Should MSFT ban google services on windows!!

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
No.
If they provide a good service, I want it. Why limit a phone OS that has less than 5% marketshare?

What if Google banned MS services like Office, OneNote, Lync, Yammer, Skype, OneDrive? It works both ways

Actually the lack of Google Services on WP has made me LEAVE Google. Fail.

I want choice on my phone, not limitations.

I hope Nokia comes out with some kickass services - because I will use them!

Mr. V

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Will the first person who's financially damaged by any of this Google vs. Microsoft foolishness please raise their hand? Go ahead, I'll wait. The vast majority of all these apps being squabbled about are FREE!!!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
No.
If they provide a good service, I want it. Why limit a phone OS that has less than 5% marketshare?

What if Google banned MS services like Office, OneNote, Lync, Yammer, Skype, OneDrive? It works both ways

Actually the lack of Google Services on WP has made me LEAVE Google. Fail.

I want choice on my phone, not limitations.

I hope Nokia comes out with some kickass services - because I will use them!

Mr. V

Let them ban MS services. They will do so at their own peril. A lot of people deal with this company not so much because of stellar performance, because they think google + and a laptop based on a browser is amazing or because of that hysterical attempt with camera mounted to plastic frames aka google glass, but because they cost shift everything they do. You get to watch ads to use what google gives you. Its not free. Nothing they do is free. You also open your personal life to that company in exchange for free webmail which is why Apple put all its people on notice to NOT USE GMAIL for Apple business or be fired. Not to mention, if you are on android, you don't have to pay a living dime for 90 percent of all paid apps on android. It's pirated everywhere. This is how they keep a good chunk of their market share. Its a dirty company and no one should be proud of it.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Will the first person who's financially damaged by any of this Google vs. Microsoft foolishness please raise their hand? Go ahead, I'll wait. The vast majority of all these apps being squabbled about are FREE!!!

You can't put a price tag on the emotional damage that some of these people have suffered due to using a 3rd party YouTube app

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Most people think buying a cell phone on contract is a great idea but most don't look at the true cost of doing that. Doesn't make them idiots, just misguided. Having said that, I hate google. i didn't always but I sure as shootin' do now. I'm all about respect and loyalty and I don't like their way of paying MS back for having a platform from which to build that BS browser. Now you can continue to blindly love google and ignore those of us who have a real beef with that kind of loyalty and respect, doesn't much matter to me. I'm not going to change my opinion because some press release says people got love for google search. BTW, google is powerful enough to pay anyone to write anything. What I can see is a pesky company that needs to be brought down a few pegs. And whatever I can do to accomplish that within the limits of the law, I'm 'bout it 'bout it.

Hater will always be hater. They talk nothing logical.
MS is also powerful enough to pay anyone to write anything.

As I told you before these surveys based on general public opinion not haters and fans but you can believe whatever you want.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hater will always be hater. They talk nothing logical.
MS is also powerful enough to pay anyone to write anything.

As I told you before these surveys based on general public opinion not haters and fans but you can believe whatever you want.

I am no more illogical than one that follows blindly behind one of the dirtiest and most dishonest tech companies to ever come out of Silicon Valley. I don't know how or why it happened. They got a taste of success and before you know it, no one mattered and all must bow down to google. Feel free, but I will never. Even the battles over the years between Apple and Microsoft at its lowest point, remained respectful and even Microsoft helped at one time to lift Apple from obscurity. Which is why I continue to respect Apple and Microsoft. They are old school and at its core, decent IMHO.
It would never happen from that disrespectful and tyrannical bunch at google. They would simply pick the company clean like a bunch of ravenous scavengers, leave whatever is left on the street and use taxpayers to pay to clean up the road.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I am no more illogical than one that follows blindly behind one of the dirtiest and most dishonest tech companies to ever come out of Silicon Valley. I don't know how or why it happened. They got a taste of success and before you know it, no one mattered and all must bow down to google. Feel free, but I will never. Even the battles over the years between Apple and Microsoft at its lowest point, remained respectful and even Microsoft helped at one time to lift Apple from obscurity. Which is why I continue to respect Apple and Microsoft. They are old school and at its core, decent IMHO.
It would never happen from that disrespectful and tyrannical bunch at google. They would simply pick the company clean like a bunch of ravenous scavengers, leave whatever is left on the street and use taxpayers to pay to clean up the road.

Google is lot better than US centric companies. They offer much better quality of services than these who only offer to USA.
and the dirtiest company you are talking about is not only the one of most respectable company in public but it is also best company to work.
100 Best Companies to Work For - Fortune (but again you can bring awesome your logic that Google is paying them to write)

In my opinion you hate Google because you see Google as threat to MS.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
^^ Microsoft did indeed bail Apple out once. It was not only good for business, but it was the right thing to do from an industry perspective. Do you think Google would do the same? You don't have to answer, it was a rhetorical question.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
^^ Microsoft did indeed bail Apple out once. It was not only good for business, but it was the right thing to do from an industry perspective. Do you think Google would do the same? You don't have to answer, it was a rhetorical question.

Well in this cut throat competition no company will do that now. Not even Microsoft as situation is lot different now.
What f**k l'll do with what MS did with Apple?

And it doesn't matter.
What matter is what they are doing for their customers. Microsoft services are USA centric but Google are comparatively lot better for other countries.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Well in this cut throat competition no company will do that now. Not even Microsoft as situation is lot different now.

And it doesn't matter.
What matter is what they are doing for their customers. Microsoft services are USA centric but Google are comparatively lot better for other countries.

I don't understand what on earth you are talking about. Jazmac is saying he doesn't like their business practices and you go "well, they treat their employees ok and at least they're available worldwide." What do those two things have to do with each other?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

And it doesn't matter.

So what OS do computers use outside the US? Is there a Euro or Asian OS that I've never heard of? Maybe Macs have a 95% share elsewhere.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If MS really wants to be a significant player is the mobile phone space they have to do what Samsung did and spend a boat load of cash marketing, I dont think the new CEO thinks that WP is worth spending the amount of cash that it will take to win the mind share of consumers so they ditch their current phone and platform and switch to WP. We need to hearing and seeing WP all day and all night for months on end following a product launch on all carriers at the same time all over the world, period.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If MS really wants to be a significant player is the mobile phone space they have to do what Samsung did and spend a boat load of cash marketing, I dont think the new CEO thinks that WP is worth spending the amount of cash that it will take to win the mind share of consumers so they ditch their current phone and platform and switch to WP. We need to hearing and seeing WP all day and all night for months on end following a product launch on all carriers at the same time all over the world, period.
I agree but more than anything, I want them to do something so unexpected when they drop the next flagship, and I do believe there will be one, we won't stop talking about it for months. And bloggers will finally say, "Is that Microsoft?" What I absolutely hope for is a phone that is all aluminum, sexy, powerful, striking and relentlessly badass. Almost the last phone you will every buy type thing. Outside the box where it doesn't compare to any phone they have ever conceived.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree with that, but it has to be so good & have such a wow factor that people will be willing to change platforms, see it's not just about the phone anymore it's also the ecosystems. Unfortunately unless there is some crazy security breech or Google gets exposed for doing some crazy **** you won't ever see an Android user who is entrenched in the Google ecosystem & uses Google services to change to a ecosystem that does not have Google services and apps, Google knows this that's why they do not & will not have apps for WP. They know as soon as they do they will loose customers because it will be a lot easier to switch.

Right now is like the early 90's of the desktop computer era where Apple is still apple, Android is Windows & WP is OS/2 or Linux. It didn't workout to good for OS/2 and Linux is very niche product although very good no application were written for it & it became a vicious cycle of no apps because no market share & no market share because of no apps. After a few years the other OS's became entrenched & consumers already spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on applications and it did not matter if more apps were available as it was too late. You can see this every time there is a commercial on TV that shows an app available for Android or IOS & not for WP. Every time a smartphone user see's that it reinforces the mind-share for IOS & Android & looses it for WP.

As much as I hate to admit it, W10 is the last chance for Windows Phone to gain mind share & then market share, but MS has to spend a whole lot of cash plus have a "killer" halo phone & very good mid range & low end phones available on all carriers at the same time to pull it off. Other wise plan "B" would be switch to Android as an OS & release a Phone with a windows phone skin with all MS services pre-installed as the default(don't even know if that is possible, I know Google services have to be on the phone also) Cortana, Bing, Live Tiles, etc... Either case they need to get people entrenched in their ecosystem to gain mind & market share.

They also need to bundle phones with tablet & laptop purchases like I see Samsung doing now for W10 launch. Buy a windows phone & get a W10 tablet free or buy a tablet or laptop & get a 535 or 640 free, the only problem is the phone & tablet needs to be available on all carriers for it to work effectively. This would be killer for their enterprise customers. For example buy 500 computers or licenses of W10 and get 500, 640 or 640 XL free for your employee phones.

In any case like I said before they "WILL" have to spend a lot of money & I mean "A LOT" for a sustained "Shock & Awe" ad campaign for several months if not a full year & paying carriers to not have exclusive phones & have the same phone on all carriers at the same time.

Last edited:

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
So what OS do computers use outside the US? Is there a Euro or Asian OS that I've never heard of? Maybe Macs have a 95% share elsewhere.

You and I both know I wasn't talking about OS. It's about online services.
OS is the only MS product which I respect most. I can't imagine my PC(or Laptop) without Windows.

I don't understand what on earth you are talking about. Jazmac is saying he doesn't like their business practices and you go "well, they treat their employees ok and at least they're available worldwide." What do those two things have to do with each other?

because i was talking about what world think about Google and he is talking about "what he think about Google". It was for those who think Google is most evil company but in reality it's most respectable company..
Google business practices are legal and if he don't like then that's his problem. I don't have any problem with that. Neither most of world.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You and I both know I wasn't talking about OS. It's about online services.

So Office Online, Onedrive, Lync, etc. only work in the US? Everybody outside the Red, White and Blue uses Google services? C'mon, let's be reasonable. Google ain't all that.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
So Office Online, Onedrive, Lync, etc. only work in the US? Everybody outside the Red, White and Blue uses Google services? C'mon, let's be reasonable. Google ain't all that.

Do you ever remember something call bing and maps?
They total su*k outside USA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077