What is going to convince Android/IOS users to get Windows phone in the future?

Gamezone

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I know that Windows 10 is getting released on WP, but what is going to convince Android and IOS users to switch? A better looking and smoother user interface isn`t going to move these phones alone. We`re still missing important apps like Snapchat, Steam (On Windows, how odd is that?), official Youtube and so on. Apps like Facebook and Twitter are there, but they are much worse on WP compared to Android.

HamidZafar2

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Project Astoria and Project Iceland, Windows Continuum, Faster and Better Centralized Store. The New OS with Continuous updates with feedback being respected and listened to continuously.
Hope this helps

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
From androids......the cost of the high end phones that continue to come out and still have lag/memory problems! One of the reasons I put using an android phone behind me. Although I continue to use android on a tablet for basic media and 1 game.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Looked at honestly (without wearing the ****** hat) there really is nothing. Ported apps are already available to those users, continuum is a niche feature, lack of lag is a myth (see resuming/loading issues), Microsoft apps are available on those platforms already. All WP had was a unique UI and that is going away, so for the vast majority of ios and android users there doesn't seem to be any reason to switch.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure there's actually much needed. Just yesterday at work I got two queries about my Lumia 930 from people running high end Android and tiring of it - and one of those has already bought one!

Non-technophiles are really starting to tire of Android. Then they watch me get faultless service from Amalthea (for that is her name) day in, day out and want some of the same.

Jezza

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, Microsoft really should leverage more of the surface and Xbox brands.

I'm currently on Android using an S4 reaching the end of it's contract. Despite the phone serving me well, I of course want a new toy. I've had an iPhone in the past, but since using the S4 I can't go back to a phone that limits removable storage and battery, having that has been so useful especially on a 12 hour plane journey.

When looking at new phones I took the versatility into consideration and since Samsung made the S6 an iPhone clone, they lost any interest from me, especially with this curved screen rubbish. So, I looked around for inspiration, the LG G4 seems to be the closest option, but I haven't been sold on the layout and I've never had a good experience with the brand in the past.

This led me to look at other options. When I heard that the Xbox One (my main console of choice and my prime media device in the house) was merging with Windows 10, I took notice. Seeing what Microsoft had planned with games streaming and unifying the stores made perfect sense to couple with my laptop, but my phone being on Android was the odd one out, this got me probing windows phone, knowing it would eventually share the same OS and store, meaning all my devices would be made for each other. Reading rumours about the 950 got me all excited and sounds to be exactly what I want.

Tl;dr
So, based on my love of my Xbox One for games, achievements and media functionality I'll be getting a 950 when it becomes available. I also think Microsoft should extend their exclusive Xbox IPs (beyond Halo) and some exclusive features to Windows Phone in order to encourage more consumers. By also using the surface brand, which is already gaining traction, it would freshen up the phone market with something that's familiar and well renowned to spark interest in something shiny.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Take it from a Guy who left to Android recently after around 10 WP devices.

Its functionality... By the os itself of course anf then apps. If the functiobality is there, everything is possible... Now , it just isnt... OS is lacking and crippled and evryone knows the app situation.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure there's actually much needed. Just yesterday at work I got two queries about my Lumia 930 from people running high end Android and tiring of it - and one of those has already bought one!

Non-technophiles are really starting to tire of Android. Then they watch me get faultless service from Amalthea (for that is her name) day in, day out and want some of the same.

I say this as a happy 930 owner - that news makes me cringe slightly. This was not a good time to buy a 930. I got one to replace a broken 920, but only because it was a dirt cheap refurb. The 950 will be so much further ahead of the 930, so I can't help but feel sorry for your friend over his/her purchase! I guess they can sell and trade up when the new one comes, if it's wanted.

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
becuase as WM10 is still a preview so is Project astoria and even though the apps work there are still things to fix and add to astoria before you can say every android app can be added its still being made like WM10

logic2

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Well I was a faithful android user, admit that the apps are a lot on Android. BUT I got really annoyed at how slow your phone can become after few months of usage so I switched to Lumia 640, and it is super quick, windows 10 is not so mature but it is surely a huge step. I miss certain apps but I see that Microsoft is on the right track. The only users who you can convince to migrate are users with 2 year old phones which are becoming slow S just show them how quick a windows phone is and they will consider 😊

anon(8894772)

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Looked at honestly (without wearing the ****** hat) there really is nothing. Ported apps are already available to those users, continuum is a niche feature, lack of lag is a myth (see resuming/loading issues), Microsoft apps are available on those platforms already. All WP had was a unique UI and that is going away, so for the vast majority of ios and android users there doesn't seem to be any reason to switch.

This.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills