Is zune back?!

Dhruvansh Soni

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I opened the Zune app on my PC today for music (cos its better than Xbox music in every way) and it showed me something like "There have been some changes, restart the app to see" so I restarted and then it showed me the stuff it never does like marketplace, social and options to sign in (Which doesn't work for me). Soooo why? Is Zune back? I'm in India If that makes a difference. Screenshot (17).png

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
They had disappeared a long long time ago for me.
I'm in Minnesota USA and I use the great and amazing ZUNE desktop media playing software most everyday.

I have always been able to login to my ZUNE (now Xbox) account, but for me, Microsoft removed social long ago too. My "Marketplace" screen only shows "picks", "music", and "podcasts".

Incidentally, I listen to many many podcasts, all auto downloaded and tracked. ZUNE also syncs with my ZUNE (Xbox) account and shows all the HD TV and movies I've purchased on my Xbox 360 too. I have watched a few again on my SurfacePro2 using the ZUNE software.

Most people don't know about this great software and that it is still available as a free download. It was written so well, that it is still amazing even after Microsoft removed a few features like social. It is beautiful.

I hope your discovery means features may return.

Draconica5

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Maybe MS will make Zune become Xbox Music for Windows 7 & Mac in the future?
Since Windows 7 & Mac don't have any Xbox brand services, so that's really possible.

Dhruvansh Soni

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Minnesota USA and I use the great and amazing ZUNE desktop media playing software most everyday.

I have always been able to login to my ZUNE (now Xbox) account, but for me, Microsoft removed social long ago too. My "Marketplace" screen only shows "picks", "music", and "podcasts".

Incidentally, I listen to many many podcasts, all auto downloaded and tracked. ZUNE also syncs with my ZUNE (Xbox) account and shows all the HD TV and movies I've purchased on my Xbox 360 too. I have watched a few again on my SurfacePro2 using the ZUNE software.

Most people don't know about this great software and that it is still available as a free download. It was written so well, that it is still amazing even after Microsoft removed a few features like social. It is beautiful.

I hope your discovery means features may return.

Yeah... well maybe because I'm in India?

ianberg

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Canada. I sync podcasts, music, video and photos to and from Windows Phone 7 on my Lumia with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Technical Preview 2 on laptops almost every day. Its seamless, I still rarely use iTunes and Xbox.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Ianberg,
I can make it rain. Just kidding.

May I ask, what, exactly you do to sync? I'm interested. Are you saying you use ZUNE?

Best wishes.

phMoschetta

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Zune software was in many ways much better than Windows Media Player, Media Center and other Microsoft software by the time it was active. I really miss my Zune 80. It was a piece of art.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Zune software was in many ways much better than Windows Media Player, Media Center and other Microsoft software by the time it was active. I really miss my Zune 80. It was a piece of art.

Windows Media Center is still available and is still the ONLY TV DVR that replaces the (cost) of the cable tv set top box AND CAN record DRM protected tv and movies, (HBO, ...). Plus it is still the only solution that can reply that content throughout the house on other TVs connected to Xbox360 extenders. See www.ceton.com.

ZUNE is amazing and great, but is different purpose than the also great and amazing Windows Media Center.

Both desktop PC software's are available from Microsoft. ZUNE is free and syncs with the XBOX MUSIC AND XBOX VIDEO services.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes