Nokia launched HERE app for Android and iOS 😵

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I could be wrong but I believe there's a few more features on the HERE Android app as well. Like alternate routes and traffic camera notifications.

I really hope they didn't include traffic camera notifications. These cameras are there to catch dangerous criminals. It should not be allowed to warn drivers of their locations.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The city of Cleveland voters chose to repeal traffic cameras in our election last November. The measure passed overwhelmingly. The cameras were shut off the day after the election.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
The city of Cleveland voters chose to repeal traffic cameras in our election last November. The measure passed overwhelmingly. The cameras were shut off the day after the election.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Then please be careful out there.
And also don't speed. It kills people, and others with life changing injuries.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I really hope they didn't include traffic camera notifications. These cameras are there to catch dangerous criminals. It should not be allowed to warn drivers of their locations.

Yes it warns of stationary speed camera locations but it doesn't warn of police police cameras. The stationary ones are easily found online and they usually have warnings about them prior to you getting to them.

There's many thoughts of weather or not stationary speed cameras have any effect.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Surely catching criminals has a deterent effect? And takes those criminals off the streets?

I think calling people who speed criminals is a bit extreme don't you think? There's a huge difference between aggressive behaviour and speeding and doing a couple of miles over the speed limit. Also there's a point system to a driver's licence so one ticket or even two isn't going to get someone off the street and 99% of the time most people are just following the flow of traffic. Which I think is safer rather than having traffic jams caused by people suddenly breaking in front of you. Which has happened to me on many occasions even when the speed limit is being followed.

Since stationary cameras get well known and most people who travel those roads know where they are. So they become pointless. Which begs the question of what exactly are they doing except catching those who don't know where they are. Most people think they're nothing but revenue raisers. Which I partly agree with.

I believe in safe driving and I think concentrating on getting aggressive drivers off the streets is more important than giving tickets to people just for doing 5 to 10 miles over the speed limit (typical speeding). I also think getting drunk drivers or those on drugs, both a problem, off the street is far more important.

Yes there are lots of people doing stupid things on the road, there are many who shouldn't be driving, I won't disagree with that, but doing a little over the speed limit isn't going to kill anyone. Someone driving drunk or on drugs or aggressively will.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
In Ohio, the traffic camera tickets are a civil, not a criminal offense. A traffic ticket issued by a police officer is a minor misdemeanor. A ticket issued by a camera is a civil matter, not a criminal offense.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
In Ohio, the traffic camera tickets are a civil, not a criminal offense. A traffic ticket issued by a police officer is a minor misdemeanor. A ticket issued by a camera is a civil matter, not a criminal offense.

It's the same here. Speeding, unless it's extreme, is not a criminal offence and doesn't effect your record. I think that's the same in most countries where there are laws.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb