03-01-2015 07:53 AM
80 ... 234
tools
    Microsoft made too many mistakes and now they're in big trouble, not only in mobile, but also in many of their key businesses like Windows, Office and Cloud.
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    02-28-2015 01:22 PM
    Windows Phone is already relevant so so much for that bit of BS.
    02-28-2015 02:11 PM
    I'm sure spoken by a iSheep or Android fanboi but, there are some facts on there...

Windows Phone has no shot at ever being relevant | BGR

A quote...
    We hardly knew ye, Windows Phone. And I mean that literally almost none of us knew Windows Phone: The latest smartphone numbers from IDC are out and they show that Windows Phone has continued to lose market share over the past year even though it never had a strong market share to begin with. Overall, IDC found that Windows Phones total shipments had the smallest year-over-year increase among the leading operating systems growing just 4.2%, well below the overall market. The platforms overall market share declined from an already tiny 3.3% in 2013 to an even more dismal 2.7% in 2014.

Down again, showing big companies pulling their apps and why a lot of other apps we never see, or chances are WILL never see.

Anyone else see this ? WTF ?
    I regularly read that site. Brad Reed is an ***** and a hater who will take any chance he gets to bash Windows Phone and Microsoft as a whole. Nobody takes him seriously. That site is mostly filled with fanboys indeed and there are maybe two or three intelligent writers up there - maybe - and Brad certainly isn't one of them.
    HeyCori likes this.
    02-28-2015 02:43 PM
    *sigh* The curse Apple and Google have placed on us all, fine tuning our brains to believe that the short term matters most.

Windows 10 Is Dead on Mobile? Not So Fast.

....Im just gonna leave this here.

EDIT-Im having a blast reading all the people posting in this thread who just KNOW that WP is dead, that its never gonna over come the app gap, that iOS and Android dominance is forever, that WPs future can be determined for certain on one kind of report, just like they knew from last years one kind of report. Give the article I've posted a good read. See if it doesn't shake up some memories in some of you.
    Has nothing to do with the short term but rather with keeping pace, you got to appease the users, you know, the ones that have the most impact on whether you fail or succeed.

I for one do not think WP will die but do believe it won't have the presence where it'll be considered a top player, remember BB, yes they are still kicking but by no means are they sitting on a pedestal as they once were, their downfall was relying on hope and not substance, when the substance did arrive it was too little too late. MS appears to have once again turned to the development stage which is all fine and dandy but at some point they have to deliver the straight goods, as a user, I want a device that is complete before we move onto another level and think the WP of today fall short in that respect. You can't tell me the latest Denim rollout has been a thing of beauty, me having a WP (rm-985) that is still waiting 4 months later for features that it supposedly was touted as having on its release, doing crap like this does little to solidify user confidence towards WP & MS.

WP10 progression will be something to watch and think it will be a good gauge as to whether MS is on the right path, if the transition is too long and drawn out they will just crash and burn, move and move quickly, a home run is what they need period.
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    02-28-2015 04:10 PM
    So u lived in a dark box for last few months ? If WP is dead than why the hell would microsoft invest that much money in windows 10 ? The bridge that will connect phones/tablets/laptops/desktops ? And first of all in some contries people started using wp just 1-2 years ago. In Romania for example i see more and more people that buy WP , sure this is a small country not even 20 million people but u need to give it time to grow.
    And second if WP will die in 3 years , why HTC, LG , ACER, KAZAM and many other small companies
    luisfarelo and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-01-2015 07:53 AM
80 ... 234