vodaphone still doesnt have a windows app, but i see ee and o2 there.

jason hendry1

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
For a huge company that sells mobile phone from windows im amazed that they don't support the platform with a my vodaphone app, I see their competitors have already got offerings on the app store which is great to see. Can any developer tell me how hard it is to make a app to show our data minutes and text record? Is it a hard and long process or is it incredibly expensive for a company like vodaphone to do?

Would love to here other people thought on it.

quotethepigeon

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
In the UK we don't have one . It's been discussed on the Vodafone forums several times. They're just not interested unless it's apple or android unfortunately

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
In the UK, Vodafone only pre-install Discover on their ROM's. I'm sure Vodafone will get round to it eventually...
Just keep pestering Vodafone...

I know GiffGaff only had an official app for iOS & Android, when a third-party developer created a Windows Phone version. Now GG have made it the official app by giving it access to their API as opposed to having to screen-scrape...

G.

jason hendry1

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
yeh but im fear buy the time they get around to this id have moved suppliers anyway lol. Defo be asking more questions in future when joining a service provider that doesn't provide a service lol. If id have known in advance id have gone ee lol they got a app and its not bad. O2 also have a very good app. is o2 and ee biger than vodaphone or do they just care more lol.

Last edited:

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
This is something I've been pushing them for since WP7. It's a disgrace that they still have not produced the goods; especially when other branches of Vodafone have versions of the app. Even Vodafone Egypt has one!

They're also very fond of telling WP customers that they can access their usage info on the My Account page of their website; which isn't accessible from a Windows Phone. I have no idea what they think they're playing at; but in three months they're losing my custom for good.

If you want to add your voice, then the My Vodafone App thread is here and the thread about the My Account web portal is here.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
That's shocking. I don't rate Vodafone in general, their signal is minimal and prices shockingly high, but even Tesco mobile a tiny virtual network have a great windows phone app!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon