WP community descends into cannibalism and woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
No, people here have been pretty clear on why they have a problem with the changes that were made. I'm not saying I agree with them, but the panorama or pivot views and bold metro iconography at the top of screens have been trashed, and mundane hamburger menu's have taken their place. The visual cues that made the OS unique have been sacrificed in order to appease the unwashed masses that may make the switch from iOS or Android.

But you can't have both, do we want users from other platforms to increase the numbers or do we want a unique looking OS with a 1% worldwide user base?

If you know how Microsoft can do both then feel free to contact them and let them know.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
If that's how you feel then you're free to leave

If you know how Microsoft can do both then feel free to contact them and let them know.

You're being a tad bit abrasive. A few posts up you said:

Not with all the arguments and in fighting it isn't!!

Lets just try to be nice to one another. It doesn't take much for a thread to spiral out of control you know.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You're being a tad bit abrasive. A few posts up you said:

Lets just try to be nice to one another. It doesn't take much for a thread to spiral out of control you know.

How are those causing an argument. If you don't like a platform then don't use it, I would have thought that's common sense. Not only that but as I stated in my reply to you, you can't have a unique looking OS that appeals to everyone but if you have an idea as to how that could work then I'm sure Microsoft would love to hear it.

That's not being abrasive, it's just offering advice. If my advice isn't needed then I'll leave you guys to arguing amongst yourselves and have no input in this thread whatsoever!!!

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Comments about the OS aside, I joined the WinCentral Community Pre-Win10. I joined because I saw there was a lot of nice, liked-minded people here, and I thought "hey, why not. Since we all love our WP/Windows". Fast forward to present day, the trending topics on the forum page are all negative threads. Comments sections, be it in articles or in threads, and you have people aplently fighting with each other. I used to want to join in the forums and discuss/help others, but the current state of the community really drives me away. I really don't know what happened, and I really hope that we can go back to what we were: A friendly site where liked-minded fans share their stories/tips/hacks/woes/suggestion, and not someplace where the "fans" are constantly fighting/whining/complaining/flaming.

(P.S This is just from my point of view. So I may be wrong, but this is how i see the community nowadays.)

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
How are those causing an argument. If you don't like a platform then don't use it, I would have thought that's common sense. Not only that but as I stated in my reply to you, you can't have a unique looking OS that appeals to everyone but if you have an idea as to how that could work then I'm sure Microsoft would love to hear it.

That's not being abrasive, it's just offering advice. If my advice isn't needed then I'll leave you guys to arguing amongst yourselves and have no input in this thread whatsoever!!!

I understood what you were trying to say, but context is king. There's an old expression that goes, "It's not what you say, it's how you say it."

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Honestly to me the most important thing is the actual Start screen tile UI. And in windows 10 it has been enhanced to be even better. All the other small UI changes within apps, etc.. aren't as important to me. If they ever got rid of the tile UI that is the only reason I love Windows phone so much. I love how I can customize my screen to be personalized for my own needs as well as show case some of my inner artistic side. Every time I look at my start I feel proud that I made that and no one else has that. I know where all my apps are because I put them there based on my usage patterns. It's quick and easy to use.

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Forgive me I cant put it anymore softly....
All I see is whining and crying !

If you were all android users (non-nexus) you would shut your mouth and be satisfied with whatever you have.
Since MSFT is allowing you to participate in their insider program (which their team could have done easily).
And uservoice.
Guaranteed updates (firmware and OS).

When you are given freedom you literally get on top of their heads and start dancing !
That is what is happening right now !
It's been a year since I joined this community.
I witnessed similar whining and crying when denim was about to be released.

the anticipation, the rumors etc etc.....

If MSFT had no insider program and we users were not allowed to have a say in the development of the OS then all of these people would have shut up and just went on with their business !

W10M is not yet finished, its just a technical preview.
How hard is it to make an average user understand that !

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If that's how you feel then you're free to leave, there are plenty of other platforms and Microsoft isn't hold a gun to your head and making you stay. The point is that W10M isn't even at the RTM stage yet and all we've seen of the 950/950XL are the leaked renders. So feel free to judge based on what we've seen so far, that up to you, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Not everyone feels that same way though, but attacking others for having a differing opinion is tearing this community apart from the inside and it really is a sad thing to see.

And this is why the community is trash, responses like yours. I point out problems, and you're just like "you're free to leave." You're unwilling to read the whole post (as I said, I hate iOS and tried and disliked Android). I offer a dissenting opinion, and you give the, "then get out," response. The community is made of people who are responsible and make valid complaints, and then people like you, who can't bother to actually address the matters in a ration way, instead attacking and being disrespectful in discussions.

The tone and wording of your posts are the epitome of the topic of this thread. You are the problem.

Draconica5

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
^ if I remember correctly I had been attacked sometime, I think.

To be fair, there are some progress that improved WP alot! Since the update 2 roll out for my Lumia 830, the loading screen and heat issues are nearly gone, and that the reason why I still stick with WP.

But the app gap and marketshare keep dropping are really putting pressure on alot of people! (it dropped from 10% to 8% in my country right now). And some games that are in heat right now are Fallout Shelter and Dungeon&Dragon (and a lot of angrybird spin off games) not even care about WP. And Pok?mon Go in the future will smash WP in the face if Microsoft can't deal with Nintendo about it! All the kids will boycott WP because it don't even has Pok?mon Go bla bla bla...

tl;dr - If MS can't resolve it quick enough and don't even fully commitment about the app gap, it will go worse!

And that's my side of story and why I rant sometime.

Honestly to me the most important thing is the actual Start screen tile UI. And in windows 10 it has been enhanced to be even better.
I'm not so sure about this... Have you try the start screen on windows 10? It's kinda buggy and messed up on my aunt Lenovo Miix 3.

Last edited:

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am not used to such ugliness.. Sorry.. W10M is just ugly right from the grey backgrounds, fonts, hamburger menus, accent colors,app icons, context menus, everything is just pure ugly.. 8 and 8.1 was such a classy premium design... After using 8 and 8.1 for more than two years I just can't bare this new OS.. I am unhappy and frustrated.. MS didn't need to change to UI design, they needed to bring apps and market their phones.. Changing UI not gonna help them and nor those bridges.. Right now W10M is uglier than Android and no amount of polishing gonna make it look good... They have ruined everything at least for me.. I have paid for those phones, I have been around in this forum for two years, I think I have a little right to vent a little specially when they have butchered a unique beautiful and my beloved OS..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
^

I'm not so sure about this... Have you try the start screen on windows 10? It's kinda buggy and messed up on my aunt Lenovo Miix 3.

Oh I'm more talking about on my lumia 830 mobile device. On the actual desktop OS I do get lots of issues. I would prefer it to be more like the mobile one where you can add a background and transparency, but not sure they will ever do something like that. I'm still curious what will happen with the next big service pack update for the desktop. It's supposed to happen in October sometime. Although insiders haven't really been getting any interesting updates in that area. I think the insider program is too taxing on their work force at this point in time so they are sticking to less updates and more mobile.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me I cant put it anymore softly....
All I see is whining and crying !

If you were all android users (non-nexus) you would shut your mouth and be satisfied with whatever you have.
Since MSFT is allowing you to participate in their insider program (which their team could have done easily).
And uservoice.
Guaranteed updates (firmware and OS).

When you are given freedom you literally get on top of their heads and start dancing !
That is what is happening right now !
It's been a year since I joined this community.
I witnessed similar whining and crying when denim was about to be released.

the anticipation, the rumors etc etc.....

If MSFT had no insider program and we users were not allowed to have a say in the development of the OS then all of these people would have shut up and just went on with their business !

W10M is not yet finished, its just a technical preview.
How hard is it to make an average user understand that !

I don't see user input in anything WM10 does, how many people hated on the hamburger menu yet it's been shoved down our throats regardless

I don't get the hostility you're showing as you don't benefit from shutting up voices but any negative comment is beneficial or at least justifiable as it relates to customer satisfaction.

about the guaranteed update thing I'm sure Windows RT and WP7 users are still grateful, WM10 is unfinished yes but if you're launching flagships in 2 months and you still aren't close to a stable OS how do expect adding new features which there are none yet!!! Look at it from users prospective every change is minor, are they going to brag they finally have a setting app that doesnt look like crap?
Are they going to say now you can set more than few shortcuts ?? Now you have a wallpaper in the app list? Continuum is hardware based and IRIS scanners are also hardware based and they'll probably launch the new phones without the IRIS scanner support (according to roumers)

You don't get to compare to Android update system as at least if a company dropped support there are many devs that can still support your phone with new software unlike your WP7 which just eats dust...

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Not with all the arguments and in fighting it isn't!!

The frustration is totally understandable to me if you're a WP loyalists, especially for years, when things look like they a crumbling around you I'm not sure anyone could expect this not too happen.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
If that's how you feel then you're free to leave, there are plenty of other platforms and Microsoft isn't hold a gun to your head and making you stay. The point is that W10M isn't even at the RTM stage yet and all we've seen of the 950/950XL are the leaked renders. So feel free to judge based on what we've seen so far, that up to you, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Not everyone feels that same way though, but attacking others for having a differing opinion is tearing this community apart from the inside and it really is a sad thing to see.

It didn't look like it was a personal attack towards anyone (other than MS LOL), and he was just pointing out the facts as he see's them, as you stated, "but attacking others for having a differing opinion", "not everyone feels that same way", "you're free to leave"... Nuff said.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
About W10M starting to look like Android. Just look at the store, better yet, try to navigate around and find something. Flipping back and forth between a 640 on Denim and a 635 on W10TP, my daily choice would be Denim.

Now the brain kicks in. W10M? Not finished yet. On a 635? (512) Probably not the first choice for a test phone

8.1 feels better because it's comfortable, we're used to it. Things will change with Windows 10 Mobile. Some we'll like, some not so much. But it's not finished at this point. It will never be finished, I hope. Let it grow. Microsoft asked for our opinions and suggestions building this. I'm sure they'll keep those line of communication open.

So sit back and play with it, make your notes. And.....wait. (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte