10-05-2015 05:05 PM
121 12345
tools
    they need their own 520, a low cost, high value phone for the masses.
    You do realize that the 640 is only around $70, right?

The 640 is worth twice its price. Are you saying $70 with no contract is too expensive to be accessible?
    ven07 likes this.
    09-16-2015 02:45 PM
    Mostly, I'm interested to see if there's info on pricing for the 950's. I am very interested in the 950, so I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like, and what it costs.
    ven07 and triageatdawn like this.
    09-16-2015 02:50 PM
    Mostly, I'm interested to see if there's info on pricing for the 950's. I am very interested in the 950, so I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like, and what it costs.
    I don' think it's gonna be more than 500.
    09-16-2015 02:51 PM
    Something tells me I'm going to blow through my savings pretty soon. Holiday shopping will be fun this year (shopping for me, that is). Planning to get SP4, 950, Band 2, and a cheeseburger!

Maybe I can take the burger off the list, I don't want to go completely broke...
    ven07 and libra89 like this.
    09-16-2015 03:00 PM
    I look forward to any windows handsets starring by the 6th.
    09-16-2015 03:14 PM
    I'm most interested in the new phones as i might change soon, but not just as they release, and also in the new surface 4. To see how much better it is compared to 3, prices, innovations and stuff like that, then i will decide to buy a lower end SP4 or a higher en SP3 :)

Oh and i nearly forgot, i'm most excited about the official Windows 10 Mobile!!!! Can't freakin wait!!!!
    09-16-2015 03:25 PM
    Maybe I can take the burger off the list, I don't want to go completely broke...
    What kind of burger are you after, this one?
    leonelfunes32 likes this.
    09-16-2015 03:44 PM
    I will be happy if Microsoft declare the date for releasing windows 10 mobile for public as a software update.
    09-16-2015 03:49 PM
    What kind of burger are you after, this one?
    Nah. If I had the money to buy that, I'd use it to buy an iPad Pro - I could use it as a plate for an ordinary burger and the force touch thingy might tell me if it truly weighs a quarter of a pound. That's as useful as it gets for me.
    ven07 and Jack Neill like this.
    09-16-2015 04:13 PM
    Not sure, but I didn't feel like his answer was an attack
    Yup, it wasn't I guess I didn't use enough emoticons... maybe I should have used the kiss and eye heart emoticons instead?

Sadly I don't think I will be buying anything this November as just gone through my finances and the two options I have is to get the XL on finance thus paying substantially more over a period of time or getting a carrier locked.... neither are any ideal solutions. I guess I'm going to have to buy a new 920 battery lol.. that is unless a miracle happens and I win the lottery lol. Have higher chances of being struck by lightning than any of the former happening .
    09-16-2015 04:55 PM
    Something tells me I'm going to blow through my savings pretty soon. Holiday shopping will be fun this year (shopping for me, that is). Planning to get SP4, 950, Band 2, and a cheeseburger!

The hamburgers are included in Windows 10 Mobile.
    gordonfink, ven07, tgp and 1 others like this.
    09-16-2015 05:28 PM

Better start logging some overtime my friend.
    ven07 likes this.
    09-16-2015 07:01 PM
    Mostly interested in the 950XL to see if it can sway me away from my iPhone 6+. Windows OS is much better than iOS, and app support will hopefully improve once 10 Mobile is out to the public.
    I recently ditched my iPad Air 2 for a Surface 3 and haven't looked back. I'll see what's in store for Surface next year and skip the Pro 4, only because the non pro 3 I have is only a few weeks old, and doing a great job for how I use it. I'll have a good look at the Pro 4 though, to see what it's packing, and how much it sh_ts on the iPad Pro. I said I won't get one, but if an opportunity came along I'd probably take it if the cost to upgrade was small or negligible if I sell the S3 and some other 'toys' to raise the funding.
    Small interest in Band. Haven't worn a watch etc in nearly 10 years, so will see what it can do and how it looks. I might give it a go if I find it interesting.
    Joe Dubya and ven07 like this.
    09-16-2015 07:21 PM
    I'm curious if they will showcase any new app partners that will be publishing apps for Windows 10 Universal. Also I think they will be talking about the next Desktop update and likely rolling it out after.
    Joe Dubya likes this.
    09-16-2015 07:28 PM
    I'm most excited for the launch of the Lumia 950 XL. I hope it launches on T-Mobile. If not I'm hoping Microsoft takes a page out of apples book and launched their own device finance Program directly through the Microsoft stores on the unlocked versions on these phones.

Also excited for any announcement of newly ported ios and android apps I'm expecting some kind of showcase of new apps.

It would be nice if they announce more hardware partners for high-mid range phones.

Can't wait
    09-16-2015 07:34 PM
    I will be excited if they give me a 7" phablet or at least 6.3"😁...

What about contacts from my sim card?
    09-16-2015 07:49 PM
    I hope they don't try to sell the new phones at flagship prices, it'll be like the 830.
    09-16-2015 09:00 PM
    Band 2 most exciting for me, only because no leaks and the most to improve upon.

SP4 has to be equal weight to Surface (Atom) 3 before I'm interested - SP3 too heavy and the S3 already pushing the limits of "tablet", but I'm loving mine and wishing for more horsepower. A 1.37lb Surface Pro 4? mmmmmmm. I think MSFT will also want to showcase its partners at the event, so maybe we'll see those Dell Infinity Edge tablets or that secret HP tablet from earlier this year - I would bet heavily on a partner surprise(s).

The 950s, not sure what to think there - I desperately want to chuck my L830 (S808 and S810 + 3GB should solve the laggy-ness), but I'm not completely sold just yet. I'm hoping they wow us with something other than continuum. Regardless, I'll never ever see one in real life before I order so I'll have to rely on reviews....I really really hate that. Maybe we'll see some new hardware partners? That would be cool.

A per one of the previous posts, would not be surprised to see some new universal app announcements - developers don't "hate" windows, they're just waiting for the installed base - 100 million machines in the first few weeks should get their attention.

Should be a good day - someone please take my money! (Lumia, I'm looking at you...)
    ven07 and Ed Boland like this.
    09-16-2015 10:21 PM
    Mostly interested in the 950XL to see if it can sway me away from my iPhone 6+. Windows OS is much better than iOS, and app support will hopefully improve once 10 Mobile is out to the public.
    I recently ditched my iPad Air 2 for a Surface 3 and haven't looked back. I'll see what's in store for Surface next year and skip the Pro 4, only because the non pro 3 I have is only a few weeks old, and doing a great job for how I use it. I'll have a good look at the Pro 4 though, to see what it's packing, and how much it sh_ts on the iPad Pro. I said I won't get one, but if an opportunity came along I'd probably take it if the cost to upgrade was small or negligible if I sell the S3 and some other 'toys' to raise the funding.
    Small interest in Band. Haven't worn a watch etc in nearly 10 years, so will see what it can do and how it looks. I might give it a go if I find it interesting.
    I have no qualms against iOS and I think both platforms have their merits, but moving on.. According to some MS insiders (don't ask how I know lol) the new surface devices are pretty neat and maybe better than those that came before, so keep your eyes open?

I love watches :D but I need the band to monitor my heart rate so if it still has the sensor built in and the same pricing I might go for it as a Christmas gift for myself
    Ed Boland likes this.
    09-16-2015 11:38 PM
    Band 2 most exciting for me, only because no leaks and the most to improve upon.

SP4 has to be equal weight to Surface (Atom) 3 before I'm interested - SP3 too heavy and the S3 already pushing the limits of "tablet", but I'm loving mine and wishing for more horsepower. A 1.37lb Surface Pro 4? mmmmmmm. I think MSFT will also want to showcase its partners at the event, so maybe we'll see those Dell Infinity Edge tablets or that secret HP tablet from earlier this year - I would bet heavily on a partner surprise(s).

The 950s, not sure what to think there - I desperately want to chuck my L830 (S808 and S810 + 3GB should solve the laggy-ness), but I'm not completely sold just yet. I'm hoping they wow us with something other than continuum. Regardless, I'll never ever see one in real life before I order so I'll have to rely on reviews....I really really hate that. Maybe we'll see some new hardware partners? That would be cool.

A per one of the previous posts, would not be surprised to see some new universal app announcements - developers don't "hate" windows, they're just waiting for the installed base - 100 million machines in the first few weeks should get their attention.

Should be a good day - someone please take my money! (Lumia, I'm looking at you...)
    Agreed! I don't own a surface (maybe some day...) but as for the rest, I agree with ya
    Joe Dubya likes this.
    09-16-2015 11:40 PM
    I'm even more excited about this event after talking to my buddy who works for Microsoft. I saw him last night, and he said the new Surface is way more than anyone is expecting. I tried to pry some info out of him, and I don't know how Microsoft does it, but he would not budge lol. They have a very strict NDA, but what he could tell me, was that it was backward compatible with current Surface Pro 3 docking stations and accessories, and that is was MUCH MUCH MORE than ANYONE is expecting!

Whatever it is, they're sure keeping a tight lid on it. I'm really hoping that the new phones have something that surprises us as well at this event. He has told me before that these ARM based (950 and 950XL) phones are going to be good, but the Intel based phones coming in January/February are going to be the ones to watch. He says "those are the phones I'm waiting for,"
    Axeelant, Joe Dubya, ven07 and 5 others like this.
    09-17-2015 07:19 AM
    I really hope you are right Ed :D Now you got me even more hyped :D
    ven07 likes this.
    09-17-2015 09:14 AM
    Excited for the Band 2.

Not really wanting to upgrade my SP3 yet..since basically it's still a new device. Of course a fan-less surface would be cool...but i somewhat believe it will have overheating issues (i dunno why but i have that feeling).

Phone wise, i'm a little neutral about getting a new windows phone. Love my 1520 but the app quality is getting to me compared to the iphone 6 i have. So basically for productivity, i use my 1520 but social apps and other means...i use my iphone. would love to ditch my iPhone but until the quality in apps is there..i have no option due to my lifestyle.
    Joe Dubya and ven07 like this.
    09-17-2015 09:35 AM
    I'm even more excited about this event after talking to my buddy who works for Microsoft. I saw him last night, and he said the new Surface is way more than anyone is expecting. I tried to pry some info out of him, and I don't know how Microsoft does it, but he would not budge lol. They have a very strict NDA, but what he could tell me, was that it was backward compatible with current Surface Pro 3 docking stations and accessories, and that is was MUCH MUCH MORE than ANYONE is expecting!

Whatever it is, they're sure keeping a tight lid on it. I'm really hoping that the new phones have something that surprises us as well at this event. He has told me before that these ARM based (950 and 950XL) phones are going to be good, but the Intel based phones coming in January/February are going to be the ones to watch. He says "those are the phones I'm waiting for,"
    Tom Warren made some similar comments on twitter suggesting that SP3 buyers should DEFINITELY wait (he's seen SP4) and implied something bigger is coming... Thinner and windows hello nice but I'm expecting a bigger surprise. Intel phones in January? Seems too soon, but a Surface 3 with LTE is a10.8" phone...
    09-17-2015 09:35 AM

Man you just made me more excited now. But Intel based phone (I am expecting Surface branding to carry that) will come just after few months?
    09-17-2015 10:40 AM
121 12345