Nintendo announces mobile games!!!!

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing he's referring to windows phone having another nail in a already nail ridden coffin.

This is great for Nintendo, hopefully they won't be foolish enough to only support those platforms.

several potatos

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, we could start a petition to ask them to bring their games to Windows 10 devices as universal apps. They might do so to jump on the potential of a w10 tablet market flood.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, we could start a petition to ask them to bring their games to Windows 10 devices as universal apps. They might do so to jump on the potential of a w10 tablet market flood.

This is where I'm completely baffled by companies refusing to support Windows phone. Every Windows PC, tablet and phone will be able to run a variation of each app. You practically have 3 chances at each user. One is bound to take. But they turn their nose up at "market share". How about the actual numbers?

Also, yes, start that petition on change.org. I've got a thread here to organize app requests so that we are all putting in requests in volume but I've neglected it. Check my signature and come post in the thread. I'll promise to be diligent about it if it means more participation.

(meaning I'll tell my fiancee to stop Bogarting the computer!)

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Who cares about Nintendo? There were great 20 years ago but if you see what they are producing now... It's just repetitive games over and over again... And games systems that are over priced and people have little interest on it.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
But of course.... At least according to CNET.... Their focus will be android/ios. Another nail in the coffin!

I think it's more Nintendo coffin... since gaming is the sole occupation of this company and the 3DS is barely the only profitable product of Nintendo, they finally realize that diversify their product line to other platforms as the only way to survive. Just hope their new strategy works since i have a strong love - hate relationship with Nintendo... and about the apparent lack of support of W10, i think eventually the Nintendo mobile games will land for W10 since Windows tablets are getting more attention.

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Who cares about Nintendo? There were great 20 years ago but if you see what they are producing now... It's just repetitive games over and over again... And games systems that are over priced and people have little interest on it.

Sorry.... But you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Sorry.... But you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Do you see what they are releasing as games are concerned? Games that are almost the same from the previous one... Nothing new from scratch... Look at the Mario games... Same game over and over again with just a few different environment but same thing.

pericle

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Do you see what they are releasing as games are concerned? Games that are almost the same from the previous one... Nothing new from scratch... Look at the Mario games... Same game over and over again with just a few different environment but same thing.
A person who makes a comment like this is someone who has never played a Mario game.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Nintendo make pretty fun multiplayer (couch) / family games which could be seen as somewhat educational too. For instance Wii Sports (Golf) + Mario Tennis taught the younger gen about the scoring system and had actually inspired a few to take up the sport (tennis of course, not golf...lol).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure since Nintendo America is situated in Redmond as well the windows team could just "drop by" :p.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Considering
1) Low market share
2) Direct console competitors

It makes total sense why Nintendo isn't going to help Microsoft sell more Windows devices.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Considering
1) Low market share
2) Direct console competitors

It makes total sense why Nintendo isn't going to help Microsoft sell more Windows devices.

True, however the sticking point I would say is by supporting Android in extension they are helping Sony sell more Sony devices :p.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
A few things we'd have to consider for the Nintendo move:

1. While direct ports are out of the question for the Nintendo-DeNA partnership, games in alignment with the Touch Generation style found on the DS may make the cut. Stuff like the Brain Training series or Nintendogs.
Minigame collections may also take the jump. Remember that Nintendo pulled off quite a lot of these on the DS (and a lot of them would make the transition fairly easily, too. They just have to be optimized for multi-touch, perhaps, but that's a small thing.

Nintendo may have already been testing to see how this model would fare with its fans with Rusty's Real Deal Baseball.

2. We may also see pay-to-win stuff much in line with what the DeNA mobile division has been putting out. To give you an idea, their mobile division is named Mobage. They also went into a partnership with Disney, and this is the route they also took with their games.

Nintendo has been testing this model out lately with Steel Diver: Sub Wars, and Pok?mon Shuffle.

3. Mobage on its own has not yet published any titles on Windows Phone, as far as I know. Well, Windows Phone may as well be consigned to a fate of <1% market share in Japan, so I think it's rather unlikely for us to see some benefit from this partnership.

I'd love to play Pok?mon Shuffle on my phone, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett