04-12-2015 12:10 PM
98 123 ...
tools
    So I was a sole Google user my whole life, but I really got into the Microsoft ecosystem and I love how everything is so tightly woven together with Windows, Windows phone, Cortana, Bing translation, Maps ect. But there was one thing I had never tried that I thought MIGHT be the key piece to bring EVERYTHING together. Bing. Yes I know, but I was willing to give it a shot so I did for a month.... No Google at all.... And to be honest it really was..... GREAT. Love the UI, integration with other MS services and the search results were ALMOST as good. Yeah im surprised and was wondering if you guys had the same results.
    Guytronic, hotphil, EBUK and 6 others like this.
    02-17-2015 05:29 PM
    Been using Bing since the search engine was first released. Since I'm also heavily into the Microsoft ecosystem, I don't believe I will ever use Google as a primary unless its the only option available. Bing Rewards has also been fantastic since Bing search is built into the phone with Cortana, and syncs effortlessly with my searches on the desktop browser.
    02-17-2015 05:41 PM
    I prefer the UI and find the search engines does a much better job of giving you what you're looking for straight away. Google's a celebrity or a law of physics and you'll get a much nicer experience than Google.
    02-17-2015 05:44 PM
    Bing is a lot better than people give it credit for. I won't say it's better or worse than Google search, but the image search of Google is; admittedly, much better.

Unless I'm missing something, I still can't put in a resolution based image search into Bing.
    EBUK, Gautam Kabiraj and m3tv like this.
    02-17-2015 05:45 PM
    I prefer the UI and find the search engines does a much better job of giving you what you're looking for straight away. Google's a celebrity or a law of physics and you'll get a much nicer experience than Google.
    100% Agree, love the UI and integration. I can say im now a permanent Bing user , a big plus was i also earned a 5$ gift card from them using Bing rewards. All i did was use the search engine and its now money earned ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Nicholas Maguire likes this.
    02-17-2015 05:50 PM
    Bing is a lot better than people give it credit for. I won't say it's better or worse than Google search, but the image search of Google is; admittedly, much better.

Unless I'm missing something, I still can't put in a resolution based image search into Bing.
    I can say with personal experience, that the Google and Bing Image searches are nearly identical. I give google the SLIGHT edge because of the resolution filter but there's a similar feature with bing. However, with video, google gets absolutely blown out of the water
    02-17-2015 05:56 PM
    Been using Bing since the search engine was first released. Since I'm also heavily into the Microsoft ecosystem, I don't believe I will ever use Google as a primary unless its the only option available. Bing Rewards has also been fantastic since Bing search is built into the phone with Cortana, and syncs effortlessly with my searches on the desktop browser.
    I've used the Google, Apple and Microsoft ecosystem now. And I must say, im so glad I stuck with MS and Windows! The integration between phone and desktop with Cortana in Windows 10 is amazing and the bing integration for me hooked. I'm loving every bit of it and it seems like a no brainer now! Bing rewards is also a big plus, earned 5$ already ๐Ÿ˜Š
    02-17-2015 05:59 PM
    I can say with personal experience, that the Google and Bing Image searches are nearly identical. I give google the SLIGHT edge because of the resolution filter but there's a similar feature with bing. However, with video, google gets absolutely blown out of the water
    Bing has more relevant results than google, I am very glad I dropped google in favor of bing years ago.
    m3tv likes this.
    02-17-2015 06:25 PM
    I first tried out bing after doing the "bing vs google" challenge site that Microsoft set up. I chose bing I think 4 out of 5 times. Then I starting using bing rewards and had no reason to go back to google.
    I don't think I've paid full price for a book on amazon in a year. Just rack up rewards points while I'm reading a book and by the time I am finished I have another $5 gift card ready.
    m3tv likes this.
    02-17-2015 06:27 PM
    Bing has more relevant results than google, I am very glad I dropped google in favor of bing years ago.
    Wish I made the decision sooner haha
    02-17-2015 06:41 PM
    I first tried out bing after doing the "bing vs google" challenge site that Microsoft set up. I chose bing I think 4 out of 5 times. Then I starting using bing rewards and had no reason to go back to google.
    I don't think I've paid full price for a book on amazon in a year. Just rack up rewards points while I'm reading a book and by the time I am finished I have another $5 gift card ready.
    Bing rewards really is a big perk, already earned a 5$ Amazon Gift card in my first month! Only ties I have to google at this point is Gmail and im not sure if I should move to outlook, than again I didn't think I'd use Bing..
    02-17-2015 06:43 PM
    I've used Bing for two years now and I love it wayyyy more than Google. I've earned over $50 now using Bing Rewards, and I love the UI of Bing a lot more. Bing gives me more stuff up front, like the specs of a phone or the lyrics to a song.
    m3tv likes this.
    02-17-2015 06:44 PM
    I've used Bing for two years now and I love it wayyyy more than Google. I've earned over $50 now using Bing Rewards, and I love the UI of Bing a lot more. Bing gives me more stuff up front, like the specs of a phone or the lyrics to a song.
    100% agree, especially as a graphics designer. I focus on UI a lot and the Bing UI is far superior to Google's. Search simplicity as well, you get a lot more up front answers. Lyrics? Yup Sports Teams/Schedules/Scores? Sure Info on a website? Definitely Synonyms, Definitions ect.? Yeah
    Helps me get my info faster and that's why I love it. Bing Rewards is a huge thing too haha
    02-17-2015 06:49 PM
    I frankly don't remember when I last used Google. It sure has been years. I like Bing. Not because it is Microsoft or better or worse than Google. I like it because I just find the stuff I'm searching for and shows me some news on the start screen. Bing rewards is the icing on the cake.
    Nicholas Maguire and m3tv like this.
    02-17-2015 06:50 PM
    Sometimes.

You could say that bing is on par here in US, but worldwide.. no.. not even close I don't think
    Alfa Kapa and m3tv like this.
    02-17-2015 07:33 PM
    I frankly don't remember when I last used Google. It sure has been years. I like Bing. Not because it is Microsoft or better or worse than Google. I like it because I just find the stuff I'm searching for and shows me some news on the start screen. Bing rewards is the icing on the cake.
    Fair point, Bing rewards is great!
    02-17-2015 07:36 PM
    Don't remember the last time I've used Google.
    m3tv likes this.
    02-17-2015 07:40 PM
    Don't remember the last time I've used Google.
    Wish I could say the same thing
    02-17-2015 07:57 PM
    Sometimes.

You could say that bing is on par here in US, but worldwide.. no.. not even close I don't think
    I use Bing here in india since the past year. It works as good as google and sometimes even better.
    02-17-2015 07:57 PM
    I have not used google in so long, I don't even remember what it was like. Bing is awesome. People who hate it are just being unreasonable because they are brainwashed by the marketing company called google.
    02-17-2015 08:21 PM
    I use Bing on phone, and Google on PC. Convenience.
    m3tv and 0000alex0000 like this.
    02-17-2015 08:38 PM
    I was a lifetime Google user but switched to Bing a year ago. I do a lot of technical searches. Occasionally I resort to trying Google when I cannot find an answer in Bing but rarely does Google help even then. So to me Bing is as effective or better than Google these days.
    m3tv likes this.
    02-17-2015 08:45 PM
    I have not used google in so long, I don't even remember what it was like. Bing is awesome. People who hate it are just being unreasonable because they are brainwashed by the marketing company called google.
    I am pretty sure that in some point in time, we used google in the past; Then I used a different search engine, altavista I think it was called... Which yahoo owns now. Something about bing just makes me feel like you just arrived home from a boring hotel that you stayed in, and that boring hotel was google.
    02-17-2015 09:21 PM
    I use Bing on phone, and Google on PC. Convenience.
    You know you can use Bing on PC just as conveniently?
    nohra and m3tv like this.
    02-17-2015 09:30 PM
    Bing for me. Love the weather, movie and search results. Google is nice, but I stopped using it since I've gotten Windows Phone.
    m3tv likes this.
    02-17-2015 10:18 PM
98 123 ...