Which Windows phone is right for me?

Federico Turban

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Help me find (again) the right Windows Phone!

Well, a couple of weeks by now I started an exact thread, but to find the right Windows Phone for my girlfriend (who ended being a Nokia Lumia 620, and she loves it!), but now it's my turn to get a new Windows Phone.

Some facts first:

-I use a Nokia Lumia 625, and in a couple of months, it is going to turn 2 years old.
-I'm not gonna buy it right now, I'm gonna wait a little and save a few bucks first.

What I'm looking for? Well, actually, something not very expensive, I'm complety not lookinf for a High End Device, but something in the Middle End. I have in mind the Nokia Lumia 730 and 830, both of them are the same screen size tan my current Lumia 625 (and a little bigger in the case of the 830), both of them are perfectly good phones, with really nice specs, MicroSD suppor up to 128 GB, and oh well, both are great choices and have great cameras!

But, what I don't know is, what other devices can be good for me too, doesn't matter if are new or older devices, what are better deals for the price, if is better to wait a little longer, whatever reason is a good reason. Here in M?xico those devices are probably never gonna came out in a lot of time (recently, the Lumia 530 just came out, and a little before the Lumia 630 and the Lumia 1320, nothing else), so, I'm not very aware of what are now the prices of those devices in other countries.

Also, I don't know if this thread is in the correct place, I was looking in the others sub-f?rums and I believe this was the right place. If is not in the right place, well, tell me and I will change it's place.

ojo otter

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
re: Help me find (again) the right Windows Phone!

I have the Lumia 830, upgraded from 630, best choice I ever made imho, definitely recommend it. I pay ?17 per month, which is an all right price, and the camera is great. The design is subjective, but I much prefer It to the Lumia 730's design, which was my other choice. The only problem with the 830 I feel is the ffc, as the photos can be a bit washed out and colourless in certain lightings. But if you can afford the Lumia 830, I recommend taking the plunge.

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Help me find (again) the right Windows Phone!

I have the Lumia 830, upgraded from 630, best choice I ever made imho, definitely recommend it. I pay ?17 per month, which is an all right price, and the camera is great. The design is subjective, but I much prefer It to the Lumia 730's design, which was my other choice. The only problem with the 830 I feel is the ffc, as the photos can be a bit washed out and colourless in certain lightings. But if you can afford the Lumia 830, I recommend taking the plunge.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but where do you pay that (network wise) and what's in your tariff?

ojo otter

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but where do you pay that (network wise) and what's in your tariff?

I'm on EE, and I get unlimited texts, 500 mb and 500 calls. I got the deal off e2save, so I saved the ?100 upfront fee. E2save was very good, arrived 2 hours late though :grin:

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site

I'm on EE, and I get unlimited texts, 500 mb and 500 calls. I got the deal off e2save, so I saved the ?100 upfront fee. E2save was very good, arrived 2 hours late though :grin:

Ohh that's pretty good actually, considering switching from my 920 where I pay ?18.50 for unlimited texts, 3000 minutes and 2gb, hmm.

Federico Turban

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

The only problem, here in Mexico the tariff is terrible and buying the phone in a tariff is a no go, because those phones are not going to come out in the next months.

I buy all my phones off-contracts because of the same reason the tariff is terrible (at least in Telcel).

L0cke

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't really decide which one to get right now either. It's between the 830 and 930. I prefer the 830's size as think the 930 might be too thick and heavy but want the 930's screen and performance. Can't win at the moment.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I'd go for a 535 or 640 when it comes out, if your needs are not massively high, why pay more!

I have a 535, use it loads, email, reading, Internet, all the usual social media stuff, it's an amazing device, having changed from an iPhone 5 it often runs faster with apps like Netflix. And the battery is amazing! Have to work real hard to drain it during a day, think it will easily last two when I get used to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett