Should MSFT ban google services on windows!!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
the services which i use most are the basis of my arguments.(Search engine & maps)

Google Search and Google Maps trumps any online services that Microsoft offers according to you. That's your argument, I believe you've even specified it. I'll leave it there and maybe let others chime in because I just don't have the words to challenge that.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
[B[/B]
Google Search and Google Maps trumps any online services that Microsoft offers according to you. That's your argument, I believe you've even specified it. I'll leave it there and maybe let others chime in because I just don't have the words to challenge that.

No it's not only that. All MS promotion activity are solely focused on USA only.
bing.jpg
Services might not available in many countries but all MS services USA not only that the best promotion activities also available in USA only.(like bing rewards, 100 GB free onedrive space etc)

MS services quality are top notch in USA but for other countries it's average or below average.(Not so long MS fan change their region to USA to get better bing results).
When MS think they reached saturation in USA then they think about other countries.
Take any services(which based on normally regions) take Xbox services. How many countries Xbox music is available? 22 i think but almost 50% of song are available in Xbox music are USA.
Sir,You know the surface but don't know what is at below.

First you need to research MS services for USA vs MS services for Non USA countries.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting a couple of Android devices next week, and I'm going to use them in addition to, not instead of my Windows devices (PCs/tablet/Windows Phone). This is just because I love tech gadgets and can never have enough. :cool:

I'm going to use Bing Search on Android, as well as Here Maps on Android.

Kovaelin

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I actually think that Google's search engine has become worse over the years. Every search engine, really. With more effort going into trying to predict what the user wants, many sources of information are now being bumped or just omitted. Sure, it all looks nicer, organized, and easy to access, but also very limited. This is especially apparent in image searches. No wonder everyone's now talking about the "dark side" of the internet now; it's getting more and more difficult to see past the popular results.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting a couple of Android devices next week, and I'm going to use them in addition to, not instead of my Windows devices (PCs/tablet/Windows Phone). This is just because I love tech gadgets and can never have enough. :cool:

Interesting! Do you know what you're planning to get?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

If I were you I would look at a Nexus device, root it and flash it with Cyanogenmod unless you need Google services.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
[B[/B]

No it's not only that. All MS promotion activity are solely focused on USA only.
View attachment 99699
Services might not available in many countries but all MS services USA not only that the best promotion activities also available in USA only.(like bing rewards, 100 GB free onedrive space etc)

MS services quality are top notch in USA but for other countries it's average or below average.(Not so long MS fan change their region to USA to get better bing results).
When MS think they reached saturation in USA then they think about other countries.
Take any services(which based on normally regions) take Xbox services. How many countries Xbox music is available? 22 i think but almost 50% of song are available in Xbox music are USA.
Sir,You know the surface but don't know what is at below.

First you need to research MS services for USA vs MS services for Non USA countries.

You might want to check that again as it's not US only any more.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Even so, 100GB is 100GB. Doesn't matter about the conditions.

Yeah! Unless you have dropbox a/c.

Atleast USA users doesn't have this condition.

If you see little carefully this 100gb scheme is only for dropbox users not for normal users.

So for the most users it is as good as it doesn't exist.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah! Unless you have dropbox a/c.

Atleast USA users doesn't have this condition.

If you see little carefully this 100gb scheme is only for dropbox users not for normal users.

So for the most users it is as good as it doesn't exist.

I don't know what deal you're looking at but I got 100GB of space for my OneDrive account, not Dropbox.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I think No. MS is a mature company and I don't think they will act childish by banning google services on Windows. Sure Google somewhat deters making an app to Windows Phone. Their reason is valid for now as there a few WP market share.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo