Frustrated To Be A Microsoft Fan Right Now?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I never will understand why Microsoft didn't put pressure on HTC to keep the HD2 alive.

I don't know that it was HTC who buried the Leo. From what I've read, Microsoft was already hellbent on WP7. In my humblest opinion, WM6.5.3 was awesome on the Leo and eschewing the stylus showed that with the right skin, WinMo was more than a match for iOS and Android. There were only 3 WinMo devices that ran on the 1gHz Hummingbird (LG Fathom & ExPO were the others) and there was none of the freezing and resets like on previous devices. Oh well, water under the bridge I guess.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Ahhh...the Leo... Had the TP2(rhodium) and the Leo at the same time...the 1ghz Snapdragon made all the difference.

Edit: TMo killed the Leo, they got it 6 months after Europe and then pushed the HD7.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I am "all in" with Microsoft and was as frustrated as you are -- until I got the iPhone 6 plus. Now I have the best of both worlds. The complete suite of Microsoft apps and a killer phone. I no longer have that uneasy feeling in my stomach. You know, that feeling in your gut that things are never really going to get better with Windows Phone. You can be an iPhone user and a Microsoft fan as well!

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Oh cool. I had the TP2, HD2 and the Dopod 838. All wonderful phones with no competition those days.
Posted on Lumia 1520 via Taptalk

Evronian

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I never will understand why Microsoft didn't put pressure on HTC to keep the HD2 alive.
You guys made me curious about this phone, believe it or not I didn't even know it existed. At that time I had a Motorola Milestone (European version of the Droid) with Android 2.1 and I just found a video on YouTube with a comparison between the Milestone and the HD2. The HTC looked great, bigger screen, better camera, better UI.. Pretty sure I would have chosen that over the Milestone.. But it's difficult to know a product if there's no marketing at all..

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
You guys made me curious about this phone, believe it or not I didn't even know it existed. At that time I had a Motorola Milestone (European version of the Droid) with Android 2.1 and I just found a video on YouTube with a comparison between the Milestone and the HD2. The HTC looked great, bigger screen, better camera, better UI.. Pretty sure I would have chosen that over the Milestone.. But it's difficult to know a product if there's no marketing at all..

Now imagine no limits on what you could do with that HD2....wake up and load WinMo 6.5......going out with friends Later, load Android ICS rom and off you go. Tomorrow you feel like Windows Phone 7 or 7.5. Or feeling real adventurous run a dual boot system...one from SD card. The hackers over at XDA did all sorts of wonderful stuff.
The Dark Forces Team took it to the extreme......

What a shock when this happened
htc-hd2-windows-8-rt-magldr.jpg

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Being a Windows Phone fan is like watching your best friend struggling with a life threatening disease. They're fighting and the doctors are trying all sorts of medications, but the indications all keep looking worse and worse.... and you start to ask the question... "How much longer does my friend have to live?"

Yea, upsetting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans