I noticed in his blog post announcing the Lumia 640/XL he makes this comment:

Weve always been committed to bringing the latest features to our Lumia phones, whether its the most advanced or the most affordable. With Windows 10, we will continue bringing the latest features to Lumia, but we also going to deliver a new family of devices, including devices at the flagship level, later this year.
    The last part is especially interesting as he phrases it "deliver a new family of devices"? I consider Lumia a family - could this other family be a "Surface" phone at the flagship level to capitalize on the Surface brand name?
    03-02-2015 07:23 AM
    Only thing I wondering is when will the phone 640/640xl actually be available for purchase
    Legoboyii likes this.
    03-02-2015 07:36 AM
    I noticed in his blog post announcing the Lumia 640/XL he makes this comment:

The last part is especially interesting as he phrases it "deliver a new family of devices"? I consider Lumia a family - could this other family be a "Surface" phone at the flagship level to capitalize on the Surface brand name?
    In a word, no.

Why would Microsoft introduce a new branded family of devices, separate to the Lumia range? That would make no sense to me, they spent a lot of money purchasing the Nokia mobile IP. The language used by Elop is curious, yes but I think it's just semantics. He's simply reassuring the enthusiasts and Lumia camera aficionados that the flagships are coming.

I read it like this: There will be a new family of flagships including affordable aka 840 / 840XL, regular aka 940 / 940XL and finally Pro camera aka 1040 / 1040XL.
    Legoboyii and Jagar Tharn like this.
    03-02-2015 08:06 AM