03-08-2015 01:58 PM
168 123 ...
tools
    I've been a Google member since July 2010, and following the latest news that Google are stopping Softcard for Windows Phone, I have terminated my Google account, uninstalled Google Chrome and stopped using all Google's services (with the exception of YouTube).

I'll be using Bing services from now on (Cortana!) and using Mozilla Firefox, and just because I can, sign this petition I made :)

https://www.change.org/p/google-stop...-phone-users-2
    02-25-2015 01:00 PM
    I've grown exceeding tired of Google's feelings of entitlement. They want to be a component of each and every persons online activity no matter what that activity is.

It would be nice if the genie could be returned to the bottle.

What a bitter disappointment from the open source freedom of the web for all beginnings they had.

I too have cut Google out of my life as far as I am able to. And I continue to look for ways to cut them out of any of my data. My purpose for existence is not to feed Google money and have my life choices turned into marketing opportunities.
    02-25-2015 01:12 PM
    My purpose for existence is not to feed Google money and have my life choices turned into marketing opportunities.
    This!! Google make a habit of doing that, especially in Gmail!
    02-25-2015 01:20 PM
    I have also stopped using all Google services, with the exception of YouTube and Google Chat (unfortunately, most my friends are on Gmail since the school district forces everybody to make one, getting them stuck in the Google trap while they are young).
    TheMightyCraken and S T1 like this.
    02-25-2015 06:06 PM
    Same here. I strongly dislike Google and their way of doing business. Other than occasionally watching a Youtube video, I'm Google free. They provide nothing to me that I can't get from Microsoft or another company.
    S T1 and xandros9 like this.
    02-25-2015 06:38 PM
    Bing is better... Less adds!
    02-25-2015 06:57 PM
    Google is getting sicker day by day. Looks like their primary focus is currently on killing Windows Phone and just nothing else. All such acts are pretty childish imho.
    02-25-2015 07:07 PM
    I stopped using googles services sometime ago, nothing positive was done using their services. They do not seem to comprehend that, and I doubt they are too hardheaded to learn.
    02-25-2015 07:26 PM
    I hate them. Wish Microsoft did something to take chrome out of the computer world.
    02-25-2015 07:31 PM
    I gave up on Google except for YouTube months ago. The problem with giving up YouTube, is not being able to watch 99% of posted video's.
    02-26-2015 08:40 AM
    Give Vimeo some attention when you are looking at videos. Just a thought. I do.
    TheMightyCraken and xandros9 like this.
    02-26-2015 08:53 AM
    I hate change.org but I hate google more. I signed your petition.
    02-26-2015 08:53 AM
    Give Vimeo some attention when you are looking at videos. Just a thought. I do.
    Try out dailymotion also.
    02-26-2015 10:12 AM
    Try out dailymotion also.
    I gave up on Google except for YouTube months ago. The problem with giving up YouTube, is not being able to watch 99% of posted video's.
    02-26-2015 10:13 AM
    I hate change.org but I hate google more. I signed your petition.
    Ditto...signed.
    02-26-2015 10:16 AM
    Me too. Tell me, how does one close one's google account?
    02-26-2015 10:33 AM
    Great way to make people involve.
    I truly appreciate .
    02-26-2015 10:34 AM
    I have been Google free for awhile now and haven't looked back since.

Shame can't cut out Youtube since Windows Central, Microsoft, Phone reviews, hands-on videos on various tech etc are always posted on youtube and not on other services like Vimeo or Daily Motion. I get my music fix from MixRadio, apart from that I hardly use Youtube at all.

(as I read this back, I sound like an addict speaking in a self help group LOL! )
    02-26-2015 12:14 PM
    Just a thought!
    If google is making money out of adsense obviously they need people to click the ads or it generates nothing for the business that is using their service.
    Why dont we try out something different. Instead of stopping use of all google services. Why dont we use the services and abandon adsense.
    Eventually google might wake up to the fact that they dont have the user base as everyone is quitting so they might make a change, on the other hand if we were to not quit using google services and let them believe that they are still strong and running but stop using adsense or anything that can get them to their knees they are likely to be in a position where they cant even make amends.

I might be wrong here I dont know.
    02-26-2015 01:56 PM
    02-26-2015 02:41 PM
    I have been Google free for awhile now and haven't looked back since.

Shame can't cut out Youtube since Windows Central, Microsoft, Phone reviews, hands-on videos on various tech etc are always posted on youtube and not on other services like Vimeo or Daily Motion. I get my music fix from MixRadio, apart from that I hardly use Youtube at all.

(as I read this back, I sound like an addict speaking in a self help group LOL! )
    I get by using the windows phone alternatives. It's still using YouTube but I don't feel as bad using it as I do the actual YouTube site
    02-26-2015 02:49 PM
    I've been a Google member since July 2010, and following the latest news that Google are stopping Softcard for Windows Phone, I have terminated my Google account, uninstalled Google Chrome and stopped using all Google's services (with the exception of YouTube).

I'll be using Bing services from now on (Cortana!) and using Mozilla Firefox, and just because I can, sign this petition I made :)

https://www.change.org/p/google-stop...-phone-users-2
    You beat me up I am writing my Google good bye letter as well.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-26-2015 03:53 PM
    I quit using Google services when I left Android years ago. The best insult I can give to Google is that I've not missed them in the least and leaving their services has had zero impact on my life. They are truly inconsequential.
    RumoredNow and fatclue_98 like this.
    02-26-2015 04:59 PM
    So many Google Ads. I'm one of those rare people that would choose Bing over Google.
    RumoredNow and Jonah Park like this.
    02-26-2015 06:29 PM
    I have used BING exclusively for years.
    02-26-2015 06:50 PM
168 123 ...