that they on iOS and Android have the new Outlook, and we don't and are stuck with aged apps that they would never download..

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

True, but both you and Blackjack have a very narrow view of who MS' customers are.

Owning a WP device makes you an MS customer. Agreed. However, using OneDrive, Office, Outlook, Exchange server, or any other one of MS' products and services also makes you an MS customer, and 95% of those people happen to use iOS or Android devices.

If those MS customers are not looked after, there soon won't be an MS ecosystem that WP could tie into.
I agree that Office coming so late to WP is an issue, but this? Seriously? Nothing has changed, except that an app called Accompli, which has existed for ages on iOS and Android, is now called Outlook.

Are we really going to nerd rage over a branding issue? C'mon!

apupatel6565

Banned
Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes and the net result, which is the point of the OP, is that they on iOS and Android have the new Outlook, and we don't and are stuck with aged apps that they would never download..

My concurrence is with you and the agentmike. Respectfully, I am frustrated to utilize the old calendar andmail apps, that my Andorid and iOS friends states typifies the WP ecosystem,while they get the newest nd greatest even from our own MS.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes and the net result, which is the point of the OP, is that they on iOS and Android have the new Outlook..

That would make sense if they actually had the new outlook. They don't. They have the exact same Accompli app they've always had. What they actually have is a new name... absolutely appalling /s

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
You totally miss the point...

Then explain it to me.

Except they don't have Outlook. They have Accompli with a new name. If Microsoft had never bought the company, the app would still be there. They have done nothing special in terms of Outlook.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting while my iPhone pals are not. Thanks for loyalty MS....

What exactly are you waiting for? Read my post #9 so you have a clearer understanding. The Outlook for iOS is no better than what we have out of the box. We have 3rd party solutions that are much better than this and since Outlook is not a native iOS app, I consider it a 3rd party solution as well. MetroMail lets you attach local and cloud files to your heart's content while Outlook for iOS only lets you send links from cloud servers. I'd say your iPhone pals are the ones waiting. Until iOS allows for local storage, they'll be waiting a lot longer.

BlackJack1979

Banned
Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
What exactly are you waiting for? Read my post #9 so you have a clearer understanding. The Outlook for iOS is no better than what we have out of the box. We have 3rd party solutions that are much better than this and since Outlook is not a native iOS app, I consider it a 3rd party solution as well. MetroMail lets you attach local and cloud files to your heart's content while Outlook for iOS only lets you send links from cloud servers. I'd say your iPhone pals are the ones waiting. Until iOS allows for local storage, they'll be waiting a lot longer.

The proof is in the pudding. I wager you will be among the first to use it when available...dont snow a snowman

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The proof is in the pudding. I wager you will be among the first to use it when available...dont snow a snowman

To use what? Outlook on iOS? Yes, I have used it which is why I know exactly how it works. WP may be my preference as my daily driver but I'm a fan of ALL OSes. I've used every single commercially available OS that's been released in the US since 2004, I don't need to snow anybody because I have firsthand experience. Besides a guess, what do you bring to the table?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

You do not agree that android and iPhone already can use this app and wp not.
What has that to do with using it if it's becomes available for wp?
To answer it. NOTHING.

apupatel6565

Banned
Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Thank you agent and Blackman for reasonable view of this problem. I am saddened by the complacency of these other posters (if that is correct term). MS simply must cater to its loyal customers as I do at my store. It is time for me to.end this discussion. Thank you agent for finding this information and regards

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank you agent and Blackman for reasonable view of this problem. I am saddened by the complacency of these other posters (if that is correct term). MS simply must cater to its loyal customers as I do at my store. It is time for me to.end this discussion. Thank you agent for finding this information and regards

I am out too, as some will never get it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss