03-18-2015 02:21 AM
82 1234
tools
    Well in this cut throat competition no company will do that now. Not even Microsoft as situation is lot different now.
    What f**k l'll do with what MS did with Apple?

And it doesn't matter.
    What matter is what they are doing for their customers. Microsoft services are USA centric but Google are comparatively lot better for other countries.
    I don't understand what on earth you are talking about. Jazmac is saying he doesn't like their business practices and you go "well, they treat their employees ok and at least they're available worldwide." What do those two things have to do with each other?
    RumoredNow and fatclue_98 like this.
    03-11-2015 05:53 PM
    Well in this cut throat competition no company will do that now. Not even Microsoft as situation is lot different now.
    What f**k l'll do with what MS did with Apple?

And it doesn't matter.
    What matter is what they are doing for their customers. Microsoft services are USA centric but Google are comparatively lot better for other countries.
    So what OS do computers use outside the US? Is there a Euro or Asian OS that I've never heard of? Maybe Macs have a 95% share elsewhere.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    03-11-2015 07:11 PM
    Maybe Macs have a 95% share elsewhere.

Hmm, I have a comment to make on that one, but I'll keep it to myself 😉
    03-11-2015 07:18 PM
    If MS really wants to be a significant player is the mobile phone space they have to do what Samsung did and spend a boat load of cash marketing, I dont think the new CEO thinks that WP is worth spending the amount of cash that it will take to win the mind share of consumers so they ditch their current phone and platform and switch to WP. We need to hearing and seeing WP all day and all night for months on end following a product launch on all carriers at the same time all over the world, period.
    03-11-2015 08:58 PM
    If MS really wants to be a significant player is the mobile phone space they have to do what Samsung did and spend a boat load of cash marketing, I dont think the new CEO thinks that WP is worth spending the amount of cash that it will take to win the mind share of consumers so they ditch their current phone and platform and switch to WP. We need to hearing and seeing WP all day and all night for months on end following a product launch on all carriers at the same time all over the world, period.
    I agree but more than anything, I want them to do something so unexpected when they drop the next flagship, and I do believe there will be one, we won't stop talking about it for months. And bloggers will finally say, "Is that Microsoft?" What I absolutely hope for is a phone that is all aluminum, sexy, powerful, striking and relentlessly badass. Almost the last phone you will every buy type thing. Outside the box where it doesn't compare to any phone they have ever conceived.
    Guytronic and white_Shadoww like this.
    03-11-2015 10:10 PM
    I agree with that, but it has to be so good & have such a wow factor that people will be willing to change platforms, see it's not just about the phone anymore it's also the ecosystems. Unfortunately unless there is some crazy security breech or Google gets exposed for doing some crazy **** you won't ever see an Android user who is entrenched in the Google ecosystem & uses Google services to change to a ecosystem that does not have Google services and apps, Google knows this that's why they do not & will not have apps for WP. They know as soon as they do they will loose customers because it will be a lot easier to switch.

Right now is like the early 90's of the desktop computer era where Apple is still apple, Android is Windows & WP is OS/2 or Linux. It didn't workout to good for OS/2 and Linux is very niche product although very good no application were written for it & it became a vicious cycle of no apps because no market share & no market share because of no apps. After a few years the other OS's became entrenched & consumers already spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on applications and it did not matter if more apps were available as it was too late. You can see this every time there is a commercial on TV that shows an app available for Android or IOS & not for WP. Every time a smartphone user see's that it reinforces the mind-share for IOS & Android & looses it for WP.

As much as I hate to admit it, W10 is the last chance for Windows Phone to gain mind share & then market share, but MS has to spend a whole lot of cash plus have a "killer" halo phone & very good mid range & low end phones available on all carriers at the same time to pull it off. Other wise plan "B" would be switch to Android as an OS & release a Phone with a windows phone skin with all MS services pre-installed as the default(don't even know if that is possible, I know Google services have to be on the phone also) Cortana, Bing, Live Tiles, etc... Either case they need to get people entrenched in their ecosystem to gain mind & market share.

They also need to bundle phones with tablet & laptop purchases like I see Samsung doing now for W10 launch. Buy a windows phone & get a W10 tablet free or buy a tablet or laptop & get a 535 or 640 free, the only problem is the phone & tablet needs to be available on all carriers for it to work effectively. This would be killer for their enterprise customers. For example buy 500 computers or licenses of W10 and get 500, 640 or 640 XL free for your employee phones.

In any case like I said before they "WILL" have to spend a lot of money & I mean "A LOT" for a sustained "Shock & Awe" ad campaign for several months if not a full year & paying carriers to not have exclusive phones & have the same phone on all carriers at the same time.
    Last edited by Robinsonmac; 03-12-2015 at 12:45 AM.
    03-12-2015 12:29 AM
    So what OS do computers use outside the US? Is there a Euro or Asian OS that I've never heard of? Maybe Macs have a 95% share elsewhere.

You and I both know I wasn't talking about OS. It's about online services.
    OS is the only MS product which I respect most. I can't imagine my PC(or Laptop) without Windows.

I don't understand what on earth you are talking about. Jazmac is saying he doesn't like their business practices and you go "well, they treat their employees ok and at least they're available worldwide." What do those two things have to do with each other?
    because i was talking about what world think about Google and he is talking about "what he think about Google". It was for those who think Google is most evil company but in reality it's most respectable company..
    Google business practices are legal and if he don't like then that's his problem. I don't have any problem with that. Neither most of world.
    03-12-2015 02:54 AM
    You and I both know I wasn't talking about OS. It's about online services.
    So Office Online, Onedrive, Lync, etc. only work in the US? Everybody outside the Red, White and Blue uses Google services? C'mon, let's be reasonable. Google ain't all that.
    neo158 and Jazmac like this.
    03-12-2015 10:49 AM
    So Office Online, Onedrive, Lync, etc. only work in the US? Everybody outside the Red, White and Blue uses Google services? C'mon, let's be reasonable. Google ain't all that.
    Do you ever remember something call bing and maps?
    They total su*k outside USA.
    03-12-2015 05:51 PM
    So a mapping app is the basis for your argument? Weak.

03-12-2015 07:22 PM
    Maybe in your country they suck but in the UK Bing Maps works just fine, most people use HERE Maps anyway.
    03-12-2015 10:29 PM
    So a mapping app is the basis for your argument? Weak.

the services which i use most are the basis of my arguments.(Search engine & maps)
    03-13-2015 02:31 AM
    the services which i use most are the basis of my arguments.(Search engine & maps)
    Google Search and Google Maps trumps any online services that Microsoft offers according to you. That's your argument, I believe you've even specified it. I'll leave it there and maybe let others chime in because I just don't have the words to challenge that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-13-2015 10:33 AM
    [B[/B]
    Google Search and Google Maps trumps any online services that Microsoft offers according to you. That's your argument, I believe you've even specified it. I'll leave it there and maybe let others chime in because I just don't have the words to challenge that.
    No it's not only that. All MS promotion activity are solely focused on USA only.
    bing.jpg
    Services might not available in many countries but all MS services USA not only that the best promotion activities also available in USA only.(like bing rewards, 100 GB free onedrive space etc)

MS services quality are top notch in USA but for other countries it's average or below average.(Not so long MS fan change their region to USA to get better bing results).
    When MS think they reached saturation in USA then they think about other countries.
    Take any services(which based on normally regions) take Xbox services. How many countries Xbox music is available? 22 i think but almost 50% of song are available in Xbox music are USA.
    Sir,You know the surface but don't know what is at below.

First you need to research MS services for USA vs MS services for Non USA countries.
    03-15-2015 01:19 AM
    I'm getting a couple of Android devices next week, and I'm going to use them in addition to, not instead of my Windows devices (PCs/tablet/Windows Phone). This is just because I love tech gadgets and can never have enough.

I'm going to use Bing Search on Android, as well as Here Maps on Android.
    D M C and fatclue_98 like this.
    03-15-2015 01:39 AM
    I actually think that Google's search engine has become worse over the years. Every search engine, really. With more effort going into trying to predict what the user wants, many sources of information are now being bumped or just omitted. Sure, it all looks nicer, organized, and easy to access, but also very limited. This is especially apparent in image searches. No wonder everyone's now talking about the "dark side" of the internet now; it's getting more and more difficult to see past the popular results.
    03-16-2015 12:30 AM
    I'm getting a couple of Android devices next week, and I'm going to use them in addition to, not instead of my Windows devices (PCs/tablet/Windows Phone). This is just because I love tech gadgets and can never have enough.

Interesting! Do you know what you're planning to get?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-16-2015 07:53 AM

If I were you I would look at a Nexus device, root it and flash it with Cyanogenmod unless you need Google services.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-16-2015 08:36 AM
    [B[/B]

No it's not only that. All MS promotion activity are solely focused on USA only.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bing.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	99699
    Services might not available in many countries but all MS services USA not only that the best promotion activities also available in USA only.(like bing rewards, 100 GB free onedrive space etc)

MS services quality are top notch in USA but for other countries it's average or below average.(Not so long MS fan change their region to USA to get better bing results).
    When MS think they reached saturation in USA then they think about other countries.
    Take any services(which based on normally regions) take Xbox services. How many countries Xbox music is available? 22 i think but almost 50% of song are available in Xbox music are USA.
    Sir,You know the surface but don't know what is at below.

First you need to research MS services for USA vs MS services for Non USA countries.
    You might want to check that again as it's not US only any more.
    03-16-2015 08:38 AM
    Interesting! Do you know what you're planning to get?
    Moto X and Nexus 7

If I were you I would look at a Nexus device, root it and flash it with Cyanogenmod unless you need Google services.
    No, I'm not rooting/flashing at this time. The reason I chose those particular devices is because they're pure Android without any custom skins or bloatware.
    neo158 likes this.
    03-16-2015 12:18 PM
    Moto X and Nexus 7
    Excellent choices! My wife uses a Moto X 2014 Pure Edition, and I tell her that to take it out of her hands would require surgery! Be sure to get the Nexus 7 2013 edition. The 2012 works OK, but it's underpowered.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-16-2015 12:26 PM

At Starbucks
    tgp and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-16-2015 12:30 PM
    At Starbucks
    Or wherever journalists are gathered.
    HeyCori and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-16-2015 12:33 PM
    You might want to check that again as it's not US only any more.
    Checked. It's USA only.

Source: https://www.bing.com/rewards/faq
    Last edited by D M C; 03-17-2015 at 02:15 AM.
    03-16-2015 04:51 PM
    Checked. It's USA only.

Source: https://www.bing.com/rewards/faq
    The 100GB of OneDrive space is global, Bing Rewards isn't. Reread the post I quoted as I highlighted the part I was replying to specifically.
    Last edited by neo158; 03-17-2015 at 04:24 PM.
    03-17-2015 01:49 PM
82 1234