10-05-2015 05:05 PM
121 1234 ...
tools
    Not excited at all. I have a 640 (midrange ) Windows phone and a Moto G lte (midrange) Android phone. No midrange announced. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S and a Kindle Fire HDX Android tablets. And my desktop is a HP Envy 27 inch touch screen with a I5 processor and 8GB of ram. Better than a Surface, what's to be excited about. Maybe next year as Microsoft always says.
    LOL
    What's better than a Surface?
    Certainly nothing you listed there.

I mean you can't really compare a Surface to a desktop, although spec wise it only beats it in screen size... but you can't exactly take it with you. And those tablets, they're not even close to the same class of device.
    09-15-2015 05:14 PM
    We finally get to pull back the NDA curtains and see what MS was hiding from us!
    09-15-2015 05:18 PM
    We finally get to pull back the NDA curtains and see what MS was hiding from us!
    The NDA worked for the band only. We know a lot about the phones and a few tid bits about the surface
    09-15-2015 06:29 PM
    Rubino is not expecting low end phones. Without a good line-up of low end phones WP sales could collapse.
    Seriously? They released enough low end junk last year to cover a decade.
    09-15-2015 06:41 PM
    The NDA worked for the band only. We know a lot about the phones and a few tid bits about the surface
    Yes but who knows what other goodies the phones might feature?
    ven07 likes this.
    09-15-2015 06:56 PM
    Seriously? They released enough low end junk last year to cover a decade.
    Exactly the problem. They released too much junk, which is why their low end push failed. They don't need the junk Nokia was pushing out like the 635, 530, 430, 435 and all of those variations, they need their own 520, a low cost, high value phone for the masses.
    ven07 likes this.
    09-15-2015 07:03 PM
    I truly feel Nokia could've had more success in the U.S if they just had better branding and fought for better carrier availability.

If the 920 was instead the Nokia Lumia X (or sumthin like that) and it had availability on At&t AND tmobile or Verizon it could've seen better success than a variant for each carrier and a hideous numbering system.

Simplicity would've been good for them and sadly they wanted to be more complicated than they needed to
    09-15-2015 08:09 PM
    Exactly the problem. They released too much junk, which is why their low end push failed. They don't need the junk Nokia was pushing out like the 635, 530, 430, 435 and all of those variations, they need their own 520, a low cost, high value phone for the masses.
    The low end push failed because the product was weak. WP 8.1 is a horrible operating system and It doesn't have many apps. Even selling the phones under the cost and with a decent investment in marketing, people just didn't want them.

Variety increases sales. Just look at what happens with Android. There are thousands of OEMs, each offering many models. They cover any possible combination of specs and brand message. Android has 80% of market share.

Nobody buys high end Windows Phones. The Icon, 930, 1520 were all failures. Windows phone found a small niche in the low end segment, over 70% of the sales are low end devices. With a weak line-up of low end Lumias, reduced marketing spending and limited distribution, sales are going to fall of a cliff. With such a low market share, Developers won't even consider porting their Android apps to WP and the platform will be effectively dead.

Windows phone can survive without flagship devices, but It won't survive without a solid line up of low end phones.
    09-15-2015 08:14 PM
    I want to see the Lumia 950XL get introduced. That's what i'm waiting for.
    09-15-2015 08:23 PM
    I want to see the Lumia 950XL get introduced. That's what i'm waiting for.
    Im where you're at
    gpobernardo likes this.
    09-15-2015 09:39 PM
    Yes but who knows what other goodies the phones might feature?
    Indeed! We still need to see how well it handles w10, what version of w10 it has, the new apps (ported or MS build) etc..
    09-15-2015 09:42 PM
    Maybe idk anymore lol.
    09-15-2015 09:56 PM
    Maybe idk anymore lol.
    I like the enthusiasm :p
    gpobernardo likes this.
    09-15-2015 09:58 PM
    Google Bing Apples Oranges and Grapes
    09-15-2015 10:46 PM
    Hmmm...
    Not really excited.
    Going to take the 'wait and see' approach.

(NOTE: I'm comparing with WP8 and 920 announcement...)
    09-15-2015 11:29 PM
    I'm looking forward to it.

With the release of windows 10 on PC, Xbox and mobile it will be interesting to see how far the company has progressed.
    09-16-2015 02:04 AM
    Hmmm...
    Not really excited.
    Going to take the 'wait and see' approach.

(NOTE: I'm comparing with WP8 and 920 announcement...)
    Yeah I'll be watching from the sidelines waiting for them to drop the ball on mobile again smh. But Surface and everything else should be interesting for me.
    09-16-2015 03:32 AM
    Not at all. We already know what will be announced.
    09-16-2015 03:42 AM
    6th Oct !!!! Its my B'DAY 😊
    Al4video, ven07 and libra89 like this.
    09-16-2015 03:49 AM
    Yes, providing Microsoft's upper management don't do anything silly lol.

The low end push failed because the product was weak. WP 8.1 is a horrible operating system and It doesn't have many apps. Even selling the phones under the cost and with a decent investment in marketing, people just didn't want them.

Variety increases sales. Just look at what happens with Android. There are thousands of OEMs, each offering many models. They cover any possible combination of specs and brand message. Android has 80% of market share.

Nobody buys high end Windows Phones. The Icon, 930, 1520 were all failures. Windows phone found a small niche in the low end segment, over 70% of the sales are low end devices. With a weak line-up of low end Lumias, reduced marketing spending and limited distribution, sales are going to fall of a cliff. With such a low market share, Developers won't even consider porting their Android apps to WP and the platform will be effectively dead.

Windows phone can survive without flagship devices, but It won't survive without a solid line up of low end phones.
    Oh, not you again I'd point out several flaws with your logic and the advantages + disadvantages of WP8.x however for the sake of this jovial thread. I'd rather not kill the atmosphere with another pointless discussion :P . It is pointless because that is not the scope of this thread, your more than welcome to open another and I'm sure there are others that share your sentiment (given there has been so many doom & gloom posts around here, your pretty spoilt for choice really).

The only reason I'm responding to you is inevitably some will come along, respond and derail this thread completely.

Thus your better of taking your negativity some where else okay?

Any attempts to further fuel a pointless discussion will just be plain ignored out right. End of line. .
    Last edited by TechFreak1; 09-16-2015 at 09:25 AM.
    09-16-2015 09:08 AM
    Preparing for:
    687fea91677be9103defb8dc0b97e8b7.gif

I'm more interested in the Band 2 than anything else but it's going to have to be pretty compelling with MS killing their own Health & Fitness app and dragging their feet on adding that kind of functionality to the Health app.

The 950/950XL to me are pretty much DOA unless the actual devices look very different than the renders. Just too many design compromises to consider "upgrading".

Surface 4. I rather have a Surface 3 running 8.1 so whatever amazing hardware MS comes with it going to be held back by W10 running on it.
    ven07 likes this.
    09-16-2015 09:32 AM
    I am super excited. Its been a long long time.
    ven07 likes this.
    09-16-2015 09:39 AM
    Yes, providing Microsoft's upper management don't do anything silly lol.

Oh, not you again I'd point out several flaws with your logic and the advantages + disadvantages of WP8.x however for the sake of this jovial thread. I'd rather not kill the atmosphere with another pointless discussion :P . It is pointless because that is not the scope of this thread, your more than welcome to open another and I'm sure there are others that share your sentiment (given there has been so many doom & gloom posts around here, your pretty spoilt for choice really).

The only reason I'm responding to you is inevitably some will come along, respond and derail this thread completely.

Thus your better of taking your negativity some where else okay?

Any attempts to further fuel a pointless discussion will just be plain ignored out right. End of line. .
    Whoa... that was aggressive. Don't post in that tone again or I'm going to report you.

I answered the question of this thread. I'm not exited because Microsoft won't announce low end phones and explained why that could have negative consequences for all of us.
    09-16-2015 11:25 AM
    6th Oct !!!! Its my B'DAY
    Well would be cool if you were at the event for your bday, but following it online is cool too xd

Not at all. We already know what will be announced.
    True, but we have yet to see how the new phones are handling w10 and if there are any new apps/features down the road

I'm more interested in the Band 2 than anything else but it's going to have to be pretty compelling with MS killing their own Health & Fitness app and dragging their feet on adding that kind of functionality to the Health app.
    Yupp this is what I'm mostly looking forward too as well

Whoa... that was aggressive. Don't post in that tone again or I'm going to report you.
    Not sure, but I didn't feel like his answer was an attack
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    09-16-2015 02:04 PM
    yes, like many here, I am waiting for the Band 2. also highly intrigued with Munchkin and hoping that the 950Xl is a worthy Lumia 920 replacement and then finally see if I can afford getting a Surface Pro 4.
    ven07 and Joe Dubya like this.
    09-16-2015 02:10 PM
121 1234 ...