Why not rebrand WP to Microsoft Spartan?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Because its now referring to the browser not an OS?
It throws a wrench into the entire "one Windows" idea too.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hmm interesting idea. Not sure whether it's right or wrong.

The Windows name does bring brand recognition - but is that a good or bad association? I guess it depends on the person.

Perhaps a cool name like "Spartan" could allow it to distance itself from the "old IT guys office" name of Windows and be more appealing to the younger audience? Dunno

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Being a college professor in a business school in a major metropolitan area who has run marketing research studies using students here and abroad as guinea pigs, I can confirm that there is a huge brand issue with Windows and Windows Phone with current generation college aged students.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
There have been times where Windows has had a negative connotation. I think Microsoft has a chance to turn that around with Windows 10. As Xandros has said, Microsoft is banking on One Windows. I think they have a chance, there is plenty of positive feedback with Windows 10 Previews, and HoloLens is bringing a cool to the product that Microsoft has always lacked.

If there is a stigma about "Windows" from a younger, tech-savvy audience, they are smart enough to know that Windows is Microsoft. Dropping "Windows" won't solve the issue. Making Windows genuinely cool will.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb