The Android rumor is FALSE (Tom Warren)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I'm confused, he didn't say it was false but not what we think. To me that confirms that today some form of android app integration will be announced!

qbnkelt

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Android apps on BlackBerry and the end of native development are the reasons I left BlackBerry.
I love my Lumia 1520 so I hope the same doesn't happen to Windows phones.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Android apps on BlackBerry and the end of native development are the reasons I left BlackBerry.
I love my Lumia 1520 so I hope the same doesn't happen to Windows phones.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

doesn't matter if it does or not as you still have a N4 and IPhone...

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Windows fans, stop freaking out about "Android apps on Windows 10." It?s not exactly what you think.

That doesn't sound to me like "the Android rumor is false." It sounds like he is confirming there will be some sort of announcement about Android apps and Windows 10, but that "it's not exactly what you think." "Not exactly" could mean it is very close or maybe not so much. Time will tell.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Maybe something like when you create an android app, you dont have to recreate the same for windows phone and the same can be used for the windows phone too?
i dont know much about developing so please spare me if I'm sounding kiddish.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Maybe something like when you create an android app, you dont have to recreate the same for windows phone and the same can be used for the windows phone too?
i dont know much about developing so please spare me if I'm sounding kiddish.

Even I am not too sure like everyone, but it could be an implementation mimicking what Nokia has done with their X series phones. Those X/X2/XL phones use Android apps but with Microsoft Service under third party app stores (No Google Play). I guess, MS is planning something like that for WP. Time will tell.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't sound to me like "the Android rumor is false." It sounds like he is confirming there will be some sort of announcement about Android apps and Windows 10, but that "it's not exactly what you think." "Not exactly" could mean it is very close or maybe not so much. Time will tell.

The rumor about WP will run android apps is false.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
From the Build presentation:

Microsoft has created some sort of "Android layer" that will be hosted in the Windows security container. In what was a super brief explanation, it will allow Android developers to reuse the same code for bringing it to WP.

AWESOME JOB, MICROSOFT.

This sounds like a step up from emulation in the sense that it's not pretending to be an Android phone, it's an actual WP app with the ability to take advantage of things like HERE. Hopefully we'll get a more detailed explanation tomorrow.

EDIT:

Here's a much better explanation

http://arstechnica.com/information-...rosoft-brings-android-ios-apps-to-windows-10/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos