Nokia launched HERE app for Android and iOS 😵

sanjeet_deshwal

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Now , they have MixRadio , MSN apps, HERE apps (maybe better all in one app) , office app , outlook app .
Only Live Tiles are left , wait for couple of months and Microsoft will launch an android launcher for Live Tiles :p

Nothing is left now for WP users to show off with infront of others . :D

*Time to merge Microsoft hardware with Android OS*
#Lumia1530runningANDROID

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Why is always about showing off? I keep hearing this and don't quite get it.

Can't you just like the OS for what it is and enjoy it? It's about the experience, which is different to Android.

If you think Android/iOS is better than get either of those two.

So there's nothing exclusive. Who cares? It's up to MS to sort out how to get users to it's platform not us. They're the ones out to make money from it not me or you. They're the billion $ corporation that should be sorting this out, not us. I don't get paid to advertise for them.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Why is always about showing off? I keep hearing this and don't quite get it.

Can't you just like the OS for what it is and enjoy it? It's about the experience, which is different to Android.

If you think Android/iOS is better than get either of those two.

So there's nothing exclusive. Who cares? It's up to MS to sort out how to get users to it's platform not us. They're the ones out to make money from it not me or you. They're the billion $ corporation that should be sorting this out, not us. I don't get paid to advertise for them.

Well I agree, but...( I know there's that 'but' again). But their apps are noticeably better on the other side which is unfair and doesn't make sense. Well I am not starting any arguments here cause I use multiple os and I benefit from it as well , its just a little unfair for WP users.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Why the need to show off??
How about use what works, and do what you do best. The best thing you could do is be the best "You" that you can be, and not worry what others do, use, or think.

The only thing I have trouble getting past is a Windows Smart Watch. Please don't say The Band is a good thing........because it is not for me, nor do I even like the looks of it. If fitness is your thing, fill your boots with the band. However it is not a Watch, it has watch function, but it lacks a Watch Face.

Both iOS and Android have Watch face watches......some which I like, but I just don't want to leave my Windows Phone.

Oh well maybe one day Microsoft will get it's **** in gear and dip their toe in the Watch game.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
AFAIK, it will be a Foxconn produced phone branded under Nokia.

That's what iPhones are. It's not automatically a bad thing. But starting next year Nokia could manufacture their own. The problem is that they no longer have the infrastructure. Maybe they could buy back the factories that Microsoft is shutting down!

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's what iPhones are. It's not automatically a bad thing. But starting next year Nokia could manufacture their own. The problem is that they no longer have the infrastructure. Maybe they could buy back the factories that Microsoft is shutting down!

Well Nokia has a big factory here in India which was not transferred to MSFT. So they have some factories.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Now , they have MixRadio , MSN apps, HERE apps (maybe better all in one app) , office app , outlook app .
Only Live Tiles are left , wait for couple of months and Microsoft will launch an android launcher for Live Tiles :p

*Time to merge Microsoft hardware with Android OS*
#Lumia1530runningANDROID

Yup.. But I think you are preaching to the choir here. Call Microsoft and complain about to them.

You have to remember.... Microsoft is not your regular phone oem. They are a software company first thing and will squeeze every dollar out of what software they have to who ever will buy it or license it to use regardless of what platform it's on whenever they decide to . That is something that many of us have to learn to deal with.

I honestly don't see them giving away the full benefits of live tiles to anyone else nor do I think Cortana will show up elsewhere anytime soon. Eventually perhaps but not anytime soon though.

If your phone is fast and fluid and looks awesome in how it is set up be happy with it and continue to show it off if especially if you enjoy doing this. It still doesn't look like any other platforms and many people have never even seen a Windows phone in the first place.

Posted from my HTC M8

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't iPhones designed by Apple and produced by Foxconn? I think that's the difference? New Nokias would only be Nokia by branding, everything else would be entirely Foxconn?

Well I might be wrong, but it seems like this is the case. It does suck to see Android on a "Nokia" though. Will definitely miss the days of Lumia 800 "Sea Ray".

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't iPhones designed by Apple and produced by Foxconn? I think that's the difference? New Nokias would only be Nokia by branding, everything else would be entirely Foxconn?

I thought Nokia was at least partially involved. I just don't know the extent of their involvement in the design of the N1 and the possible upcoming Android phone.

But yes, I believe you're correct about the iPhone.

k12000lt

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Whatever it may, it will be worth a try. We all did to MS. For some it was great for other it was worst. For me, I would definitely stick to Nokia because of their superb hardware. I did not like WP because of the typical BETA feel it has. Then Nokia + Android will be for me.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Well I might be wrong, but it seems like this is the case. It does suck to see Android on a "Nokia" though. Will definitely miss the days of Lumia 800 "Sea Ray".

Well Nokia clearly said that Foxconn will only produce phones but they will be designed by Nokia itself. So it's the same thing as Apple.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I find the headline of this article great, I don't understand your concerns.

I don't think that I'm the only one here, but every time I have to tell someone for example that here maps GPS function
don't need data connection I don't feel nice, on the contrary, I feel like some special kind of dork/nerd etc.
(what can I say, maybe I feel this way because I hate bragging in general)

Now my friends can download Here Maps that will help them save data for other things, which is great!
Also I CHOSE windows phone because of the overall experience and not the apps,
I can tell you for sure that even if every current triple A Windows Phone app (like Tubecast, sofascore, Core Music player and such)
stop supporting WP, I would find it extremely difficult to move back to Android (I would probably move to BB).

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Android alone have billion users base.

and iOS also have very strong user base.

This much strong base not only forcing MS but Nokia too to make available their services.
Do you think company like MS and Nokia can afford to lose billion users base platform???

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Android alone have billion users base.

and iOS also have very strong user base.

This much strong base not only forcing MS but Nokia too to make available their services.
Do you think company like MS and Nokia can afford to lose billion users base platform???

That's exactly it and I've played around with HERE on Android and TBH the only two things that are different is that all the apps are combined into one and the interface is more like Google Maps but the mapping data is identical.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo