In lieu of Apple's reveal today on the new iphone 6s, and it's feature called 3D Touch, wondering if it beat Microsoft to the table in this. Wasn't Microsoft speculating on including this 3D touch in it's McLaren phone at one point? Anyone think Apple got the IDEA from Microsoft?
    09-09-2015 03:04 PM
    The McLaren goes above the screen, while the 6s goes into the screen.
    09-09-2015 03:08 PM
    Well Force Touch was already a thing in the low end MacBook and Apple Watch so...
    Guytronic and HeyCori like this.
    09-09-2015 04:22 PM
    The windows family devices should have some more interesting feature to play with!

Windows Hello is kinda boring and not really used much in real life, compare to that Force Touch or 'dead in the bud' 3D Touch.
    09-10-2015 02:07 AM
    In lieu of Apple's reveal today on the new iphone 6s, and it's feature called 3D Touch, wondering if it beat Microsoft to the table in this. Wasn't Microsoft speculating on including this 3D touch in it's McLaren phone at one point? Anyone think Apple got the IDEA from Microsoft?
    Force touch is an android feature from the get go. Also the commercial name for force touch wasn't apple's as well. Also Huawei launched a phone last week at IFA that includes force touch technology with the commercial name"force touch" while the iPhone 6s just came out yesterday and they changed the name for legality's sake to "3D touch".
    Microsoft and windows mobile are again leaps away from the competition AGAIN this year. Nadella and his boys are simply too slow or they couldn't care less although I highly doubt it since all that media attention they got cause of WM10 insider preview

I know ur gonna say that the apple watch has the force touch name. I know but I honestly don't know how they got away with it. Maybe since it's a watch and not a phone. Honestly don't know
    09-10-2015 02:50 AM
    A big part of the reason that McLaren got cancelled was that the 3D touch feature they were working on wasn't ready for prime time. Whether it is something that they are continuing to quietly work on or whether they decided that it wasn't a viable option is unknown. But I don't think that Apple coming out with "3D touch" is a success in the wake of a Microsoft failure. They are different features.
    09-10-2015 11:15 AM
    Maybe there is something hidden behind 3d touch. Like, it could cause higher risk of cancer or somethin thats why microsoft left it for now.
    dwarfsize and xandros9 like this.
    09-10-2015 11:24 AM
    Maybe there is something hidden behind 3d touch. Like, it could cause higher risk of cancer or somethin thats why microsoft left it for now.
    Lmao
    09-10-2015 03:38 PM
    BlackBerry was the first to invent 3D touch,and currently holds the patent for the technology.

http://www.fool.ca/2015/09/11/is-app...lackberry-ltd/

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    09-15-2015 10:24 AM
    BlackBerry was the first to invent 3D touch,and currently holds the patent for the technology.

Is Apple's iPhone 6s Infringing on Patents Held by BlackBerry Ltd. (USA)? | The Motley Fool Canada

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    I remembered the first BB touch smartphone had something similar
    09-15-2015 10:27 AM