Bye Bye, Google

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been a Google member since July 2010, and following the latest news that Google are stopping Softcard for Windows Phone, I have terminated my Google account, uninstalled Google Chrome and stopped using all Google's services (with the exception of YouTube).

I'll be using Bing services from now on (Cortana!) and using Mozilla Firefox, and just because I can, sign this petition I made :)

https://www.change.org/p/google-stop-discriminating-windows-phone-users-2

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've grown exceeding tired of Google's feelings of entitlement. They want to be a component of each and every persons online activity no matter what that activity is.

It would be nice if the genie could be returned to the bottle.

What a bitter disappointment from the open source freedom of the web for all beginnings they had.

I too have cut Google out of my life as far as I am able to. And I continue to look for ways to cut them out of any of my data. My purpose for existence is not to feed Google money and have my life choices turned into marketing opportunities.

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I have also stopped using all Google services, with the exception of YouTube and Google Chat (unfortunately, most my friends are on Gmail since the school district forces everybody to make one, getting them stuck in the Google trap while they are young).

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Same here. I strongly dislike Google and their way of doing business. Other than occasionally watching a Youtube video, I'm Google free. They provide nothing to me that I can't get from Microsoft or another company.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Google is getting sicker day by day. Looks like their primary focus is currently on killing Windows Phone and just nothing else. All such acts are pretty childish imho.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I stopped using googles services sometime ago, nothing positive was done using their services. They do not seem to comprehend that, and I doubt they are too hardheaded to learn.

t.mehoves

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I gave up on Google except for YouTube months ago. The problem with giving up YouTube, is not being able to watch 99% of posted video's.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been Google free for awhile now and haven't looked back since.

Shame can't cut out Youtube since Windows Central, Microsoft, Phone reviews, hands-on videos on various tech etc are always posted on youtube and not on other services like Vimeo or Daily Motion. I get my music fix from MixRadio, apart from that I hardly use Youtube at all.

(as I read this back, I sound like an addict speaking in a self help group LOL! )

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Just a thought!
If google is making money out of adsense obviously they need people to click the ads or it generates nothing for the business that is using their service.
Why dont we try out something different. Instead of stopping use of all google services. Why dont we use the services and abandon adsense.
Eventually google might wake up to the fact that they dont have the user base as everyone is quitting so they might make a change, on the other hand if we were to not quit using google services and let them believe that they are still strong and running but stop using adsense or anything that can get them to their knees they are likely to be in a position where they cant even make amends.

I might be wrong here I dont know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers