Windows Phone email 2 step authentication

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I've 2fa on all my accounts that support it.
I don't recall having to use an app password or do anything extra for win phone though.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have, there was some unauthorized login's I had dealt with before 2 step authentication; microsoft did a great job at letting me know that this was happening. For windows phone microsoft have a app authentication for randomly generated number, this app can work on or offline. It has been pretty good so far.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have, there was some unauthorized login's I had dealt with before 2 step authentication; microsoft did a great job at letting me know that this was happening. For windows phone microsoft have a app authentication for randomly generated number, this app can work on or offline. It has been pretty good so far.
Yeah, this is what happened to me last night. I was testing some email utilities on my work phone (android) and I got an email on my WP about my account being accessed. Then it setup the 2 step. I have to say, I rather like the minor inconvenience.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, this is what happened to me last night. I was testing some email utilities on my work phone (android) and I got an email on my WP about my account being accessed. Then it setup the 2 step. I have to say, I rather like the minor inconvenience.

Did you have your outlook/hotmail account synced with your work phone?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Did you have your outlook/hotmail account synced with your work phone?

Yes it is. What I think triggered the response was me trying different email clients on my android. Key in the password incorrectly a few times and security was triggered.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Then it setup the 2 step. I have to say, I rather like the minor inconvenience.

Do you use the Microsoft account app for 2FA on your work phone? Like Microsoft's other Android apps, it's absolutely brilliant! You don't even have to enter a code.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Do you use the Microsoft account app for 2FA on your work phone? Like Microsoft's other Android apps, it's absolutely brilliant! You don't even have to enter a code.

If you're talking about the authenticator app then google has there version of one, I am not sure if the microsoft version is available on android's app ecosystem. I don't believe it matter on which one to use, they both work regardless.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If you're talking about the authenticator app then google has there version of one, I am not sure if the microsoft version is available on android's app ecosystem. I don't believe it matter on which one to use, they both work regardless.

No it's not the authenticator app. I'm talking about Microsoft's Android app called "Microsoft account." It uses an Approve button instead of a code. Here are the screenshots in the Play Store listing:

Capture.JPG

It's another example of Microsoft's support of other platforms over their own. Maybe the WP OS doesn't support it, IDK.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3