Lumias in Terminator Genesys

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
New Terminator film uses Lumia's?

Watched terminator last night and I'm pretty sure most of the phones used as part of SkyNet were Lumias.

Anyone else notice? Or am I wrong?

G.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: New Terminator film uses Lumia's?

I guess product placement isn't uncommon.

I was blowing through Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. recently and I noticed a bunch of MS things. Surface Pro's and Pro 3's were common and I think I've seen more than a couple Lumia's in the hands of extras. (a red 920 seen videotaping, what I think was an Icon in the hands of Reina...)

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site

Yes all the smartphones were 1520s as far as I saw. Tablets were windows ones (not sure which, don't think Surface though) and there was a Dell laptop as somepoint.
Although technically they aren't Skynet yet, but due to be upgraded once the countdown hits 0.

I must say I kept comparing Skynet (connecting every devices) with Windows 10 (a single OS for all our devices...) ;)

Cjmurtaugh

May 13, 2013
Visit site

In the remake of Hawaii Five-0, they have used Lumia 920s since the show debuted, and Lumia icon (or 930, its hard to tell) more recently

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

I must say I kept comparing Skynet (connecting every devices) with Windows 10 (a single OS for all our devices...) ;)

I had exactly the same thought and I note that Microsoft did not get credit for product placement and the film was careful to not show the iconic Windows 8 start screen. Personally I think someone writing the script wanted to associate Skynet with Windows 10 without actually invoking the wrath of Microsoft.

I explicitly waited and watched all the credits to see if Microsoft paid for promotional consideration, which they were not credited for. I did not think they would given a hint of association between Windows 10 and Skynet, a hint us Windows Phone people are likely the only ones to pick up on.

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

Watched terminator last night and I'm pretty sure most of the phones used as part of SkyNet were Lumias.

Anyone else notice? Or am I wrong?

G.

I watched it last night too and I also noticed all of the Lumias.
I suppose its good to know that Cyberdyne Systems were nice enough to make the Genisys app available to Windows Phone.
Typical, we get that but still no Snapchat.

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Very happy to see a variety of Lumia devices featuring in closeup shots in the new Terminator film! I wasn't able to make out all the models (I'm sure someone else can) but I think I saw a 1020 in yellow and maybe a 640, tricky to say though. I was also very happy to see a Windows 10 advert (the one with the babies) before the film showing, seems like good MS marketing to me. I'm in the UK in case anyone is interested!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
A bunch of WIndows devices (phones, Surface (Pro?) 3) appear in Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation.

I was just about to post this. I saw Mission Impossible Rogue Nation last night myself and noticed the Microsoft Surface tablets being used in a couple different scenes. They showed nice close ups of the Surface tablets with the Windows button on the side clear as day. Also a couple different Lumia phones as well.

The previous MI movie (Ghost Protocol) had iPads being used...

And in Terminator Genesis... Yes, I also thought "Wow... Windows 10 is Skynet!"

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I saw it 2 days ago...OG..it has got to be the WORST film ive ever seen, i wish I could get that time back..made me sad to see soo much money being wasted.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Again, just saw a Microsoft logo on Ted's laptop, anf he was also using Bing as his search engine. Guess the director of How i met your mother fancy MS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa