The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-23-2015 03:34 AM
48 12
tools
    Oh! Wait
    One more addition to this from Microsoft.
    Cortana heading to iOS and Android 😳
    http://www.windowscentral.com/micros...os-and-android
    Is there anything left in WP which is not available on competing OS?

I am just wondering when Microsoft will announce that "Windows is heading to Android and iOS."
    03-13-2015 04:24 PM
    Is there anything left in WP which is not available on competing OS?

I am just wondering when Microsoft will announce that "Windows is heading to Android and iOS."
    Yeah, Office Lens, Office Remote, and Foundbite come to mind as great exclusives. Game wise we have Halo.
    03-13-2015 04:31 PM
    Yeah, Office Lens, Office Remote, and Foundbite come to mind as great exclusives. Game wise we have Halo.
    We also have AoE: Castle Seige.
    03-13-2015 08:33 PM
    Many games.
    03-13-2015 08:35 PM
    Disqus is also exclusive to Windows Phone.
    03-13-2015 10:07 PM
    You mean Nokia N1
    Both I guess, they're both Nokia Android devices.
    03-15-2015 06:00 PM
    Go to here.com and see if you can find where they mention it is available for Windows Phone or Windows 8... hint, you have to click "learn more" under the Android and iOS links, then scroll to the bottom of the page talking about Andriod and iOS, and finally in plain text at the bottom it says "Try HERE on other devices".
    That is cold.
    03-17-2015 04:23 PM
    Go to here.com and see if you can find where they mention it is available for Windows Phone or Windows 8... hint, you have to click "learn more" under the Android and iOS links, then scroll to the bottom of the page talking about Andriod and iOS, and finally in plain text at the bottom it says "Try HERE on other devices".
    That is cold.
    Check out the mobile version of the site. screenshot_2015-03-17-21-54-38.png
    neo158 likes this.
    03-17-2015 09:00 PM
    Check out the mobile version of the site. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-17-21-54-38.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	99916
    Hey, is this android your primary or secondary phone? 👆
    03-18-2015 08:55 AM
    well when i got a 1520 there were several factors which made me get it over an android or iPhone flagship.
    major ones were
    1)made by Nokia
    2)offline maps comparable to g maps quality which was necessary for me but not available on android or iOS at that time
    3)outstanding camera
    4)best office suite in a phone
    5)best hardware available at that time and all perks like sd card ,glance

these were the major factors which tipped the needle towards a 1520, even though some apps were missing and some annoyance in wp8 like no file manager and all.now maybe next year when i look to get a phone is there anything that will tip the needle towards wp?i don't think so as even microsoft services are better on other platforms.i think that will be the case with most neutral users unless ur a hardcore wp fan no matter what.
    03-18-2015 09:43 AM
    Hey, is this android your primary or secondary phone? 👆
    It's a secondary device, but I just got it a couple days ago, so I'll be using it quite a bit before switching back to my 920.
    03-18-2015 12:51 PM
    Been using it on the iphone work make me use. Seems fine. Downloaded maps helps me alot a work.
    03-18-2015 12:54 PM
    1. Nokia sold their phone division to Microsoft. They now have no reason to be loyal to WP. Why would they *not* release Here maps for iOS and Andriod?

2. I downloaded Here maps for my Moto G a while ago. Can't really see what the fuss is about. In my area (at least) it's not particularly accurate, and it's very heavily focussed on driving, which is not very useful in a city centre. Don't get me wrong - it's OK and it's good to have some competition, but it's hard to get very excited about it.
    03-22-2015 01:57 PM
    Have to say, used here on a galaxy s5 (Sammy had the android exclusive) and an iphone 6 plus and the implementation is solid (in the UK, where I used it). Well done Nokia for not resting on their laurels.
    03-22-2015 02:01 PM
    Here maps on iOS is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-22-2015 03:38 PM
    I could be wrong but I believe there's a few more features on the HERE Android app as well. Like alternate routes and traffic camera notifications.
    I really hope they didn't include traffic camera notifications. These cameras are there to catch dangerous criminals. It should not be allowed to warn drivers of their locations.
    03-22-2015 03:43 PM
    The city of Cleveland voters chose to repeal traffic cameras in our election last November. The measure passed overwhelmingly. The cameras were shut off the day after the election.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    03-22-2015 04:03 PM
    The city of Cleveland voters chose to repeal traffic cameras in our election last November. The measure passed overwhelmingly. The cameras were shut off the day after the election.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Then please be careful out there.
    And also don't speed. It kills people, and others with life changing injuries.
    Last edited by anony_mouse; 03-22-2015 at 04:36 PM.
    03-22-2015 04:18 PM
    I really hope they didn't include traffic camera notifications. These cameras are there to catch dangerous criminals. It should not be allowed to warn drivers of their locations.
    Yes it warns of stationary speed camera locations but it doesn't warn of police police cameras. The stationary ones are easily found online and they usually have warnings about them prior to you getting to them.

There's many thoughts of weather or not stationary speed cameras have any effect.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-22-2015 04:53 PM
    There's many thoughts of weather or not stationary speed cameras have any effect.
    Surely catching criminals has a deterent effect? And takes those criminals off the streets?
    03-22-2015 05:03 PM
    Surely catching criminals has a deterent effect? And takes those criminals off the streets?
    I think calling people who speed criminals is a bit extreme don't you think? There's a huge difference between aggressive behaviour and speeding and doing a couple of miles over the speed limit. Also there's a point system to a driver's licence so one ticket or even two isn't going to get someone off the street and 99% of the time most people are just following the flow of traffic. Which I think is safer rather than having traffic jams caused by people suddenly breaking in front of you. Which has happened to me on many occasions even when the speed limit is being followed.

Since stationary cameras get well known and most people who travel those roads know where they are. So they become pointless. Which begs the question of what exactly are they doing except catching those who don't know where they are. Most people think they're nothing but revenue raisers. Which I partly agree with.

I believe in safe driving and I think concentrating on getting aggressive drivers off the streets is more important than giving tickets to people just for doing 5 to 10 miles over the speed limit (typical speeding). I also think getting drunk drivers or those on drugs, both a problem, off the street is far more important.

Yes there are lots of people doing stupid things on the road, there are many who shouldn't be driving, I won't disagree with that, but doing a little over the speed limit isn't going to kill anyone. Someone driving drunk or on drugs or aggressively will.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 03-23-2015 at 03:39 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-23-2015 03:02 AM
    In Ohio, the traffic camera tickets are a civil, not a criminal offense. A traffic ticket issued by a police officer is a minor misdemeanor. A ticket issued by a camera is a civil matter, not a criminal offense.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-23-2015 03:10 AM
    In Ohio, the traffic camera tickets are a civil, not a criminal offense. A traffic ticket issued by a police officer is a minor misdemeanor. A ticket issued by a camera is a civil matter, not a criminal offense.
    It's the same here. Speeding, unless it's extreme, is not a criminal offence and doesn't effect your record. I think that's the same in most countries where there are laws.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-23-2015 03:34 AM
48 12