Microsoft improves Bing image search for Android and iOS

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
What on earth are MS up to?
Improving Bing image search for those OSes? Let's count the number of iOS/Android users we know who use Bing. And use it for image search. Hmmmmm, if we hit double-figures I'll choke.
If this isn't a massive, massive hint of what MS thinks is the future of Windows on phone handsets, I don't know what is.
Lumias - get 'em while they still exist.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Guys... When Microsoft improves Bing, it automatically gets improved for us because Bing is built into the OS... Unlike Android and IOS. The upgrade they got was something we probably had for awhile now without realizing it.

Edit: Or not. Next time, I should read the article that's posted.... Darn those OS's getting cool stuff before us (though I bet it'll be in an upcoming Windows 10 update, since again, Bing is built into the OS, as one of the core features).

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
This is getting intense levels of facepalm if people are genuinely upset that Microsoft is making Bing better.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Let's count the number of iOS/Android users we know who use Bing. And use it for image search. Hmmmmm, if we hit double-figures I'll choke.

Considering market share, the absolute numbers are probably higher on iOS/Android than they are on WP.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OK... I have not once thus far weighed in on the doom and gloom side of any of the myriad threads about iOS/Android get preferential Microsoft App treatment...

Until now.

They just gave me back more than 30 image results after taking it away fro no reason. Don't get me wrong... I'm happy to be able to scroll more than 30 images on my phone again via Bing.

But the new feature shown in the video? That is a "wow" feature that should have unveiled on WP first.

Whoever put that on iOS/Android before Windows Phone or Windows Desktop (IE) needs to be sacked and NO GOLDEN PARACHUTE.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans