03-08-2015 01:58 PM
168 12345 ...
tools
    Give Vimeo some attention when you are looking at videos. Just a thought. I do.
    Here is the problem with Vimeo: users must disable privacy protection for searching and then Google Analytics is crawling all over them. I can't find the Wikipedia citation I was looking at when researching who to have host my video post Google. Sorry for no link.

Try out dailymotion also.
    I went Dailymotion as I can't find any Google linkage there.

I'm switching from Chrome to Spartan the second it releases. I'm growing more and more distasteful of Google over time. I absolutely love Bing and am very glad I switched, but I've been using Chrome for years and it's just too much hassle to move over to IE or FF. Can't wait for Spartan so I can get away from Google.
    I killed Chrome the moment I made this decision. I'm on IE because the newest Opera won't let you choose Bing as a search default. I'm not giving up my Bing Rewards. Firefox is heavily subsidized by Google. Iron would not import my Chrome data!!!

C'mon Spartan. I need ya, baby.

Guys, is it possible to change my MS account mail from Gmail to Outlook? I made a fatal mistake when bought my first WP... Registered with gmail. Now I have a bunch of apps I bought that I wouldn't wanna lose by changing acc to outlook.
    Go to your Microsoft Account on your PC browser. Add an Outlook.com account and make it primary. Wait 24 hours and delete the Gmail. It takes about 48 hours total for all the Microsoft servers to make the change and it then shows everywhere. You do not lose data or App ownership.

Minor glitch. I can't get Skype to stop reporting to Gmail and it won't take my new password. I'll get around to calling Customer Care to hammer this out. Another user reported a problem merging Xbox gamer tags. He stated Customer Care fixed it for him, if I remember correctly.

Guys, you CAN switch the email your Microsoft Account attaches to. It just takes a bit of patience and time. No alias, no Gmail forward to your outlook. Just switch.
    02-27-2015 02:49 PM
    When I made the decision to rid myself of Google services, it also took away the opportunity to have a BlackBerry 10 device. Sure, there are some native apps available but the ones I need are ported Android apps. No way, no how. I'm not the type to write "letters to the editor" or start online petitions (those that do, bless your hearts). I take a different approach, I just buzz off without a trace. If they reach out to me, then I'll have the chance to let somebody have it. If they don't reach out for feedback, eff 'em, they never valued my business anyway.
    RumoredNow and Kevin Rush like this.
    02-27-2015 03:04 PM
    Here is the problem with Vimeo: users must disable privacy protection for searching and then Google Analytics is crawling all over them. I can't find the Wikipedia citation I was looking at when researching who to have host my video post Google. Sorry for no link.

I went Dailymotion as I can't find any Google linkage there.

I killed Chrome the moment I made this decision. I'm on IE because the newest Opera won't let you choose Bing as a search default. I'm not giving up my Bing Rewards. Firefox is heavily subsidized by Google. Iron would not import my Chrome data!!!

C'mon Spartan. I need ya, baby.

Go to your Microsoft Account on your PC browser. Add an Outlook.com account and make it primary. Wait 24 hours and delete the Gmail. It takes about 48 hours total for all the Microsoft servers to make the change and it then shows everywhere. You do not lose data or App ownership.

Minor glitch. I can't get Skype to stop reporting to Gmail and it won't take my new password. I'll get around to calling Customer Care to hammer this out. Another user reported a problem merging Xbox gamer tags. He stated Customer Care fixed it for him, if I remember correctly.

Guys, you CAN switch the email your Microsoft Account attaches to. It just takes a bit of patience and time. No alias, no Gmail forward to your outlook. Just switch.
    Isn't Firefox now with yahoo which is with Bing?
    Laura Knotek, S T1 and Kevin Rush like this.
    02-27-2015 06:44 PM
    Isn't Firefox now with yahoo which is with Bing?
    I thought Yahoo ended its relationship with Bing a year or so ago.
    02-27-2015 06:50 PM
    Hmmm... I guess they did get off the Google teat after all. Firefox ditches Google and makes Yahoo its default search engine - GeekWire

Looks like Microsoft has no appreciable interest in Yahoo. YHOO Major Holders | Yahoo! Inc. Stock - Yahoo! Finance

I might have to take a fresh look at Firefox then. I tried White Hat's Aviator today and found that lacking.
    02-27-2015 07:45 PM
    Well, I don't see anything great about google services. some people might just like I see Microsoft services to be great. but I really roll my eyes when I see so much adquisitions and then "no more for Windows phones" at least Waze got an update some of these days, I don't use it myself but if someone uses it it should be good.

The only service I use from time to time it is YouTube. but I don't use it because I want it is becuase many videos from 3d products I like are uploaded there. of course whenever they upload to Vimeo, which is used alot by 3d artista and companies, I run there as fast as I can, it loads faster and to me it looks better while not buffering it like crazy.
    But when I can I copy YouTube video address and just paste it into PotPlayer, so I don't touch google ads or anything and I don't have to deal with the way it plays.

But yeah, I stopped using gmail because I got many spam email, like 100 daily. and that was before Windows Phone was released, and everytime I see how things work on their services like google docs and stuff or gdrive... I really don't understand why people would choose them apart from "Microsoft sucks" some people I know uses.

I must admit I use google search sometimes when I am really desperate to find something, and bing doesn't find it or I want more answers to my question. but not often, just couple times a month. while I use Bing for most searches and stuff. and i am not from US so people can't say anything about "It is only good for US". it works great here, and I can change it to US bing whenever i need it. not like I die for 3 clicks I have to make.
    Laura Knotek, Avi Anand and Zig87 like this.
    02-27-2015 07:53 PM
    Hmmm... I guess they did get off the Google teat after all. Firefox ditches Google and makes Yahoo its default search engine - GeekWire

Looks like Microsoft has no appreciable interest in Yahoo. YHOO Major Holders | Yahoo! Inc. Stock - Yahoo! Finance

I might have to take a fresh look at Firefox then. I tried White Hat's Aviator today and found that lacking.
    Holy freaking s**t, you wrote all those words, in the earlier comment and I took my time, thinking you had something legitimate to say, and I read that endless comment.

Now you admit to being wrong? I do appreciate the honesty, but ...

Wow, YOU and I, wasted my time.
    02-27-2015 10:15 PM
    Holy freaking s**t, you wrote all those words, in the earlier comment and I took my time, thinking you had something legitimate to say, and I read that endless comment.

Now you admit to being wrong? I do appreciate the honesty, but ...

Wow, YOU and I, wasted my time.
    Sorry... Last I saw in an interview Firefox was saying how committed they were to Google. Guess that was a negotiating tactic.
    02-27-2015 10:32 PM
    I use Firefox but have Bing as my default search engine, not Yahoo or Google.
    screenshot-273-.png
    02-27-2015 10:51 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (273).png 
Views:	28 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	98510
    Me too.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2015 11:00 PM
    I signed - but you should update your petition to say Windows 8.1, and Windows Phone, considering its both of which Google has failed to support. Why should consumers suffer because of Google and Microsoft's petty BS war to see who's Dl(k is bigger.
    I'll update it :)
    02-28-2015 06:13 AM
    Google isn't very smart. Between them and Apple they have 96% of the world mobile market. Windows phone has 3+%. What harm would it be for Google to put all of its products on Windows phone? Microsoft on the other hand is pretty smart by making their products available to Google and iOS.

​I don't see Microsoft making a big dent in the mobile market but it sure would be nice if they could do something to at least get into double digits. They really need to get programmers on board first. Then people will follow
    02-28-2015 07:28 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (273).png 
Views:	28 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	98510
    It was more a point of not supporting that revenue stream from Google to Firefox, rather than not being able to change default search engine. But it is a moot point now as they have ended their dependence on Google.

Opera 27 on the other hand... I jumped through several hoops and could not get Bing to default search status. They really crippled it good.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-28-2015 09:15 AM
    Google isn't very smart. Between them and Apple they have 96% of the world mobile market. Windows phone has 3+%. What harm would it be for Google to put all of its products on Windows phone? Microsoft on the other hand is pretty smart by making their products available to Google and iOS.

​I don't see Microsoft making a big dent in the mobile market but it sure would be nice if they could do something to at least get into double digits. They really need to get programmers on board first. Then people will follow
    In some countries WP is already in double digits for market share, it's mostly America that seems to be dragging market share down to that 3+% worldwide. That's mainly due to the Goog-pple duopoly that exists in America.
    RumoredNow and Kevin Rush like this.
    02-28-2015 09:16 AM
    It isn't hard. Bing rewards helps. Plus I feel that Android is just a device they give away for free so they can make money on the back end. I realize that everyone is doing that, but I feel as though Google does not have an actual product or service to sell me.

It started with Photos. I didn't like the fact it was tied into Google +. Plus Google kept losing my videos. I never had that problem with OneDrive.

It ends with the bloat on Android that I have to root to uninstall. I didn't want AOSP. I didn't want a Nexus. Give me an LG or Samsung for $50 without the spam. It wouldn't be a lot to ask for, but the Android business model requires so many subsidies for poor people to get a phone it is disturbing. Why should I pay a few hundred for the privilege of a clean install?
    02-28-2015 09:37 AM
    I absolutely hate Google. However, I use Google Play Music and YouTube. So I won't be deleting my account. But I signed the petition.
    02-28-2015 10:17 AM
    Softcard, as an app, is disappearing on all platforms.
    02-28-2015 06:56 PM
    LOVE Bing, and Bing Rewards. I had over 14,000 points at one time, but I redeem them for very cool FREE stuff they offer. Now I have 7,000. In addition, every time I do a search, its about 99% accurate on Bing, compare to only 75% on Google. I just don't understand why ppl like Google so much. It does not matter what I search, BING WINS EVERY TIME. I even do a LONG SEARCH, and I still get way better results with BING. I don't get it.
    02-28-2015 08:38 PM
    I totally agree. Android is free, so Google can monitor everything ppl do on it including listening to ppl's conversations(not sure if you knew that), so they gather anything you are interested in, so they can sell you ads, and sell those infos to 3rd parties for $$$$$. NOTHING google offers is free. We pay for it one way or another.

Bing rewards ROCKS. Also, Bing is 99% accurate compare to 79% on Google, every time I do a search. for Exp: If you search """apple is the mark of the beast" on both google and Bing, you will get better results. that's just a simple expl. I do all kind of automotive, electronics, News, other countries News,....... and Bing still wins BIG, and every time, and I LOVE my Bing Rewards. I had 14,000 points, now 7,000 as I redeemed for cool free stuff.
    02-28-2015 09:02 PM
    its about 99% accurate on Bing, compare to only 75% on Google.
    Also, Bing is 99% accurate compare to 79% on Google
    You gotta hand it to Google though; it is improving!
    marratj likes this.
    02-28-2015 09:42 PM
    I've been a Google member since July 2010, and following the latest news that Google are stopping Softcard for Windows Phone, I have terminated my Google account, uninstalled Google Chrome and stopped using all Google's services (with the exception of YouTube).

I'll be using Bing services from now on (Cortana!) and using Mozilla Firefox, and just because I can, sign this petition I made :)

https://www.change.org/p/google-stop...-phone-users-2
    A better solution would've been to stop using WP instead.
    03-01-2015 11:50 AM
    If you don't mind Google tracking everything you do and then selling that information to everyone under the sun, and you don't mind using a vastly inferior phone operating system, then you are certainly correct.
    Kevin Rush and RumoredNow like this.
    03-01-2015 11:59 AM
    Why would that be a better solution, how about giving some reasons why someone who has terminated their Google account and are not using Google services except YouTube would be better off not using WP?
    03-01-2015 12:56 PM
    If you don't mind Google tracking everything you do and then selling that information to everyone under the sun, and you don't mind using a vastly inferior phone operating system, then you are certainly correct.
    Not at all. I'd much rather get served ads about stuff for my truck, my quad, my home reno stuff, which helps me find a lot of parts and products i need. I enjoy having the interests I search for and places I go ending up reflected in my Google Now and Maps. I also order a lot of stuff online with gmail and get shipping updates about my orders.

However...

I'm not one of those people who think Eric Schmidt and the NSA are in a dimly lit room together somewhere in their underwear spanking themselves over the fog lights I just ordered for my truck though... 😏

SamJHannan likes this.
    03-01-2015 02:39 PM
    Me too. Tell me, how does one close one's google account?
    It's fairly easy. Poke around your deeper account settings - shouldn't be too hard to find.
    Google Takeout is a nice gesture of farewell.
    03-01-2015 08:16 PM
168 12345 ...