Bing> Google?

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
So I was a sole Google user my whole life, but I really got into the Microsoft ecosystem and I love how everything is so tightly woven together with Windows, Windows phone, Cortana, Bing translation, Maps ect. But there was one thing I had never tried that I thought MIGHT be the key piece to bring EVERYTHING together. Bing. Yes I know, but I was willing to give it a shot so I did for a month.... No Google at all.... And to be honest it really was..... GREAT. Love the UI, integration with other MS services and the search results were ALMOST as good. Yeah im surprised and was wondering if you guys had the same results.

Jesse Sasso

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Been using Bing since the search engine was first released. Since I'm also heavily into the Microsoft ecosystem, I don't believe I will ever use Google as a primary unless its the only option available. Bing Rewards has also been fantastic since Bing search is built into the phone with Cortana, and syncs effortlessly with my searches on the desktop browser.

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the UI and find the search engines does a much better job of giving you what you're looking for straight away. Google's a celebrity or a law of physics and you'll get a much nicer experience than Google.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Bing is a lot better than people give it credit for. I won't say it's better or worse than Google search, but the image search of Google is; admittedly, much better.

Unless I'm missing something, I still can't put in a resolution based image search into Bing.

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the UI and find the search engines does a much better job of giving you what you're looking for straight away. Google's a celebrity or a law of physics and you'll get a much nicer experience than Google.

100% Agree, love the UI and integration. I can say im now a permanent Bing user , a big plus was i also earned a 5$ gift card from them using Bing rewards. All i did was use the search engine and its now money earned 😊

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Bing is a lot better than people give it credit for. I won't say it's better or worse than Google search, but the image search of Google is; admittedly, much better.

Unless I'm missing something, I still can't put in a resolution based image search into Bing.

I can say with personal experience, that the Google and Bing Image searches are nearly identical. I give google the SLIGHT edge because of the resolution filter but there's a similar feature with bing. However, with video, google gets absolutely blown out of the water

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Been using Bing since the search engine was first released. Since I'm also heavily into the Microsoft ecosystem, I don't believe I will ever use Google as a primary unless its the only option available. Bing Rewards has also been fantastic since Bing search is built into the phone with Cortana, and syncs effortlessly with my searches on the desktop browser.

I've used the Google, Apple and Microsoft ecosystem now. And I must say, im so glad I stuck with MS and Windows! The integration between phone and desktop with Cortana in Windows 10 is amazing and the bing integration for me hooked. I'm loving every bit of it and it seems like a no brainer now! Bing rewards is also a big plus, earned 5$ already 😊

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I can say with personal experience, that the Google and Bing Image searches are nearly identical. I give google the SLIGHT edge because of the resolution filter but there's a similar feature with bing. However, with video, google gets absolutely blown out of the water

Bing has more relevant results than google, I am very glad I dropped google in favor of bing years ago.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I first tried out bing after doing the "bing vs google" challenge site that Microsoft set up. I chose bing I think 4 out of 5 times. Then I starting using bing rewards and had no reason to go back to google.
I don't think I've paid full price for a book on amazon in a year. Just rack up rewards points while I'm reading a book and by the time I am finished I have another $5 gift card ready.

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I first tried out bing after doing the "bing vs google" challenge site that Microsoft set up. I chose bing I think 4 out of 5 times. Then I starting using bing rewards and had no reason to go back to google.
I don't think I've paid full price for a book on amazon in a year. Just rack up rewards points while I'm reading a book and by the time I am finished I have another $5 gift card ready.

Bing rewards really is a big perk, already earned a 5$ Amazon Gift card in my first month! Only ties I have to google at this point is Gmail and im not sure if I should move to outlook, than again I didn't think I'd use Bing..

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I've used Bing for two years now and I love it wayyyy more than Google. I've earned over $50 now using Bing Rewards, and I love the UI of Bing a lot more. Bing gives me more stuff up front, like the specs of a phone or the lyrics to a song.

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I've used Bing for two years now and I love it wayyyy more than Google. I've earned over $50 now using Bing Rewards, and I love the UI of Bing a lot more. Bing gives me more stuff up front, like the specs of a phone or the lyrics to a song.

100% agree, especially as a graphics designer. I focus on UI a lot and the Bing UI is far superior to Google's. Search simplicity as well, you get a lot more up front answers. Lyrics? Yup Sports Teams/Schedules/Scores? Sure Info on a website? Definitely Synonyms, Definitions ect.? Yeah
Helps me get my info faster and that's why I love it. Bing Rewards is a huge thing too haha

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I frankly don't remember when I last used Google. It sure has been years. I like Bing. Not because it is Microsoft or better or worse than Google. I like it because I just find the stuff I'm searching for and shows me some news on the start screen. Bing rewards is the icing on the cake.

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I frankly don't remember when I last used Google. It sure has been years. I like Bing. Not because it is Microsoft or better or worse than Google. I like it because I just find the stuff I'm searching for and shows me some news on the start screen. Bing rewards is the icing on the cake.

Fair point, Bing rewards is great!

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have not used google in so long, I don't even remember what it was like. Bing is awesome. People who hate it are just being unreasonable because they are brainwashed by the marketing company called google.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99