Lumia Denim has released in India yesterday, but I have not got it by now. What to do?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you are a pfd user you already got denim

No, this isn't correct. You'll have the Operating System component, but the firmware is Denim.

DfP = Operating System
Denim = Firmware

For normal users, both will be installed at the same time. DfP users get one before the other.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
No, this isn't correct. You'll have the Operating System component, but the firmware is Denim.

DfP = Operating System
Denim = Firmware

For normal users, both will be installed at the same time. DfP users get one before the other.

Not true, all models except 1520,930,830,73x and 63x
Denim brings no firmware changes and is identical to cyan so for the users on pfd it is identical in every which way to Denim.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you're confusing the issue here.

Customers will still get the Denim firmware, regardless of whether there is hardware to support the major Denim features.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
But if the user is already on denim via pfd then he will not get the update because for other models it is just the Denim = OS update but for 1520,930,830... It is Denim = Firmware + OS update...

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I don't believe that Denim is available through the PFD app. If you uncheck your PFD and check, I think you will find you still have Cyan. It's a well known issue.

Denim may or may not carry OS update but the true reason for Denim is firmware update. If you don't have one of the fully supported Denim phones, you will still get the firmware update but just not all the benefits that the 1520, 930 and ICON gets.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe that Denim is available through the PFD app. If you uncheck your PFD and check, I think you will find you still have Cyan. It's a well known issue.

Denim may or may not carry OS update but the true reason for Denim is firmware update. If you don't have one of the fully supported Denim phones, you will still get the firmware update but just not all the benefits that the 1520, 930 and ICON gets.

No IMO the true reason for Denim is support for the new OS update i.e driver updates

Sumesh Thomas

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
My 925 updated to Denim yesterday after I turned PFD off. The update didn't ask for consent as it normally does, but when I updated the extras& info and checked it today morning, it showed Lumia Denim.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I think you're confusing the issue here.

Customers will still get the Denim firmware, regardless of whether there is hardware to support the major Denim features.

No, feel free to check Nokia site. Or in fact anyone who updated from cyan to denim on a x20 model other than 1520 will tell u that firmware before denim is identical to firmware after denim.
Truth is denim never had any new firmware for these devices and only contained WP 8.1.1 update which was already available through pfd. This is also the reason why when unchecked from preview after hitting a certain OS version extras+ info will start showing as denim since its identical to official denim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre