Bing> Google?

Pivotgeeks

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
once i was looking for an e-book, i googled the **** out of it, then binged it guess what, it did the Job!
ive set up my starting page as Bing so that when i wake up in the morning and open browser i get to see an inspirational image..
but until Microsoft makes bing reward available to other parts of the earth, i will keep using both

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been a Bing convert for almost three years now.

Bing can pretty much stand toe to toe with Google when comparing search results, but that's not why I made the switch. I fell in love with the Bing daily wallpaper. Maybe it is because I am a photography enthusiast, but Bing's daily wallpapers are so beautiful and refreshing. I especially love when Bing has animated / video versions instead of a still photo. Google has stuck with the same void of empty white space for the last 15 years, and their little "doodle" at the top of the page does little to alleviate the dull page.

For the 10+ years that I used Google (I was an Altavista guy before Google came along :p) I never set Google as my browser's home page, but Bing makes for an excellent and great looking home page. Bing as desktop browser home page + Bing daily wallpaper for Windows Phone lockscreen = beauty!

todd7900

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Well if you don't mind someone data mining every email you receive or send go ahead and stay with Gmail, otherwise it's time to switch.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
As far as international search goes Bing = Google. They almost have same search result but when it comes to local search Bing is light year behind Google.

But again so many Bing vs Google thread won't make Bing better. I doubt who isn't MS fan use Bing for search.

Last edited:

EvgeniyV

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I like MS technologies and tried to use Bing as my primary search engine some times. I like new background image every day (use it on my Lumia). But... when my search request is difficult, Google gives much more helpful results.
So I still use Google...

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I think its good enough at most things that you can get away with making it your default. But Google still does a few things a lot better like image search. If you don't need that, then bing is fine.

I still rely on a good number of Google stuff, although I was trying to rely on them not as much. I still use YouTube constantly, still use chrome over IE, use gmail over outlook.com, and use google music.

But I have switched to using mostly office when needed, using onedrive instead of Google drive, using one note, and may switch to bing, though I'm not sure.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I think its good enough at most things that you can get away with making it your default. But Google still does a few things a lot better like image search. If you don't need that, then bing is fine.

In my view, this part of this post is the most accurate. Few people who aren't Microsoft fans will say that Bing is better than Google overall. But for the most part Bing is good enough. I have some colleagues who are MS fanboys, and they primarily use Bing out of principle, but yet will turn to Google occasionally when Bing isn't doing the job. And while preferring all things Microsoft, they will be the first to say that Bing doesn't always cut it. They also have Chrome installed, and are quick to use it when IE lets them down.

Let's be objective, folks! No single company excels in everything. I use a mixture of Microsoft, Google, and Apple devices and services. I prefer to use whatever works the best for me in any given situation. And for the most part they all work together seamlessly so I can have the best of both (or rather all 3!) worlds.

I also don't have a lot of patience for using or avoiding a company on principle. Ha, as if any of them are angels (or devils)!

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
In my view, this part of this post is the most accurate. Few people who aren't Microsoft fans will say that Bing is better than Google overall.

Let's be objective, folks! No single company excels in everything. I use a mixture of Microsoft, Google, and Apple devices and services. I prefer to use whatever works the best for me in any given situation. And for the most part they all work together seamlessly so I can have the best of both (or rather all 3!) worlds.

I also don't have a lot of patience for using or avoiding a company on principle. Ha, as if any of them are angels (or devils)!

I've been preferring Bing since before I became a Microsoft fan boy :p Even when I was using Linux I used Bing.

Petar Liovic

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I use bing too becouse i hate google since i switch from android to windows phone. I've used all google products , but now i use only gmail and google+ .

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I use both... I can't figure out why anyone wouldn't use more than 1 search engine.

Cry me a river if you want but then build me bridge to get over it... Posted from my HTC M8

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm all about Bing. I give hats off to Microsoft for getting a search to work well enough that today you can use it exclusively and be comfortable that you will get the results you are looking for. I can't speak for what work is left for MS to do with Bing in countries outside the US. But in the states, I can honestly say, I don't need google search.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Bing is light year behind Google in terms of quality and quantity both.
I tried bing several times and it always disappoint me. It never show the result which i am looking for.
Whenever users say they only use bing for search - I wonder " is that a sarcasm or they really meant it"

Anyway here an example how st**id bing result really are
Try search OnePlus Two (which I am planning to buy)
Google vs. Bing
oneplus two - Google Search.jpg bing.jpg

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
mmmm..

I'm mostly in the Windows System Phone(s), Surface, PC all apart from one Android tablet.

As for the Google>Bing question it has to be Google (sorry guys!) When going the Google vs Bing test it comes up about half and half in the results, but the thing which sways it is Google is WAY better with local results here in the UK.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
When I search Oneplus Two in Bing, it gives me what it looks like in your Google results. Perhaps because I'm in the US, and Bing works better in the US, not sure.

When I used Google for the search, it looked almost just like the search you did in Bing.

Perhaps it is because Google has not amassed any information on me to target my searches, etc., because I haven't really used it in over 5 years. I've been using Bing for quite a while, and Bing and DuckDuckGo both give me better results than Google.

A search engine has to learn you. If you haven't used it, then it won't work well for you until you've used it for a while. It's the nature of the beast.

I get better results with Bing every time, because Bing has gotten to know me. I get terrible results with Google, because Google has not gotten to know me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99