I have seen some site showing phones that might comes at the MWC with low GB in internal storage..8 GB...geeeeeezzzz that should not be allowed . 32 GB should be the minimum of internal storage...

I wonder what is the cost of those internal storage....
    02-27-2015 03:28 PM
    I have seen some site showing phones that might comes at the MWC with low GB in internal storage..8 GB...geeeeeezzzz that should not be allowed . 32 GB should be the minimum of internal storage...

I wonder what is the cost of those internal storage....
    Every dollar they add in makes the sale price higher, which looks bad. So they keep cost down.

Good thing about Windows Phone is you can use an SD card on all these phones - and even install apps and store data on the SD, so small internal memory is ultimately a good thing as lower cost phones = more sales potential.
    02-27-2015 03:44 PM
    Every dollar they add in makes the sale price higher, which looks bad. So they keep cost down.

Good thing about Windows Phone is you can use an SD card on all these phones - and even install apps and store data on the SD, so small internal memory is ultimately a good thing as lower cost phones =1) more sales potential.
    Not every apps can go onto the SD Card...

1) for some it might be true but I would guess that a lot of us want more than that

and when I buy a phone I want for yearssssssss to come...not trading every year
    02-27-2015 03:49 PM
    Internal flash memories provide much faster read/write speed as they are well integrated with the processor of the device.
    While even 2 Mbps is fast when you are using WiFi connection to download something, higher speeds is very crucial when you are clicking photographs in a phone with high resolution camera, as each picture is about 5 MB or more, and then click multiple shots in a second.
    Generally internal memory will have a much higher read/write speed than a normal SD card, thus making it costlier.
    02-27-2015 03:50 PM
    Not every apps can go onto the SD Card...

1) for some it might be true but I would guess that a lot of us want more than that

and when I buy a phone I want for yearssssssss to come...not trading every year
    Great thing about external memory is you can upgrade for years to come. Buy a 16GB iPhone and you're stuffed.
    02-27-2015 03:54 PM
    not every body is using WiFi...

Generally internal memory will have a much higher read/write speed than a normal SD card, thus making it costlier
    you are saying higher in GB for SD Card lower the speed of reading/writing??? Well, I have a BB with 64 GB Sd Card and I don't find it slow. Also I have a L625 with 8 GB of Sd Card and that is slow
    02-27-2015 03:56 PM
    Great thing about external memory is you can upgrade for years to come. Buy a 16GB iPhone and you're stuffed.
    yes, no IPhone for me...it is either BB or windows phone..

I am waiting what windows phone 10 will bring on the table
    02-27-2015 03:58 PM
    Internal flash memories provide much faster read/write speed as they are well integrated with the processor of the device.
    While even 2 Mbps is fast when you are using WiFi connection to download something, higher speeds is very crucial when you are clicking photographs in a phone with high resolution camera, as each picture is about 5 MB or more, and then click multiple shots in a second.
    Generally internal memory will have a much higher read/write speed than a normal SD card, thus making it costlier.
    Speed increase is definitely true. I think I read difference between 16GB and 64GB in iPhone 6 is $13 cost to Apple (they sell for $100)

But when a cheap phone is $80 cost, $13 is massive. Hence keeping internal memory in budget phones small.
    02-27-2015 03:58 PM
    yes, no IPhone for me...it is either BB or windows phone..

I am waiting what windows phone 10 will bring on the table
    Nice thing about all the recent Windows phones is expandability and replaceable batteries. I hope even new flagships keep that.

(I was just giving iPhone as an example of a non-upgradeable phone that people amazingly buy in the millions)
    02-27-2015 04:00 PM
    Nice thing about all the recent Windows phones is expandability and replaceable batteries. I hope even new flagships keep that.

(I was just giving iPhone as an example of a non-upgradeable phone that people amazingly buy in the millions)
    what is Flagship for Windows Phone???
    02-27-2015 04:02 PM
    what is Flagship for Windows Phone???
    Premium, top of range version - something all Windows Phone users are waiting for. A Windows 10 premium flagship phone.
    02-27-2015 04:03 PM
    not every body is using WiFi...
    you are saying higher in GB for SD Card lower the speed of reading/writing??? Well, I have a BB with 64 GB Sd Card and I don't find it slow. Also I have a L625 with 8 GB of Sd Card and that is slow
    the wifi thing was an example for data read/write speed.

if what you meant by 'GB' is capacity, then speed doesn't depend on capacity.
    speed depends on the class of the card/storage.
    class means speed here.

example if you have a class 10 8gb memory card and class 4 32gb memory card
    then definitely the class 10 will be the faster.

Internal memory has a speed too like SD cards.
    they need much higher speed as i had mentioned in the previous post.

Just think why solid state drives are more costly than regular hard drives.
    its the speed factor.
    02-27-2015 04:04 PM
    Premium, top of range version - something all Windows Phone users are waiting for. A Windows 10 premium flagship phone.
    yes, I can't wait to see what they will show off..
    Today, I've seen a new one from Japan still too low of internal memory for me...8 GB
    02-27-2015 04:06 PM
    the wifi thing was an example for data read/write speed.

if what you meant by 'GB' is capacity, then speed doesn't depend on capacity.
    speed depends on the class of the card/storage.
    class means speed here.

example if you have a class 10 8gb memory card and class 4 32gb memory card
    then definitely the class 10 will be the faster.

Internal memory has a speed too like SD cards.
    they need much higher speed as i had mentioned in the previous post.

Just think why solid state drives are more costly than regular hard drives.
    its the speed factor
    yes SSD is better than hard drive..

I am talking about internal capacity ( storage)
    02-27-2015 04:08 PM
    low GB in internal storage..8 GB...geeeeeezzzz that should not be allowed . 32 GB should be the minimum of internal storage...
    8GB of internal storage is more than enough for a WP, whereas 8GB in a lagdroid is too low.
    If you were having a device with no SD card slot then this would have been true.
    But WP does have SD card slot
    Unlike lagdroid the WP OS is thoroughly optimized so that we can make use of the memory card properly without having to clog up the internal memory.
    02-27-2015 04:12 PM
    now...What about the Ram....too low of ram = slowness.
    I hope that the 512 mg for ram will disappear..
    02-27-2015 04:16 PM
    Are you kidding me ?
    Have you even used a WP device with 512mb ram ?
    That also is optimized.
    Only a few apps/games require 1GB ram.
    Other than that all the popular apps are available for 512mb devices.

I'll tell you one thing. Use a 512mb ram device and a 1GB ram device, I assure you, you wont be able to tell the difference.

That's how awesome Windows is.

I guess you were an android user before. That is why you are having these kind of doubts.

You don't need software like clean master for clearing up RAM on WP. (It automatically does that internally)
    In-fact you don't need to bother at all.

Thats how good the OS is.

I moved on from lagdroid to WP ... so I know !!
    02-27-2015 04:20 PM
    Are you kidding me ?
    Have you even used a WP device with 512mb ram
    ?

Off course I have a Lumia 625 with 512 of Ram

Only a few apps/games require 1GB ram

I don't play games

Other than that all the popular apps are available for 512mb devices.

I'll tell you one thing.
    Use a 512mb ram device and a 1GB ram device, I assure you, you wont be able to tell the difference

Oh, I have compare it to my Blackberry Classic which has 2 GB of Ram...There is a big difference in speed

That's how awesome Windows is.

I guess you were an android user before

No, Android for me Blackberry and Windows Phone

You don't need software like clean master for clearing up RAM on WP. (It automatically does that internally)
    In-fact you don't need to bother at all.
    So is Blackberry

Thats how good the OS is.

I moved on from lagdroid to WP ... so I know !!
    02-27-2015 04:30 PM
    It will because both the "low end" 432 and 532 have 1GB RAM.
    02-27-2015 04:34 PM
    are you on the latest update ?

Oh 625 ! and one more thing your processor is dual core. (Snapdragon S4)

Maybe its the processor that is slowing you down.

Try limiting the apps that are running on background using battery saver. (You can configure each app)
    02-27-2015 04:35 PM
    are you on the latest update ?

Oh 625 ! and one more thing your processor is dual core. (Snapdragon S4
    so is the Classic I believe

Try limiting the apps that are running on background using battery saver
    where do I see that...I use to know where it was but forgot
    02-27-2015 04:53 PM
    I own a 630 DS with 512 mb ram and a snapdragon s400 quadcore processor and its snappy :)

These new devices 432 and 532 have an older processor (Snapdragon S200 Quadcore) that will make it again slow regardless of the 1gb ram they are having

​Swipe left or right on the battery saver in the settings.
    02-27-2015 04:55 PM
    I own a 630 DS with 512 mb ram and a snapdragon s400 quadcore processor and its snappy :)

These new devices 432 and 532 have an older processor (Snapdragon S200 Quadcore) that will make it again slow regardless of the 1gb ram they are having
    ​Swipe left or right on the battery saver in the settings
    found it...it has nothing to do with speed of the phone. It only save on battery. There was 3 thing running in the back ground.

Also I am on 8.1 Cyan
    02-27-2015 05:05 PM