The Funniest Anti-W10 Article Yet

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Someone make a mirror of this link so we don't give the dude clicks. (there's a site that does this, I dont recall what though)

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Interesting complaints that I wouldn't have thought about... Vertical menus? How much of an abomination can Microsoft be?!
/end sarcasm

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
The review is useless, from a place I have never heard of, and an author who it would seem to be a never was.
I have an issue with someone who does a deep dive into an OS Alpha/Beta and sets out a review as if this were RTM version.

Best to avoid clicking the site as it's not worth the time to read.

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
BetaNews is an okay site, but that particular author is worthless. All his articles are heavily anti-Microsoft with click-bait headlines like that of the article mentioned. He deservedly gets called out for this by readers of the site in the Disqus comments.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
BetaNews have nothing but **** on their articles on Windows (Phone)

I hope in the near future, Cortana would be smart enough not to show them on my daily glance

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, there's nothing inherently wrong, but the way things have been implemented here is terrible. In order to click the network icon, you've already had to move your mouse to the bottom of the screen -- to select an item from the list you then need to move right back up the screen.
err.... I think all COMPUTERS act like it, don't it?

The same problem arises with notifications. Move your mouse down to the bottom of the screen and click the notification button and you're presented with a popup that occupies the full height of your screen. Once again, notifications are listed vertically and you can see at a glance anything that needs your attention. But should you need to interact with any of the entries in the list, you'll need to travel back up to the top of the screen -- why not start to populate the list from the bottom up rather than the top down?
All PC (Computer, Laptop, Tablet, Phone) act like this, even your A company designed like that too, this guys is stupid.

I stop reading it after that

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
IDK... There are always people who want everything changed to suit them personally. "I'm right, the world is wrong" fills the interwebz to overflowing. It's not news, it's blogness as usual.

RSDC

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Apple and Android users will always try to put an end to Windows legacy......Windows is the king and will emerge as KING to OS and mobile....

WP8_Lover

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, he whines from a desktop non-touchscreen interface. From that anti-future scenario, his complaints are kinda valid. But, the OS is design entirely with touch screen devices in mind. Even laptops can do reasonably well, as the trackpad gestures fill the void of the touchscreen. But, desktops, yes, the design and charms are a bit cumbersome.

PS: On a non-touch laptop.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Want to connect to a wireless network? Hit the network icon in the notification area and you'll be presented with a vertical list of available connections (vertical is a word -- or a notion -- that crops up again and again in Windows 10). What?s the problem with a vertical list? Well, there's nothing inherently wrong, but the way things have been implemented here is terrible. In order to click the network icon, you've already had to move your mouse to the bottom of the screen -- to select an item from the list you then need to move right back up the screen. Not a major hardship, you might say, but it's remarkably inefficient

What, is this guy's screen upside down or something? /S.

It has been like this since XP!

The same problem arises with notifications. Move your mouse down to the bottom of the screen and click the notification button and you're presented with a popup that occupies the full height of your screen. Once again, notifications are listed vertically and you can see at a glance anything that needs your attention. But should you need to interact with any of the entries in the list, you'll need to travel back up to the top of the screen -- why not start to populate the list from the bottom up rather than the top down?

This is an excellent example of something that might make sense on a touchscreen device, but is less meaningful on systems operated with traditional peripherals.

Hey, genius people read from the top down not the bottom up :grin::grincry:l.

I think I need to rinse my eyes with soap... before I end up doing this
bloody-keyboard-wreck-o.jpg

as they are aching from reading such.. drivel lol.:grincry:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
He might have a point about the need for excessive mouse movement. As such Elon Musk and I are proud to announce the first mouse with energy recovery capabilities. Its estimated that Windows 10 PC users will be able to cut their electric bills in half by using the recovered energy from mouse movements to power their homes.

DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Too much mouse movement? Are you that ******* lazy? Do you really need to complain about little things like that? That's exactly where I stopped reading this thread because:
A. Someone is trolling
B. Someone is missing half their brain
or
C. I've been drugged

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
i tried to read this article.... then realized he must have not used a windows based machine since windows 3.11! A lot of his complaints are things that have been in place for over 2 decades! Also, for anyone that has had to attempt to install a "Tablet Edition"of Windows, Windows 8/10 has been a GODSEND!

Also, with 1 out of my 4 PCs being touchscreen (my SP2) I have ZERO issue with the interface. People need to move on. I see all this hate for Windows 8 and 10, but most of these same people are NOT jumping to OSX or Linux. Humans, they complain just to complain!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium