Microsoft ceo uses an apple iPhone ?

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
How does the fact that he is in america change anything?

It changes quite a lot actually. For example all phones shipped in Russia come stock with a picture of President Putin. You can change it over to other pictures of Putin, but let's face it. The US gives you more freedoms as to which background you can use. (Or phone for that matter.)

Getting back on topic though. I don't think that Satya using a competitor's phone has any message at all. Microsoft services ship on all major mobile OS's these days. Or maybe he does it to confuse us.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't disagree more. The "face of the franchise" is in charge of creating the vision for the company. He needs to know what he's up against before laying the groundwork for the "next big thing".

Wow, i guess there is no one he trusts below him to give an honest evaluation of windows phone vs the competition. You would think the majority of these moves are a team effort. You guys make it sound like Satya is a one man band.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow, i guess there is no one he trusts below him to give an honest evaluation of windows phone vs the competition. You would think the majority of these moves are a team effort. You guys make it sound like Satya is a one man band.

Lee Iacocca was one of the most brilliant minds ever in business. But even he couldn't launch the Mustang without Henry Ford II's tacit approval. Later when he was the boss at Chrysler, it was Iacocca who spearheaded the K-car efforts and then the Caravans. It was that up-front, in your face leadership that brought Chrysler out of ruins in the early 80s. Steve Jobs was no different. He didn't just sit in his office and listen to his managers pitch ideas at him.

It's not a matter of trust in your subordinates, it's about being the leader of an organization. If a CEO goes by a report submitted by a mid-level manager, then it's that person's vision which guides the company.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Lee Iacocca was one of the most brilliant minds ever in business. But even he couldn't launch the Mustang without Henry Ford II's tacit approval. Later when he was the boss at Chrysler, it was Iacocca who spearheaded the K-car efforts and then the Caravans. It was that up-front, in your face leadership that brought Chrysler out of ruins in the early 80s. Steve Jobs was no different. He didn't just sit in his office and listen to his managers pitch ideas at him.

It's not a matter of trust in your subordinates, it's about being the leader of an organization. If a CEO goes by a report submitted by a mid-level manager, then it's that person's vision which guides the company.
If Lee imacorker would have been seen driving a Chevrolet when he worked for Ford or a Toyota when he went begging for money to bail-out Chrysler, they would have tossed him out on his arse. This guy isn't smart enough to at least use the competition's phone behind closed doors. At this point he doesn't show me a whole lot of Lee I. or Steve J. Heck, Balmer might have a better leader. Time will tell.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If Lee imacorker would have been seen driving a Chevrolet when he worked for Ford or a Toyota when he went begging for money to bail-out Chrysler, they would have tossed him out on his arse. This guy isn't smart enough to at least use the competition's phone behind closed doors. At this point he doesn't show me a whole lot of Lee I. or Steve J. Heck, Balmer might have a better leader. Time will tell.

I know Google ain't hurting. Think Schmidt isn't smart enough to use a competitors phone behind closed doors?

Guess who still uses a BlackBerry? (A BlackBerry Bold 9900 to be exact)

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I know Google ain't hurting. Think Schmidt isn't smart enough to use a competitors phone behind closed doors?

Guess who still uses a BlackBerry? (A BlackBerry Bold 9900 to be exact)

My mom . She has the Verizon version but never gone to US.in face we live in Indonesia.

My dad using Lumia.

I'm a Java developers and I'm using Lumia too.

My brother is the hardcore CoC and Droid fans and he using Lumia too.

My girlfriend can't using mac but having iPhone. While my best friend is graphics designer who use mac and using Lumia too.

Sometimes your phone has no relation with your jobs