Farewell Zune Message

kevvan

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
While the writing has been on the wall, the information about how MS is going to handle transition from Zune to Groove was announced this afternoon.

It appears that users who have Zune passes will be automatically transferred or they can cancel. I was one of the ones that had the 10 song download as part of the package. From what I read, it just goes away and that's all there is too it. The consolation is that you still have access to the entire catalog. I can't say I am surprised, in fact what surprises me is that it took this long. I am disappointed and will miss the 10 downloads that was part of my subscription as I always had a built in source for new music. I've included the text from the email that I received this afternoon for those that are interested.

Message from Microsoft

Zune support is ending
but Groove is just getting started

As a Zune customer, you?ve been a big part of our music community. Thanks for being with us from the start. Over the years, we've continuously worked to evolve our music app and service ? and as part of that process, we will no longer support Zune subscriptions or streaming, either on the Zune device or the Zune PC client. These changes will take place in the next month, and may impact you as a Zune subscriber.

Current Zune subscribers will automatically transition to Microsoft?s new Groove
Music Pass, which lets you stream and download 40 million songs1 ad-free to your PC, Xbox, tablet, the web, and compatible phone (including Android, iPhone and Windows Phone). You'll love Groove ? a huge song catalog that follows you on nearly any device, a dedicated app that keeps your playlists and purchases all together, and OneDrive integration that lets you drop your own MP3s right into the Groove mix and play them on the go. [ Tell me more about Groove ] < this is a link but I can't post links because I haven't posted enough here].

Have questions about your plan?
Certain Zune plans will receive automatic account credits. Get information about rates, credits, and other plan adjustments at our [ Zune FAQ page ] <this is a link in the message but I can't post links because I haven't posted enough here].

Not sure about Groove?
If it turns out Groove Music Pass isn?t for you, you can discontinue it [ here ] <this is a link in the message but I can't post links because I haven't posted enough here].

patternjake

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Groove is a terrible name for a new music service. When they announced it I thought it was some kind of joke. They should have just kept it as XBOX Music, it's a well known brand. Groove is just. Ugh. Heck even Zune is better.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Groove is a terrible name for a new music service. When they announced it I thought it was some kind of joke. They should have just kept it as XBOX Music, it's a well known brand. Groove is just. Ugh. Heck even Zune is better.

Then again... People who haven't used the old version would think you needed an Xbox to use the app...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte