Microsoft Marketing

mbuenviaje

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to know anyone's thoughts on the marketing that Microsoft has come up with to advertise windows phones this far. What do you guys think they've done right, and what do they need to improve? What features do they need to promote more?

I'm sure the upcoming Windows 10 marketing will advertise the universality of the operating system. What aspects of it do they really need to emphasize?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
They need to show unique features, clearly.

E.g. This phone has MORE pixels. That makes it better.

This phone has Y, Z. That makes it better.

Ads where you barely find out why you should by a Lumia just don't give people a reason to change.

I doubt people care about 'universality' as that won't help it work with their iPad (for example). Saying that, having a game that plays on the Xbox and someone can continue on their phone might be neat. Probably not a FPS, but some strategy game. Continuity matters more to people and is easier to understand than 'universality'.

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I just watched the Amazing Race (USA) and saw that they kept taking selfies with a Lumia 735 on the show. Which is pretty ironic since it isn't sold by any carriers here. I actually have the phone and purchased it unlocked from a reseller, but for anyone watching the show... they wouldn't have any idea what phone they used since Microsoft, Lumia or Windows Phone was not mentioned once. They didn't even bother advertising in the commercial breaks. I think this is one of those failed attempts....the show was probably filmed after the 735 was released, and Microsoft was planning on selling it here, but that never happened...

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I just watched the Amazing Race (USA) and saw that they kept taking selfies with a Lumia 735 on the show. Which is pretty ironic since it isn't sold by any carriers here. I actually have the phone and purchased it unlocked from a reseller, but for anyone watching the show... they wouldn't have any idea what phone they used since Microsoft, Lumia or Windows Phone was not mentioned once. They didn't even bother advertising in the commercial breaks. I think this is one of those failed attempts....the show was probably filmed after the 735 was released, and Microsoft was planning on selling it here, but that never happened...

Lumia's are on almost all TV shows these days. Kind of funny. I guess the fact that many shows have an international market is why they do it. E.g. in the UK there are more options and they watch US TV shows. The UK is where the marketing dollars are currently being spent by Microsoft. And it shows - almost 10% market share.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes