03-18-2015 02:21 AM
82 1234
tools
    My question is Should MSFT ban google services on windows?? As windows is the most popular and major OS for pc ,laptops ,convertible ,etc. As msft have the higher share on market and the place from where google earns it's major revenue! Baning google will stop the Google's not competitive monopoly for windows phone , such as not giving apps and removing some useful after buying then! This may start a war but something has to be done the evil suckerball google!!
    If they did that they would lose a lot of users. Myself included. That doesn't make sense from a business standpoint.
    03-07-2015 12:03 AM
    I agree with the OP on this. But I'm thinking leave the browser called chrome alone but limit its services it wants to provide..especially if they conflict with what Microsoft is bringing aka Cortana. Microsoft should throttle chrome on PC's and laptops running all versions of Windows, especially 7,8 and 10. Moreover, they should severely limit google ads on its web pages on its OS. Nix google. If they want to act like children, they ought to be treated like the rug rats that they are. Period.
    03-07-2015 12:09 AM
    Microsoft should throttle chrome on PC's and laptops running all versions of Windows, especially 7,8 and 10
    Please tell me this is a joke. This place never ceases to amaze me.
    D M C likes this.
    03-07-2015 01:21 AM
    Please tell me this is a joke. This place never ceases to amaze me.
    Why would he be joking? This sounds like a great idea and it's not like anyone is gonna notice. /s
    03-07-2015 02:41 AM
    how people (other than windows phone user) react to Google blocking YouTube and Softcard Apps for Windows Phone
    Ha, Windows Phone is such a failure, not a single dev supporting it
    Win Phone iz BS, cnt gt appz LOLOLOL, there phon sckksss
    Windows Phone? what is that? no wonder why google block it
    how people (other than windows phone user) react to Microsoft remove Office from Android
    FK YOU M$ WHAT THE FK FORCE PEOPLE USE THEIR BS THINK ANYONE WOULD USE WIN PHONE? NO
    MS is suporting Appel <3 n there win phone scks so there don remov office frm appel
    Later, M$ will make it free for windows phone and windows, but cost $1000/month for apple and android
    squire777 likes this.
    03-07-2015 02:55 AM
    No, not only would that be an anti trust case but would make Microsoft as bad as Google. Make them harder to use on Windows, maybe but banning them outright isn't the right thing to do IMHO. The Google Maps on WP incident springs to mind, where Google actively blocked WP users from accessing Google Maps and thought no one would notice.

The other option is Microsoft cripple their own services on Android e.g. no voice search in Bing app.
    snowmutt likes this.
    03-07-2015 08:46 AM
    ^ Or Google's servers intentionally serving up crap HTML from the early 2000's, whenever they detected mobile IE as the client.
    snowmutt and neo158 like this.
    03-07-2015 09:33 AM
    Bad idea.
    03-07-2015 09:50 AM
    Thankfully MSFT doesn't spitefully punish its users like google does.
    RumoredNow and neo158 like this.
    03-07-2015 10:01 AM
    For the most part, this has been a decent discussion. But please remember to leave the personal insults at the door. I like these threads- as a user who is more interested in the business side of mobile than the tech side, I often feel a little behind in conversations. This one is right up my alley. I would HATE to see it closed due to it degrading to arguments.

First off- my opinion on Google differs depending on how we are talking about them:

-From a services point of view, I respect the living crud out of them. I think Google Maps is still the standard, at least here in North America. Bing Maps are okay and Nokia Maps are good, but in my experience neither is as accurate. If I could wave the magic wand, I would have Google maps ported over to my Windows devices in a nano-second. You Tube has no rival, and Google has built an amazing support system for apps and services that has made them king of the smartphones and the top rival for tablets. To not respect them for what they have built is silly.

-From a business perspective- I again respect the crud out of them. They have taken a model used by magazines, tv, and thousands of other mediums and made it a near art form: Build a service, and sell advertisement. Search for a flight from Indy to Nashville? All of a sudden, you have all kinds of motel and rent-a-car offers from Nashville. Wow, what a coincidence. Search for used 2 person tents on your phone or tablet, or use Google on your laptop? Look at that- your G-Mail and websites have links to Amazon, Cabelos, or other outdoor outfitters and guess what is there?? Amazing- it is like magic. All these services are designed to one end- get advertisers to buy in. Any money they make from the sale is pure gravy on the meatloaf.

-From my personal perspective: Sorry, Google, I am not interested. Yes, Bing search does some of the same things. But MS is a software company, and makes their big cash through that. Apple? Overpriced, but they make their money through sales of their hardware and licenses. I am way more comfortable with that. I do not want my life "forced" into the Google Advertising monster.

But this is where the MS/Google problem hits the hardest. MS NEEDS to be on iOS and Android driven devices to get ther sofftware subscriptions into user hands. Google NEEDS to be on iOS to get Ads on the largest mobile manufacturer. Google does not need Windows on phones/tablets yet. So, to "ban" those services is silly. Windows on mobile is still trying to grow. Having access to Google services would help it as there are Billions of Android/Google users.

MS can only work on it's strengths. Their bread and butter is software. Enterprise. Subscriptions. And, to a lesser degree, some advertisement revenue. If mobility is EVER to grow enough to be on that list- and it needs to be- MS needs cross-platform.
    03-07-2015 10:07 AM
    This is a very stupid question.
    You have right not to make software for specific OS but you do not hold right to ban unless it is unethical.
    and if you do that then you are doing unethical practices.
    Did Android ban MS services??????????????
    People use Google services more than MS services in Windows and MS do not hold right to do this.(specially when their own services quality is far inferior than Google in non USA countries.)

Users have right to have choice and you are suggesting to take that.
    MS do not hold right to control users.

Just for the record
    Google is one of the most respectable ,admired and lovably company even more than MS itself(obviously it does not include MS fans but the general public who aren't fan of anyone)
    http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admir...nies/google-2/

Treating some company like that would be ............. just imagine
    Last edited by D M C; 03-07-2015 at 11:10 AM.
    03-07-2015 10:42 AM
    No, they shouldn't ban GOOG services on Windows ... but if I was MSFT I'd keep the antitrust people on speed dial so that if GOOG steps over the line, I could get the full weight of the USGov on them (pronto). I'd also closely examine the GOOG Service API practices with antitrust in mind (force them to open up and standardize so that MSFT itself could write viable GOOG service apps for WP/W10 since GOOG won't write them itself).
    03-07-2015 10:49 AM
    how people (other than windows phone user) react to Google blocking YouTube and Softcard Apps for Windows Phone

how people (other than windows phone user) react to Microsoft remove Office from Android
    Do I need to post MS fans comments on Google or Apple?
    If you know WP fans aren't any better.

Fans always talk B$.

But I do not understand why you are posting this.
    Are you suggesting that All Android, Apple users or any other than Windows are are MS hater??
    or what do you want to imply with your comment?
    neo158 likes this.
    03-07-2015 11:00 AM
    Do I need to post MS fans comments on Google or Apple?
    If you know WP fans aren't any better.

Fans always talk B$.

But I do not understand why you are posting this.
    Are you suggesting that All Android, Apple users or any other than Windows are are MS hater??
    or what do you want to imply with your comment?
    just trying to show how people (other than Windows user) react to when company remove their apps from opponent company's platform:
    google remove block and remove their apps from windows phone. Everyone was like "HURRAY", "Meh", "So What".
    microsoft remove block and remove their apps from android. Everyone was like "WTF", "I HATE YOU M$", "M$ force us to join their sucky platform with sucky service".
    03-08-2015 01:47 AM
    This is a very stupid question.
    You have right not to make software for specific OS but you do not hold right to ban unless it is unethical.
    and if you do that then you are doing unethical practices.
    Did Android ban MS services??????????????
    People use Google services more than MS services in Windows and MS do not hold right to do this.(specially when their own services quality is far inferior than Google in non USA countries.)

Users have right to have choice and you are suggesting to take that.
    MS do not hold right to control users.

Just for the record
    Google is one of the most respectable ,admired and lovably company even more than MS itself(obviously it does not include MS fans but the general public who aren't fan of anyone)
    Google - - Fortune

Treating some company like that would be ............. just imagine
    Most people think buying a cell phone on contract is a great idea but most don't look at the true cost of doing that. Doesn't make them idiots, just misguided. Having said that, I hate google. i didn't always but I sure as shootin' do now. I'm all about respect and loyalty and I don't like their way of paying MS back for having a platform from which to build that BS browser. Now you can continue to blindly love google and ignore those of us who have a real beef with that kind of loyalty and respect, doesn't much matter to me. I'm not going to change my opinion because some press release says people got love for google search. BTW, google is powerful enough to pay anyone to write anything. What I can see is a pesky company that needs to be brought down a few pegs. And whatever I can do to accomplish that within the limits of the law, I'm 'bout it 'bout it.
    03-08-2015 05:17 PM
    No.
    If they provide a good service, I want it. Why limit a phone OS that has less than 5% marketshare?

What if Google banned MS services like Office, OneNote, Lync, Yammer, Skype, OneDrive? It works both ways

Actually the lack of Google Services on WP has made me LEAVE Google. Fail.

I want choice on my phone, not limitations.

I hope Nokia comes out with some kickass services - because I will use them!

Mr. V
    neo158 likes this.
    03-08-2015 05:30 PM
    Will the first person who's financially damaged by any of this Google vs. Microsoft foolishness please raise their hand? Go ahead, I'll wait. The vast majority of all these apps being squabbled about are FREE!!!
    MikeX74 likes this.
    03-08-2015 09:13 PM
    No.
    If they provide a good service, I want it. Why limit a phone OS that has less than 5% marketshare?

What if Google banned MS services like Office, OneNote, Lync, Yammer, Skype, OneDrive? It works both ways

Actually the lack of Google Services on WP has made me LEAVE Google. Fail.

I want choice on my phone, not limitations.

I hope Nokia comes out with some kickass services - because I will use them!

Mr. V
    Let them ban MS services. They will do so at their own peril. A lot of people deal with this company not so much because of stellar performance, because they think google + and a laptop based on a browser is amazing or because of that hysterical attempt with camera mounted to plastic frames aka google glass, but because they cost shift everything they do. You get to watch ads to use what google gives you. Its not free. Nothing they do is free. You also open your personal life to that company in exchange for free webmail which is why Apple put all its people on notice to NOT USE GMAIL for Apple business or be fired. Not to mention, if you are on android, you don't have to pay a living dime for 90 percent of all paid apps on android. It's pirated everywhere. This is how they keep a good chunk of their market share. Its a dirty company and no one should be proud of it.
    RumoredNow and neo158 like this.
    03-08-2015 09:51 PM
    Will the first person who's financially damaged by any of this Google vs. Microsoft foolishness please raise their hand? Go ahead, I'll wait. The vast majority of all these apps being squabbled about are FREE!!!
    You can't put a price tag on the emotional damage that some of these people have suffered due to using a 3rd party YouTube app
    raycpl, Jazmac and MikeX74 like this.
    03-08-2015 09:58 PM
    Most people think buying a cell phone on contract is a great idea but most don't look at the true cost of doing that. Doesn't make them idiots, just misguided. Having said that, I hate google. i didn't always but I sure as shootin' do now. I'm all about respect and loyalty and I don't like their way of paying MS back for having a platform from which to build that BS browser. Now you can continue to blindly love google and ignore those of us who have a real beef with that kind of loyalty and respect, doesn't much matter to me. I'm not going to change my opinion because some press release says people got love for google search. BTW, google is powerful enough to pay anyone to write anything. What I can see is a pesky company that needs to be brought down a few pegs. And whatever I can do to accomplish that within the limits of the law, I'm 'bout it 'bout it.
    Hater will always be hater. They talk nothing logical.
    MS is also powerful enough to pay anyone to write anything.

As I told you before these surveys based on general public opinion not haters and fans but you can believe whatever you want.
    03-09-2015 02:01 AM
    You can't put a price tag on the emotional damage that some of these people have suffered due to using a 3rd party YouTube app
    So what are you saying, you smell a lawsuit asking for gajillions of dollars for pain and suffering?
    03-09-2015 10:01 AM
    Hater will always be hater. They talk nothing logical.
    MS is also powerful enough to pay anyone to write anything.

As I told you before these surveys based on general public opinion not haters and fans but you can believe whatever you want.
    I am no more illogical than one that follows blindly behind one of the dirtiest and most dishonest tech companies to ever come out of Silicon Valley. I don't know how or why it happened. They got a taste of success and before you know it, no one mattered and all must bow down to google. Feel free, but I will never. Even the battles over the years between Apple and Microsoft at its lowest point, remained respectful and even Microsoft helped at one time to lift Apple from obscurity. Which is why I continue to respect Apple and Microsoft. They are old school and at its core, decent IMHO.
    It would never happen from that disrespectful and tyrannical bunch at google. They would simply pick the company clean like a bunch of ravenous scavengers, leave whatever is left on the street and use taxpayers to pay to clean up the road.
    neo158 likes this.
    03-10-2015 01:18 AM
    I am no more illogical than one that follows blindly behind one of the dirtiest and most dishonest tech companies to ever come out of Silicon Valley. I don't know how or why it happened. They got a taste of success and before you know it, no one mattered and all must bow down to google. Feel free, but I will never. Even the battles over the years between Apple and Microsoft at its lowest point, remained respectful and even Microsoft helped at one time to lift Apple from obscurity. Which is why I continue to respect Apple and Microsoft. They are old school and at its core, decent IMHO.
    It would never happen from that disrespectful and tyrannical bunch at google. They would simply pick the company clean like a bunch of ravenous scavengers, leave whatever is left on the street and use taxpayers to pay to clean up the road.
    Google is lot better than US centric companies. They offer much better quality of services than these who only offer to USA.
    and the dirtiest company you are talking about is not only the one of most respectable company in public but it is also best company to work.
    100 Best Companies to Work For - Fortune (but again you can bring awesome your logic that Google is paying them to write)

In my opinion you hate Google because you see Google as threat to MS.
    03-10-2015 02:41 AM
    ^^ Microsoft did indeed bail Apple out once. It was not only good for business, but it was the right thing to do from an industry perspective. Do you think Google would do the same? You don't have to answer, it was a rhetorical question.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Jazmac and neo158 like this.
    03-11-2015 10:34 AM
    ^^ Microsoft did indeed bail Apple out once. It was not only good for business, but it was the right thing to do from an industry perspective. Do you think Google would do the same? You don't have to answer, it was a rhetorical question.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Well in this cut throat competition no company will do that now. Not even Microsoft as situation is lot different now.
    What f**k l'll do with what MS did with Apple?

And it doesn't matter.
    What matter is what they are doing for their customers. Microsoft services are USA centric but Google are comparatively lot better for other countries.
    03-11-2015 04:56 PM
82 1234