Microsoft at Apple's live event 9/9/15

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
smh.... sometimes man...

I don't expect to see Apple standing up at the October Microsoft event announcing Apple Music support for Windows 10 Mobile. Do any of you?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
For those of us not following what's going on at the Apple event... what happened? What are you all talking about?

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Apple just has it's **** together. Microsoft is just an embarrassment now- constantly playing catch-up. They just don't know how to market their products like Apple does.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
For those of us not following what's going on at the Apple event... what happened? What are you all talking about?

So far new watch OS, new bands (new amazing colours!), new big *** ipad pro with stylus running ios9. With Microsoft in tow taking brown nosing to an art form.

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I just looked up updates from the Verge.

Am I missing something? What did Apple do that was a big deal?

Nothing, just more of the same. ipad pro that's bigger and faster than their regular ipad, but now with a surface like keyboard and pen. Also, Microsoft came on stage to show off Office.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
From this thread it seems like people are upset or something. Like there was some huge groundbreaking announcement and MS dropped the ball.

All I really see is the regular stuff. Iterative improvement.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
From this thread it seems like people are upset or something. Like there was some huge groundbreaking announcement and MS dropped the ball.

I guess the issue is that basically MS comes up on stage to help Apple sell their new product. Where's Apple whenever Microsoft is announcing anything? *crickets*

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Agreed - seems mostly iterative.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I guess the issue is that basically MS comes up on stage to help Apple sell their new product. Where's Apple whenever Microsoft is announcing anything? *crickets*

Ah.

I guess that stuff doesn't really bother me. It's not like MS offering Office on the iPad is a new development. We already knew that MS wants that market to use Office.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Ah.

I guess that stuff doesn't really bother me. It's not like MS offering Office on the iPad is a new development. We already knew that MS wants that market to use Office.

That's exactly why it's bothering me, it's not like Microsoft had to be there- everyone already knows Office is on an iPad. Why did they feel they had to come to a presentation that was clearly aimed at competing directly with the Surface Pro? Just strange.

What's next Nvidia going to start writing graphics drivers for AMD?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly why it's bothering me, it's not like Microsoft had to be there- everyone already knows Office is on an iPad. Why did they feel they had to come to a presentation that was clearly aimed at competing directly with the Surface Pro? Just strange.

What's next Nvidia going to start writing graphics drivers for AMD?

I don't even see this as a direct competitor to a Surface Pro.

It's not even a PC. It's just a bigger, faster, iPad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb