I was excited about October 6th howzabout you?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well... Are you???

It's all starting to come together! For some it's not happening fast enough, but others seem to be in a relaxed mood, just waiting to see what's on the horizon. WC posted an article earlier, highlighting the expected devices lineup for the press event and it seems like a strong lineup.

The surface line is set to continue, the flagship phones are almost here (it'll be good to see how well they handle w10), maybe demo Astoria/Lightwood apps, Band 2.0 (really excited for that) and w10 for xbox one.

If you're the kind of person that likes to look at the big picture, then you gotta admit, this picture is looking good :grin:

article (in case you missed it): What to expect from Microsoft's Windows 10 devices event in NYC | Windows Central

I'm pretty stoked :cool:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I am looking forward to it! It's going to be very interesting. I'll be refreshing Windows Central as much as I can.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I am looking forward to it! It's going to be very interesting. I'll be refreshing Windows Central as much as I can.

Agreed! I'll try to follow it live :confused: but if not, WC has me covered. Really excited to see the band 2.0. Unlike the phones, not much is known about it :/ Most of the stuff we have is based on speculation of what it might have

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
He's not expecting them to be announced at the event, but we will be getting those phones eventually :) Don't think MS will adopt the iOS approach

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
He's talking about only ONE low end phone to be released in 2016. If that's correct market share could easily fall under 1%.

True but MS wants to back off so that others can take over. If that plan fails then they'll go back to making the phones on their own, but for now they really want to see how many will be interested to build windows phones

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Although I am looking forward to the 950 XL and Pen, it will be a bitter pill to swallow if I don't see an actual Smart Watch come out!!! For Band fans the day should be good, but the whole form factor for me is just nothing I want or need.
The worst part of all this is Nokia did all the R&D and had Moonraker ready to go with the launch of the 930, which would have been well out in front of Apple Watch, and this event could have added to it, had Microsoft not killed it in the crib.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Apple fans should be excited too... They're about to see the products and new features that are going to influence their ecosystem in a few years

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05