Bing> Google?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I too have started to use Bing.

Bing is lacking the ability to search by date. I.e. I can filter recent searches. I love that feature.

Otherwise it has replaced Google for me.

No Bing Rewards in Canada...sadly...

Mr. V

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
When I search Oneplus Two in Bing, it gives me what it looks like in your Google results. Perhaps because I'm in the US, and Bing works better in the US, not sure.

When I used Google for the search, it looked almost just like the search you did in Bing.

Perhaps it is because Google has not amassed any information on me to target my searches, etc., because I haven't really used it in over 5 years. I've been using Bing for quite a while, and Bing and DuckDuckGo both give me better results than Google.

A search engine has to learn you. If you haven't used it, then it won't work well for you until you've used it for a while. It's the nature of the beast.

I get better results with Bing every time, because Bing has gotten to know me. I get terrible results with Google, because Google has not gotten to know me.

and users complain that Google tracks you. It look like MS do same thing.

Anyway thanks for the info.
I knew it from beginning that MS is US centric company.
More reasons not to use bing if you aren't US citizen and vice -versa.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
and users complain that Google tracks you. It look like MS do same thing.

Anyway thanks for the info.
I knew it from beginning that MS is US centric company.
More reasons not to use bing if you aren't US citizen and vice -versa.

Of course they both track... User complaints are about how aggressive Google is with using that tracking to skew your results to favoring their paid for by advertisers in the stack ranking.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Of course they both track... User complaints are about how aggressive Google is with using that tracking to skew your results to favoring their paid for by advertisers in the stack ranking.

I don't see much ads on Google search.
If you check the screenshot, there are no ads on Google but there are on bing.

Anyway Google is all about ads. I don't mind ads as I am not paying for services.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You misunderstand... Any delving into Google Analytics show how integrating Google Advertising skews you closer to the top regardless of actual page ranking.

If I pay Google you see my site above others that may be more popular or relevant. It may not look like an advert, but it essentially is.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Well, for general searches Bing is just as good as Google.

There are two gripes I have with Bing. It doesn't seem to bring up local searches for me (Pakistan), especially when I'm looking for things that are sold here online, while Google gives me better ".pk" results.

Secondly, for academic purposes, Google gives me links to books and research papers better than Bing does; and this is about 50% of my use case for searches.

Generally Bing is fine, I don't have Google as a search engine on WP. It's mostly on PC when I actually open Google. If MS fixes this, they have me permanently. I don't particularly like visiting Google.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
You misunderstand... Any delving into Google Analytics show how integrating Google Advertising skews you closer to the top regardless of actual page ranking.

If I pay Google you see my site above others that may be more popular or relevant. It may not look like an advert, but it essentially is.

is this a wrong practice?
Google shouldn't do that?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

There are usually 2 or 3 hits at the top that are paid ads, but they're very clearly ads. They're shaded. I automatically skip those. For one thing, our firewall at work blocks ads and those results don't work anyway.

Did you ever try to find stuff on MSDN or PartnerSource or Microsoft's help forums? Google generally does much better at finding results in Microsoft's own sites, especially when it's new. I used to use Bing exclusively at work (we are a Microsoft partner), but after too much frustration I tried Google. It was a night and day difference. It took away half of my work!

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

I am using bing since two weeks now and I find it quite disappointing

First I am very disappointed with Bing aggressive ads, despite Google is ad company I don't really see much ads on Google.
Thing I like that Google care about user experience but Bing doesn't look like that. They are much more focused on earning than user experience.

Here an example
bing ads.jpg Google ads.jpg

Second thing Google give you straight answer what you are looking for unlike bing.
Bing less features.jpg Google best results.jpg

It is still very hard to believe that users believe bing offer superior result than Google. or t might be in just my country.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
First I am very disappointed with Bing aggressive ads, despite Google is ad company I don't really see much ads on Google.
In your example, there's no more ads in Bing than on Google.
But there's no account signed into either example.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
In your example, there's no more ads in Bing than on Google.
But there's no account signed into either example.

Sir, look closely there is a word written in Bing search called "Ads".
Which is covering almost full screen.

and why on earth I would post a screen shot with signed A/c.
FYI, I am a very private user.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My point is not the ones labeled as "ad" but the fact that Google gives preference on results to those who use analytics. Pure and simple - if I allow Google to crawl all over my traffic my site will rise nearer to the top than another site with more traffic or more relevant information based on search tag request. In other words Google will choose their own interests in preference to your stated desire when throughputting a search request.

Please don't quote me as a basis to make a post and then ignore what is stated in the quote. That is useless.

You have your opinion, I have mine. You won't be swayed from yours. Groovy. I'm sticking to mine no matter what you post here.

Thanks and have a great day.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Google has a better experience on the iPhone. Especially when looking up a local restaurant. It does what bing local does on windows phone 7 ( I think it went away in WP8) I use both Google and bing on windows, I still find that Google has better search results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lbeezy2188

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Google has a better experience on the iPhone. Especially when looking up a local restaurant. It does what bing local does on windows phone 7 ( I think it went away in WP8) I use both Google and bing on windows, I still find that Google has better search results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local is still in search results when you use Cortana ( Powered by Bing). Btw Siri is powered by Bing as well. I'll give google this their map is better imo than bing

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Not on iPhone, but searching "Restaurants near me" (top autocomplete for both Search button or Google web page on my WinPhone) gives me:
* 6 results on Google, closest 2 miles away.
* 9 results Bing, including the two that are 6 blocks away that Google missed (both national chains also). And yes, there is a Local tab in the WinPhone search results.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I am very sorry if you feel offended by quote your comment.

You mentioned some your problem with Google
and I mentioned my problem with bing and the reason why don't i use bing. That's all.

spideymaniac

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Nope, the only thing i still use and quite like from Google, is its web search, although i use most of MS products, like Lumia phones, Outlook, etc etc but not Bing no, i didn't say i never use Bing though, i've tried several years ago, didn't like it, i tried a few days ago, still don't like, the only time i use Bing that i quite like it is from Cortana, that's it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos