What is going to convince Android/IOS users to get Windows phone in the future?

touchblid

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Didn't dare touching that one, the hd-dvd guys are like us windows phone fans, they are still hurting :p.
I've been with Windows mobile since the pocket PC, I still have my HP Jornada 500 series pocket PC... so many reboots and they still can't get it right, that was 15 years ago... Microsoft really messed mobile pretty good, they have had more chances at it than any other player in the industry.
When I look the history, I wonder why I'm even waiting for the 950 series... there is a sad air of familiarity ...

Cheers,

You forgot HD DVD vs Blu Ray lol.

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Didn't dare touching that one, the hd-dvd guys are like us windows phone fans, they are still hurting :p.
I've been with Windows mobile since the pocket PC, I still have my HP Jornada 500 series pocket PC... so many reboots and they still can't get it right, that was 15 years ago... Microsoft really messed mobile pretty good, they have had more chances at it than any other player in the industry.
When I look the history, I wonder why I'm even waiting for the 950 series... there is a sad air of familiarity ...

Cheers,

Idk if they can't do it this time just cut your losses on mobile and piggy back on IOS and Android or whatever else like they're doing now.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
That's an incredibly short-sighted point of view. W10 needs as many switchers as it can get if its user base is going to grow. The problem is that currently, there is no overwhelming reason to switch, either away from iOS or Android, or to WP/W10.

yes there aren't any reasons to switch. Apps? no way, both google and ios have much more and with far better quality and features. Design? not any more. specs? no, many others have great specs. MS services? work better on the other platforms. and the list can go on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, Microsoft should pull ALL apps (and render working ones to stop working) put stuff like Official office, Cortana, on WIndows Phone as EXCLUSIVES.

Microsoft sold themselves, and as a company I have followed and been a huge fan of, it kind of makes me a little sick. Do you think Google Now, will come to Windows Phone ? How about Seri ? Do you think that will come ? NO.

Then we have Google that wont even support ANY of their services on Windows Phone (youtube, etc) but, Microsoft has all their apps on Android.

I understand stuff like Skype, it only works if as many people are on it as possible but, Cortana ? This should be a Windows Phone exclusive.

WIndows Phone is a great OS, comparted to everything else, it really is the best as the OS goes but, with It's own company not even fully supporting it on exclusive aspect, they are just trying to kill it off...

Just wondering why...

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Everyone here who is calling for Microsoft to pull software and comparing to what Google does ... Google isn't a software company. Microsoft started out making software for ... other companies.

UncleGrandpa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Been on WP last two years. Just returned to IOS. Such a feeling of relief. No more living in daily frustration and being pissed off at carriers, MS, developers, ahhhhh...

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
My Moto G with Lollipop is faster than the comparably spec'd Lumia 635. Maybe Android used to be slow, but Lollipop is frankly a pretty fantastic OS. With W10M on it, the Lumia 635 is MUCH slower than the Moto G, hoping that the final version of W10M will be as fast as Android.
Try LUMIA 735. Your definition of budget smartphone will be changed for ever!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs