Netmarketshare.com now shows windows phone market ~ 2.07 and I thought 3 was bad. How does this work?

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Netmarketshare.com now shows windows phone market ~ 2.07% and I thought 3% was bad.

Well with all statistics about win7 leading the desktop market, I saw phone one is now 2 % a week ago it was 2.7%. How does this thing works? Anyway it is really bad even symbian is beating us.
Screenshot (11).png

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Netmarketshare.com now shows windows phone market ~ 2.07% and I thought 3% was bad.

Must be a different statistics provider, can't see why it would drop by almost a third in a week as you put it, that's a heck of a lot of devices.

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Netmarketshare.com now shows windows phone market ~ 2.07% and I thought 3% was bad.

Yeah, it might be a different source of data, or the data has been selected from a different range of people.

For instance, WP market share is a fair bit higher in Europe than in the US, so if you collected data from these general regions and compared the findings the results would look quite different.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site

I like the website, but how reliable are these numbers?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

It doesn't seem to be measuring market share. Android is closer to 85% and iOS is about 12%, based on sales. Maybe it's measuring web or data usage?

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

I'm just happy using windows! Stats don't bother me or 99% of users

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

It doesn't seem to be measuring market share. Android is closer to 85% and iOS is about 12%, based on sales. Maybe it's measuring web or data usage?

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

I think it is web usage. None of these numbers seem right.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

different server (website) has different statistics, and different apps use different server too. They were not accurate, data show only how many user USE the specific app that has statistic API on it.

Draconica5

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

I'm just happy using windows! Stats don't bother me or 99% of users
Yes it will affect normal WP user due to Android/iOS propagandist using stat to make them switch to their OS.

P/s: my website (in Vietnam) analytics show WP share up to 8.46%, so yeah...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo