Bing> Google?

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I use GoodSearch for all my searches since they donate a portion of ad revenue to charities, but if I need to use something else, it's BING. And of course, Cortana uses Bing, so whatever I have it search for I use Bing.

Google is the last resort for me - and I rarely get that far.

MIcrosoft and Bill Gates donate more than Google

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
You come to a Windows enthusiast's site and ask if Bing is better than Google? What do you expect the answers to be? Hilarious.
Next, go to India and ask them which country is better; India or Pakistan.

Windows enthusiasts, not Bing. Both made by MS but not the same thing. Please make your comment relevant, if you're not responding to the topic please font respond

Splacknuk

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been using gmail since September of 2004. Was heavy into all things Google... Wave, G+, etc

What got me started on Microsoft was Zune. I had a couple of them, including the HD. I still think it was better than iAnything. Now I'm completely hooked on Microsoft products. I own a Surface and an Icon. I'm just always nervous that I'm going to be let down... I hate that feeling!

As for Bing > Google, I can bing things 90% of the time, but I almost always find a better answer for technical/computer problems via Google. Not sure why.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
In Greece the most accurate search engine is Google (by far).
Second is duckduckgo (which I use by default in my pc).
Unfortunately Bing is nowhere near those two search engines (only design-wise is better than Google) ..

I really don't like Google but often I'm forced to use it in order to get valid and accurate search results especially in Greek.
Bing have to expand their services and bring better accuracy on results in Europe (and the rest of the world) in order to
become the preferred search provider for many.

[edit: I just read the previous posts and damn, am I the only one here using Duckduckgo? :p ]

I used DuckDuckGo up until I switched to Bing about a month ago on my PC. Been using it on my phone, and finally got into Bing Rewards, switched it on PC and haven't looked back. Then again, I'm in the US, so results are always very good. I had been using DuckDuckGo for so long, I can't remember the last time I used Google. Before DuckDuckGo, I was using Scroogle, just because I didn't like Google's tracking.

Microsoft definitely needs to improve Bing for worldwide use. I really believe that's the biggest thing holding back Cortana from becoming something useful for the rest of the world and why Cortana keeps getting limited to US. Hopefully trying to make Cortana for the rest of the world will force Microsoft to enhance Bing for the rest of the world.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I prefer Bing, honestly there isn't much between the results Bing gives you and the ones Google gives you TBH and in tests most people picked the Bing search results over Google anyway, so that certainly tells you something. That and the Image of the Day that you can download and use as a desktop background.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Everything is better with Bing, and I used it all the time - except when doing searches in a language other than English. Google crushes Bing in non-English searches, unfortunately.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the UI and find the search engines does a much better job of giving you what you're looking for straight away. Google's a celebrity or a law of physics and you'll get a much nicer experience than Google.

Unfortunately, this is part of the problem. Dylan used the verb "google" to describe doing a Bing search...Google's even infiltrated the dictionaries :)

I prefer Bing except when it comes to an image search...Google gets me better results then.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, this is part of the problem. Dylan used the verb "google" to describe doing a Bing search...Google's even infiltrated the dictionaries :)
I have started to use the term "Bing" as a verb to counteract it... It felt weird at first, but it's rolling off the tongue better now. :)

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have started to use the term "Bing" as a verb to counteract it... It felt weird at first, but it's rolling off the tongue better now. :)

Does anybody know what you're talking about? :amaze: The English language has accepted a lot of these so-called "proprietary eponyms". Do you ask for a Kleenex, or for a facial tissue? There's a reason Google is used in this way instead of Bing or any other search engine.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
That's too bad. Bing rewards over the past couple years has gotten me lot of things that using google or yahoo will not, such as gift cards, free coffee, and extra OneDrive storage. Perhaps give it a go.

I already racked up over 1000 Bing credits. My Bing search isn't dead.

Newcron

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Because of Bing Rewards, and the fact that I've been using my Lumia 635 every day now, plus I just got myself a Windows 8.1 tablet to play around with, I've set Bing to default on my computers for the past three weeks now. And the result is... absolutely terrible. I found myself several times a day having to do another search on Google after I did a search on Bing, because Bing didn't give me anything useful at all. And all the time I did this, another search with Google found me the things I was looking for right there in the first few links. It's like Google can read my mind (which isn't much of a stretch, after years and years of my search history with it), while Bing is trying hard to guess, without much success.

Having said that, I'm sticking with Bing for a while, as I really want to like it, plus I'm a sucker for this type of rewards program, but if things don't improve in the next few weeks I'm likely going back.

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Similar to other posts, I use Bing daily now. Additionally, I took Google out of my vocabulary as a verb and replaced it with Bing. I usually leave Bing open on my computer and co-workers have to stop and ask, "Where is that?!" My response is, "Let's find out."

My favorite has to be the home page images, not to mention being able to download and use them as a background for the computer or phone. Of course there is Bing Rewards, but I haven't won anything yet. I did get $5 for Amazon a few months ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12