Bing> Google?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I was a lifetime Google user but switched to Bing a year ago. I do a lot of technical searches. Occasionally I resort to trying Google when I cannot find an answer in Bing but rarely does Google help even then. So to me Bing is as effective or better than Google these days.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have not used google in so long, I don't even remember what it was like. Bing is awesome. People who hate it are just being unreasonable because they are brainwashed by the marketing company called google.

I am pretty sure that in some point in time, we used google in the past; Then I used a different search engine, altavista I think it was called... Which yahoo owns now. Something about bing just makes me feel like you just arrived home from a boring hotel that you stayed in, and that boring hotel was google.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I would like to use Bing, love the IU and image earch is much nicer, but for us in Europe it simply doesn't come close to Google. Many times I search for something not so popular I don't even get relevant result.
So Google on PC, phone both, Bing when searching something I know it will be there...

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I use Bing 95% of the time, sometimes I don't get the relevant answers so am forced to use Google.
I agree MS do need to do more work on Bing in the UK & Europe though...

G.

Primoz Kavcic

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I would love to use bing but here as said above it is near to useless in Europe. For example if i search: Ffa (that's my college) i get football federation australia. Not even close to what i meant but google finds it correctly
So sorry MS, i would but i just dont get what i want

jbestman

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
You come to a Windows enthusiast's site and ask if Bing is better than Google? What do you expect the answers to be? Hilarious.
Next, go to India and ask them which country is better; India or Pakistan.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If you build up a history with Google, the results get better.
Same with Bing.
Problem is that most people try Bing, go "it's not as good as Google", but forget Google may have, what, 15 years of their searches to leverage.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Tell me why I didn't realize there was a Bing app on windows 8 lol.

I just usually type it in the universal box to search and do it that way. But I reset my surface back to windows 8 and noticed the Bing app!

I love Bing for Bing rewards and Bing. I still sometimes use google since it is so hardwired in me to google first. But I am training myself to use Bing first

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I want to like Bing, it looks far better than Google, love the image a day and I do use it on and off. But I'm in the UK and often find the results aren't as relevant and I have to resort to Google. Google knows if I want to search Lancaster, that I don't want a hundred results from Pennsylvania, even with UK in the search box, Bing doesn't get it.
MS does bug me in this respect, Apple and Google just seem to be Global, but MS seems to be US first, then the rest of the world maybe never and I won't ***** about the awards.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm a web developer and I find I often still get better, or more relevant, results with Google when searching for development stuff. Even stuff found on MSDN sometimes. I also use Google's ability to filter by date a lot, a feature Bing removed.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
In Greece the most accurate search engine is Google (by far).
Second is duckduckgo (which I use by default in my pc).
Unfortunately Bing is nowhere near those two search engines (only design-wise is better than Google) ..

I really don't like Google but often I'm forced to use it in order to get valid and accurate search results especially in Greek.
Bing have to expand their services and bring better accuracy on results in Europe (and the rest of the world) in order to
become the preferred search provider for many.

[edit: I just read the previous posts and damn, am I the only one here using Duckduckgo? :p ]

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm a web developer and I find I often still get better, or more relevant, results with Google when searching for development stuff. Even stuff found on MSDN sometimes. I also use Google's ability to filter by date a lot, a feature Bing removed.

I find the same thing. For some reason Google is much better at finding relevant results on Microsoft sites such as MSDN. I work with a bunch of (self-proclaimed) Microsoft/Bing/WP/AnythingNotGoogleOrApple fanboys and they reluctantly say the same thing. :eek:rly:

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I use GoodSearch for all my searches since they donate a portion of ad revenue to charities, but if I need to use something else, it's BING. And of course, Cortana uses Bing, so whatever I have it search for I use Bing.

Google is the last resort for me - and I rarely get that far.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I first tried out bing after doing the "bing vs google" challenge site that Microsoft set up. I chose bing I think 4 out of 5 times. Then I starting using bing rewards and had no reason to go back to google.
I don't think I've paid full price for a book on amazon in a year. Just rack up rewards points while I'm reading a book and by the time I am finished I have another $5 gift card ready.

I prefer Bing, but did the "Bing vs google" challenge a few years ago, funny thing is it said I chose google like 4 out of 5 times. ??!!
I switched from using yahoo as my main search engine and news site, when whatshername changed everything. Googles ok but I prefer Bings look and UI. People still ask me why I use Bing (always seemingly confused and bewildered that someone actually doesn't google everything) I show off my news source, and rewards. I haven't won anything from sweeps entries, but have collected a few $5 ecards -GameStop and Burger King being favorites, and I've got a few bucks in my Wallet for WP apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos