I was excited about October 6th howzabout you?

Asuo

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking forward to it.

With the release of windows 10 on PC, Xbox and mobile it will be interesting to see how far the company has progressed.

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm...
Not really excited.
Going to take the 'wait and see' approach.

(NOTE: I'm comparing with WP8 and 920 announcement...)
Yeah I'll be watching from the sidelines waiting for them to drop the ball on mobile again smh. But Surface and everything else should be interesting for me.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, providing Microsoft's upper management don't do anything silly lol.

The low end push failed because the product was weak. WP 8.1 is a horrible operating system and It doesn't have many apps. Even selling the phones under the cost and with a decent investment in marketing, people just didn't want them.

Variety increases sales. Just look at what happens with Android. There are thousands of OEMs, each offering many models. They cover any possible combination of specs and brand message. Android has 80% of market share.

Nobody buys high end Windows Phones. The Icon, 930, 1520 were all failures. Windows phone found a small niche in the low end segment, over 70% of the sales are low end devices. With a weak line-up of low end Lumias, reduced marketing spending and limited distribution, sales are going to fall of a cliff. With such a low market share, Developers won't even consider porting their Android apps to WP and the platform will be effectively dead.

Windows phone can survive without flagship devices, but It won't survive without a solid line up of low end phones.

Oh, not you again :winktongue: I'd point out several flaws with your logic and the advantages + disadvantages of WP8.x however for the sake of this jovial thread. I'd rather not kill the atmosphere with another pointless discussion :p . It is pointless because that is not the scope of this thread, your more than welcome to open another and I'm sure there are others that share your sentiment (given there has been so many doom & gloom posts around here, your pretty spoilt for choice really).

The only reason I'm responding to you is inevitably some will come along, respond and derail this thread completely.

Thus your better of taking your negativity some where else okay? :smile:

Any attempts to further fuel a pointless discussion will just be plain ignored out right. End of line. :evil::wink:.

Last edited:

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Preparing for:
687fea91677be9103defb8dc0b97e8b7.gif

I'm more interested in the Band 2 than anything else but it's going to have to be pretty compelling with MS killing their own Health & Fitness app and dragging their feet on adding that kind of functionality to the Health app.

The 950/950XL to me are pretty much DOA unless the actual devices look very different than the renders. Just too many design compromises to consider "upgrading".

Surface 4. I rather have a Surface 3 running 8.1 so whatever amazing hardware MS comes with it going to be held back by W10 running on it.

Spectrum90

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes, providing Microsoft's upper management don't do anything silly lol.

Oh, not you again :winktongue: I'd point out several flaws with your logic and the advantages + disadvantages of WP8.x however for the sake of this jovial thread. I'd rather not kill the atmosphere with another pointless discussion :p . It is pointless because that is not the scope of this thread, your more than welcome to open another and I'm sure there are others that share your sentiment (given there has been so many doom & gloom posts around here, your pretty spoilt for choice really).

The only reason I'm responding to you is inevitably some will come along, respond and derail this thread completely.

Thus your better of taking your negativity some where else okay? :smile:

Any attempts to further fuel a pointless discussion will just be plain ignored out right. End of line. :evil::wink:.

Whoa... that was aggressive. Don't post in that tone again or I'm going to report you.

I answered the question of this thread. I'm not exited because Microsoft won't announce low end phones and explained why that could have negative consequences for all of us.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
6th Oct !!!! Its my B'DAY ��

Well would be cool if you were at the event for your bday, but following it online is cool too xd

Not at all. We already know what will be announced.

True, but we have yet to see how the new phones are handling w10 and if there are any new apps/features down the road

I'm more interested in the Band 2 than anything else but it's going to have to be pretty compelling with MS killing their own Health & Fitness app and dragging their feet on adding that kind of functionality to the Health app.

Yupp this is what I'm mostly looking forward too as well

Whoa... that was aggressive. Don't post in that tone again or I'm going to report you.

Not sure, but I didn't feel like his answer was an attack

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
yes, like many here, I am waiting for the Band 2. also highly intrigued with Munchkin and hoping that the 950Xl is a worthy Lumia 920 replacement and then finally see if I can afford getting a Surface Pro 4.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Mostly, I'm interested to see if there's info on pricing for the 950's. I am very interested in the 950, so I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like, and what it costs.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Something tells me I'm going to blow through my savings pretty soon. Holiday shopping will be fun this year (shopping for me, that is). Planning to get SP4, 950, Band 2, and a cheeseburger!

Maybe I can take the burger off the list, I don't want to go completely broke...

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm most interested in the new phones as i might change soon, but not just as they release, and also in the new surface 4. To see how much better it is compared to 3, prices, innovations and stuff like that, then i will decide to buy a lower end SP4 or a higher en SP3 :)

Oh and i nearly forgot, i'm most excited about the official Windows 10 Mobile!!!! Can't freakin wait!!!!

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
What kind of burger are you after, this one?

Nah. If I had the money to buy that, I'd use it to buy an iPad Pro - I could use it as a plate for an ordinary burger and the force touch thingy might tell me if it truly weighs a quarter of a pound. That's as useful as it gets for me.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Not sure, but I didn't feel like his answer was an attack

Yup, it wasn't I guess I didn't use enough emoticons... maybe I should have used the kiss and eye heart emoticons instead? :winktongue::grincry:

Sadly I don't think I will be buying anything this November as just gone through my finances and the two options I have is to get the XL on finance thus paying substantially more over a period of time or getting a carrier locked.... neither are any ideal solutions. I guess I'm going to have to buy a new 920 battery lol.. that is unless a miracle happens and I win the lottery lol. Have higher chances of being struck by lightning than any of the former happening :grincry:.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss