I was excited about October 6th howzabout you?

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Something tells me I'm going to blow through my savings pretty soon. Holiday shopping will be fun this year (shopping for me, that is). Planning to get SP4, 950, Band 2, and a cheeseburger!

Maybe I can take the burger off the list, I don't want to go completely broke...

The hamburgers are included in Windows 10 Mobile.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Something tells me I'm going to blow through my savings pretty soon. Holiday shopping will be fun this year (shopping for me, that is). Planning to get SP4, 950, Band 2, and a cheeseburger!

Maybe I can take the burger off the list, I don't want to go completely broke...

Better start logging some overtime my friend.

Waughy

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Mostly interested in the 950XL to see if it can sway me away from my iPhone 6+. Windows OS is much better than iOS, and app support will hopefully improve once 10 Mobile is out to the public.
I recently ditched my iPad Air 2 for a Surface 3 and haven't looked back. I'll see what's in store for Surface next year and skip the Pro 4, only because the non pro 3 I have is only a few weeks old, and doing a great job for how I use it. I'll have a good look at the Pro 4 though, to see what it's packing, and how much it sh_ts on the iPad Pro. I said I won't get one, but if an opportunity came along I'd probably take it if the cost to upgrade was small or negligible if I sell the S3 and some other 'toys' to raise the funding.
Small interest in Band. Haven't worn a watch etc in nearly 10 years, so will see what it can do and how it looks. I might give it a go if I find it interesting.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious if they will showcase any new app partners that will be publishing apps for Windows 10 Universal. Also I think they will be talking about the next Desktop update and likely rolling it out after.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm most excited for the launch of the Lumia 950 XL. I hope it launches on T-Mobile. If not I'm hoping Microsoft takes a page out of apples book and launched their own device finance Program directly through the Microsoft stores on the unlocked versions on these phones.

Also excited for any announcement of newly ported ios and android apps I'm expecting some kind of showcase of new apps.

It would be nice if they announce more hardware partners for high-mid range phones.

Can't wait

Joe Dubya

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Band 2 most exciting for me, only because no leaks and the most to improve upon.

SP4 has to be equal weight to Surface (Atom) 3 before I'm interested - SP3 too heavy and the S3 already pushing the limits of "tablet", but I'm loving mine and wishing for more horsepower. A 1.37lb Surface Pro 4? mmmmmmm. I think MSFT will also want to showcase its partners at the event, so maybe we'll see those Dell Infinity Edge tablets or that secret HP tablet from earlier this year - I would bet heavily on a partner surprise(s).

The 950s, not sure what to think there - I desperately want to chuck my L830 (S808 and S810 + 3GB should solve the laggy-ness), but I'm not completely sold just yet. I'm hoping they wow us with something other than continuum. Regardless, I'll never ever see one in real life before I order so I'll have to rely on reviews....I really really hate that. Maybe we'll see some new hardware partners? That would be cool.

A per one of the previous posts, would not be surprised to see some new universal app announcements - developers don't "hate" windows, they're just waiting for the installed base - 100 million machines in the first few weeks should get their attention.

Should be a good day - someone please take my money! (Lumia, I'm looking at you...)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Mostly interested in the 950XL to see if it can sway me away from my iPhone 6+. Windows OS is much better than iOS, and app support will hopefully improve once 10 Mobile is out to the public.
I recently ditched my iPad Air 2 for a Surface 3 and haven't looked back. I'll see what's in store for Surface next year and skip the Pro 4, only because the non pro 3 I have is only a few weeks old, and doing a great job for how I use it. I'll have a good look at the Pro 4 though, to see what it's packing, and how much it sh_ts on the iPad Pro. I said I won't get one, but if an opportunity came along I'd probably take it if the cost to upgrade was small or negligible if I sell the S3 and some other 'toys' to raise the funding.
Small interest in Band. Haven't worn a watch etc in nearly 10 years, so will see what it can do and how it looks. I might give it a go if I find it interesting.

I have no qualms against iOS and I think both platforms have their merits, but moving on.. According to some MS insiders (don't ask how I know lol) the new surface devices are pretty neat and maybe better than those that came before, so keep your eyes open?

I love watches :D but I need the band to monitor my heart rate so if it still has the sensor built in and the same pricing I might go for it as a Christmas gift for myself

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Band 2 most exciting for me, only because no leaks and the most to improve upon.

SP4 has to be equal weight to Surface (Atom) 3 before I'm interested - SP3 too heavy and the S3 already pushing the limits of "tablet", but I'm loving mine and wishing for more horsepower. A 1.37lb Surface Pro 4? mmmmmmm. I think MSFT will also want to showcase its partners at the event, so maybe we'll see those Dell Infinity Edge tablets or that secret HP tablet from earlier this year - I would bet heavily on a partner surprise(s).

The 950s, not sure what to think there - I desperately want to chuck my L830 (S808 and S810 + 3GB should solve the laggy-ness), but I'm not completely sold just yet. I'm hoping they wow us with something other than continuum. Regardless, I'll never ever see one in real life before I order so I'll have to rely on reviews....I really really hate that. Maybe we'll see some new hardware partners? That would be cool.

A per one of the previous posts, would not be surprised to see some new universal app announcements - developers don't "hate" windows, they're just waiting for the installed base - 100 million machines in the first few weeks should get their attention.

Should be a good day - someone please take my money! (Lumia, I'm looking at you...)

Agreed! I don't own a surface (maybe some day...) but as for the rest, I agree with ya

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm even more excited about this event after talking to my buddy who works for Microsoft. I saw him last night, and he said the new Surface is way more than anyone is expecting. I tried to pry some info out of him, and I don't know how Microsoft does it, but he would not budge lol. They have a very strict NDA, but what he could tell me, was that it was backward compatible with current Surface Pro 3 docking stations and accessories, and that is was MUCH MUCH MORE than ANYONE is expecting!

Whatever it is, they're sure keeping a tight lid on it. I'm really hoping that the new phones have something that surprises us as well at this event. He has told me before that these ARM based (950 and 950XL) phones are going to be good, but the Intel based phones coming in January/February are going to be the ones to watch. He says "those are the phones I'm waiting for,"

ftruehill

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Excited for the Band 2.

Not really wanting to upgrade my SP3 yet..since basically it's still a new device. Of course a fan-less surface would be cool...but i somewhat believe it will have overheating issues (i dunno why but i have that feeling).

Phone wise, i'm a little neutral about getting a new windows phone. Love my 1520 but the app quality is getting to me compared to the iphone 6 i have. So basically for productivity, i use my 1520 but social apps and other means...i use my iphone. would love to ditch my iPhone but until the quality in apps is there..i have no option due to my lifestyle.

Joe Dubya

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm even more excited about this event after talking to my buddy who works for Microsoft. I saw him last night, and he said the new Surface is way more than anyone is expecting. I tried to pry some info out of him, and I don't know how Microsoft does it, but he would not budge lol. They have a very strict NDA, but what he could tell me, was that it was backward compatible with current Surface Pro 3 docking stations and accessories, and that is was MUCH MUCH MORE than ANYONE is expecting!

Whatever it is, they're sure keeping a tight lid on it. I'm really hoping that the new phones have something that surprises us as well at this event. He has told me before that these ARM based (950 and 950XL) phones are going to be good, but the Intel based phones coming in January/February are going to be the ones to watch. He says "those are the phones I'm waiting for,"

Tom Warren made some similar comments on twitter suggesting that SP3 buyers should DEFINITELY wait (he's seen SP4) and implied something bigger is coming... Thinner and windows hello nice but I'm expecting a bigger surprise. Intel phones in January? Seems too soon, but a Surface 3 with LTE is a10.8" phone...

iBandar

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

Man you just made me more excited now. But Intel based phone (I am expecting Surface branding to carry that) will come just after few months?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Man you just made me more excited now. But Intel based phone (I am expecting Surface branding to carry that) will come just after few months?
That's what he said.. Maybe they'll be "announcing" these intel phones then, and they'll be available at a later date, idk. He sure made it sound like they're "coming out" in Jan/Feb. We might hear something about these at the Oct 6th event, but I doubt it. They want people to buy the 950/950XL first I'm sure...

isaac lee ishida

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I do not feel excited because:

1. I've been waiting too long to see the latest Lumia smartphone, so I feel tired of waiting.

2. Lumia 950 and 950 XL is among the ugliest phone designs ever seen. (Although it's not final design).

3. Lumia 950 will be launched this year, but it will arrive on the market in my country in 2016. So the hardware and software specifications may be considered outdated (in 2016 Snapdragon 820 already in use).

So I will wait for the other high end Lumia in the future, perhaps at the end of 2016.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720