How Microsoft can compete!

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft should release apps n it's updates while they still have charm. Some apps need serious updates as they are almost a year behind ios and Android. Microsoft should carve it's way n try avoiding foot steps of other platforms, by this I mean why is it that most famous apps n features first come to ios n Android then to Windows. I'm huge windows fan for its stability but features in apps I see on android n ios makes me feel inferior. Till yesterday I dint know that a smily on WhatsApp can actually animate. So I say you got the best OS.. You just need to work on releasing updates n apps fast and windows will rule the market.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Whatsapp is a 3rd party App. Most Apps are. How does Microsoft get those updated in a timely fashion?

Certainly we need ideas around that.

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
whatsapp is a third party app? i dint get you. If i'm not wrong whatsapp is an official apps! There are many third party apps like for instagram there is 6tag.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't thing you get it...Whatsapp is an official app made for the WP platform by Whatsapp (Facebook) - Microsoft have no control over any app release or update aside from their own such as Office, Camera etc

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
^^^ Right. Microsoft can not update what they do not own. Whatsapp is a 3rd party messenger system. It is not integral to or designed by the OS publisher.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And the vast majority of those Apps are independent developers and 3rd party App design shops. Unless it says published by Microsoft Corporation in the App store, Microsoft cannot update it.

Again, how do you think these developers can be encouraged to update their Apps? Please don't say Microsoft should get them to. Microsoft has helped by creating the new Porting tools for iOS and Android Apps to be converted. It is easier now for them to create updates to WP alongside their updates to other platforms. Microsoft is doing their part. What else should be done?

I really feel that there is a misconception on the part of many Windows Phone users that Microsoft somehow has control over all the developers. From what I see Microsoft does it's best to bride, cajole, help and encourage App developers to come to this platform. Many of them won't. Or they do a half baked job and never update.

What new idea will turn this around?

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Because of the Microsoft strategy of exclusivity in the U. S. Phone marketing the past 3 years; many WP users just buy their phones online unlocked, no contract, all the colors and better prices too. Of course depending on your carrier it may not work; so you have to do the research before buying.

I use T-Mobile and I am use to buying the international versions of WP. Have not been in T-Mobile store in ages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel