To paraphrase The Church Lady, isn't this special?

Nokia in Talks to Buy Alcatel-Lucent - WSJ

It would be great to see Palm reborn wearing Nokia hardware.
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-14-2015 11:40 AM
    It is an interesting bit of news and it was already discussed on an article here ar WC.
    Nokia in talks with Alcatel-Lucent for possible acquisition, but not to make new phones | Windows Central
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-14-2015 11:59 AM

Didn't LG buy webOS?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-14-2015 12:30 PM
    I think everyone has owned webOS at some point....
    hotphil likes this.
    04-14-2015 12:43 PM
    yeah, WebOS has been passed around like a decade old fruitcake. also, the Palm name is now like Commodore, Atari or Amiga. It can be slapped on new hardware, but it still wouldn't be the company of old.
    04-14-2015 12:50 PM
    Didn't LG buy webOS?

Yes, they bought webOS, but not the Palm name or any of their previous work. Alcatel bought the Palm property from HP. I know, it's a convoluted mess with Access owning Garnet (formerly PalmOS).
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-14-2015 12:57 PM

My issue is your link wants me to subscribe or log in. Dirty pool, man. Not gonna happen. So I'll never know what the article said. I understand print media is dying, but coercing me into coughing up an email address is not a viable solution, IMHO.
    Guytronic and jmshub like this.
    04-14-2015 01:25 PM
    My issue is your link wants me to subscribe or log in. Dirty pool, man. Not gonna happen. So I'll never know what the article said. I understand print media is dying, but coercing me into coughing up an email address is not a viable solution, IMHO.
    WSJ is weird that way. Sometimes I'll see an article from WSJ that is on Bing News or Google News and I'll be able to read it in its entirety, despite not being a subscriber. Then I'll share the link with a friend, but he or she gets the message that subscription is required.

tgp, Guytronic and fatclue_98 like this.
    04-14-2015 01:30 PM
    My issue is your link wants me to subscribe or log in.
    I guess Laura and I have the same problem. I'll know not to share anymore WSJ articles.
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    04-14-2015 01:40 PM
    For the record... The dirty pool comment was ain=med at WSJ not fatclue_98.

I'm just tired of all these places on the web grabbing at me like a tug of war.

Which reminds me of this recent news: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.2183409
    Guytronic, jmshub and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-14-2015 02:01 PM
    ;)

I still think MS should have bought palm for the patents... Yeah, they would have killed off webOS faster than HP, but they'd have a bigger patent portfolio.

I miss my Pre 2 😢
    04-14-2015 02:26 PM
    ;)

I still think MS should have bought palm for the patents... Yeah, they would have killed off webOS faster than HP, but they'd have a bigger patent portfolio.

I miss my Pre 2 😢
    Maybe they would've been able to incorporate the features of webOS into Windows Phone if they had the patents.

RumoredNow and sinime like this.
    04-14-2015 02:29 PM
    For the record... The dirty pool comment was ain=med at WSJ not fatclue_98.

I'm just tired of all these places on the web grabbing at me like a tug of war.

Which reminds me of this recent news: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.2183409
    I knew that. I wouldn't have knowingly pasted a phishing link to you or anyone else. I know better now.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    04-14-2015 06:03 PM
    Maybe they would've been able to incorporate the features of webOS into Windows Phone if they had the patents.

That would have been something.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    04-14-2015 06:04 PM
    ;)

I miss my Pre 2 😢
    Way back at the end of Win Mobile, more than a few seriously suggested that is exactly what Microsoft should have done: Buy Palm and make webOS their own, or fork/skin Android...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-14-2015 06:21 PM
    Until this news broke, I didn't know (or else I forgot) that Alcatel-Lucent is the owner of the famed Bell Laboratories. It would be cool for a company as storied as Nokia to be the owners of Bell Labs, an equally important company in the history of technology.
    04-16-2015 07:45 PM
    New Nokias using WebOS would be cool, but Nokias using BlackBerry 10 OS would likely sway me from Windows Phone, bring it on!
    04-20-2015 12:16 PM
    New Nokias using WebOS would be cool, but Nokias using BlackBerry 10 OS would likely sway me from Windows Phone, bring it on!

BB 10 on this 1520 would be interesting indeed.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-25-2015 06:12 PM