Windows Phone House of Cards Season 3 .......WP 7?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Capture.jpg

Really?! They couldn't use WP 8 or 8.1 ?! Come on. If you're going to show off this OS in a big show like this, you'd think they would use a new OS. Just looking at it I cant even imagine using WP7 again. It looks bland...awful. That isn't going to do WP any good showcasing this like that.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
That's not 8.1. MAYBE 8 but looks more like 7 to me. If MS pushed to have WP showcased, the least they could've done is have a say in how the OS looked. It looks so boring and bland.

iop777

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely at least 8. The 520 can't run 7.. It looks bland because that's the out of the box start screen. Besides he was only given the phone for emergencies so it makes sense that it looks bland.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
what does it matter? its the same UI since 7.0, in fact, if they used a newer version with a startscreen background it could confuse people, since wp is better known for its stark & solid colors, you cant find a better representation than this one

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
what does it matter? its the same UI since 7.0, in fact, if they used a newer version with a startscreen background it could confuse people, since wp is better known for its stark & solid colors, you cant find a better representation than this one

Eh. If you are going to spend a ton of money to get your product placed, you should put more effort in to how its portrayed. I love WP, but if I never seen it before or didn't have one, this would not make me want one. They didn't necessarily have to use a background, but they could have spruced it up a little bit, put 8.1 on it, arrange the main screen a bit. Make it APPEALING. That's all im saying.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
That is obviously not WP7. WP 7 had a black area to the right of the tiles. I also spotted a 1020 in an episode. In fact, if market share was dictated by this show, WP looks like it's way above what it actually is.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
That is obviously not WP7. WP 7 had a black area to the right of the tiles

WP7.8 didn't have the gutter, so at least based on the start screen it really could be WP7.8. :wink:

I've yet to recognize a WP7 device though. They are all at least WP8.0 hardware.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
WP7.8 didn't have the gutter, so at least based on the start screen it really could be WP7.8. :wink:

I've yet to recognize a WP7 device though. They are all at least WP8.0 hardware.
Considering that I was smart enough to get a WP8 device (920) instead of sitting around and waiting for 7.8, I wouldn't know. But since hardly anyone stuck with 7 to even get 7.8, the odds that it would make it into a modern show is about the same odds as a real life Godzilla growing out of a mushroom and destroying all of Tokyo.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ lol. Just to be clear, I wasn't saying it's 7.8. Just that based only on the start screen, it could have been.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
On a side note while we're talking about House of Cards.. I mildly liked the first 2 seasons. There was some good stuff and it kept my interest. But I finished season 3 and the whole time I was completely bored. It was actually borderline awful. Did anyone here actually like it?

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
On a side note while we're talking about House of Cards.. I mildly liked the first 2 seasons. There was some good stuff and it kept my interest. But I finished season 3 and the whole time I was completely bored. It was actually borderline awful. Did anyone here actually like it?

Darn! I will have to see it. Sadly there is no Netflix here in India so I'll have to torrent this.

ManuelPineda

May 29, 2014
Visit site

True that, not as exciting as the two first seasons.

By the way some of you should pay attention to the change of hardware, at the beginning it's a 530 but at the end he's using a 930/Icon. Dumbar uses a 1020 also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett